Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Experiencer
It's the non-sceptical Christians that used to work us like slaves. Thank God religion has taken a back seat, otherwise we might still all be working in the fields and handing our tithes over to the absent priests'.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
God rested on the seventh day. If we put the skeptic-atheists in charge, they would work us like slaves, 18 hour days with no weekend for weeks.
How do you work that out?
It was the religious fundamentalists of the middle-ages who treated their workers as slaves; most notably the church.
Improvements to working conditions and times are primarily the result of trade unions or left wing activists. The peasant revolt, the French Revolution and the Tolpuddle Martyrs all spring to mind.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
If you don't believe in the paranormal, than why on earth are you here? A spiritual forum is about things "of the spirit".
There are people here who believe in all sorts of things, I'm sure you don't believe in all what they believe in.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiBach
It's the non-sceptical Christians that used to work us like slaves. Thank God religion has taken a back seat, otherwise we might still all be working in the fields and handing our tithes over to the absent priests'.

So are you suggesting that unreligious humans would not enslave others and think of schemes to take their money?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I can't speak for Revolver, but personally I do believe in things of the spirit. They are not detectable by science, and therefore, are a matter of faith.
Not sure about ghosts, but God certainly exists. imo

I disagree, I think science can detect God and is destined too. I think everything is destined to detect God in time.

Heres an interesting article;

http://www.ibtimes.com/god-real-scie...cbooks-1446396
Old 06-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr
Right but thanks to modern archaeology and egyptology we know that the new testament stories are mythology taken from earlier myths.

http://truthbeknown.com/articles.html

We know that the Jesus/God story is as mythological as Hercules/Zeus.
In fact Hercules also had an Earth mother/Sky father, virgin birth and such.

We have found no physical evidence of Hercules, we have physical evidence of Jesus existence. We have;

The actual house of two of his closest friends
We have the bones of two people who met him
We have the river he was baptised in
We have the actual city he walked in
The actual garden he prayed in
The place he was killed at
Evidence of the Roman Pilot who judged him
Actual ground he walked on

I challange you to produce anything simular that supports the existence of Hercules.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
We have found no physical evidence of Hercules, we have physical evidence of Jesus existence. We have;

The actual house of two of his closest friends
We have the bones of two people who met him
We have the river he was baptised in
We have the actual city he walked in
The actual garden he prayed in
The place he was killed at
Evidence of the Roman Pilot who judged him
Actual ground he walked on

I challange you to produce anything simular that supports the existence of Hercules.
I didn't know anybody was claiming to have seen Hercules?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
I didn't know anybody was claiming to have seen Hercules?

Well, you know, just in case they did, history has something for them. You cannot use a myth, to reduce a historical fact. People who always bring up myths to , somehow in their thinking, erase the fact of God or reduce his reality to be a myth, is utter contridiction in my view. Humans have seen the Son of God in our history, no human has seen or touched their myths.

Jesus influenced humanity FAR more than all humans in history combined; and that is a fact! That's not a myth, its reality as it is; and the effort to reduce reality to be a myth, is old school deception.

Its a new thing going on; its called reality!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Well, you know, just in case they did, history has something for them. You cannot use a myth, to reduce a historical fact. People who always bring up myths to , somehow in their thinking, erase the fact of God or reduce his reality to be a myth, is utter contridiction in my view. Humans have seen the Son of God in our history, no human has seen or touched their myths.

Jesus influenced humanity FAR more than all humans in history combined; and that is a fact! That's not a myth, its reality as it is; and the effort to reduce reality to be a myth, is old school deception.

Its a new thing going on; its called reality!

I think that it makes sense that God exists as the Holy Spirit. In fact I think that science is at a loss to explain the big bang without the existence of God, in fact they've reached a dead end and are getting lost in all this inflationary minutiae that won't amount to anything. Like I've said before, I can support my claim, with physics, that the physical universe emerged from a spiritual or aetheric (of the aether) existence. It is perfectly reasonable that God exists as the Holy Spirit.

What is not reasonable is a self generating universe that comes from nothing, yet has fixed physics constants, elaborate rules and no visible way to enforce these rules. The only reason we don't call it magic is because the atheists throw a hissing fit when we do.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I think that it makes sense that God exists as the Holy Spirit. In fact I think that science is at a loss to explain the big bang without the existence of God, in fact they've reached a dead end and are getting lost in all this inflationary minutiae that won't amount to anything. Like I've said before, I can support my claim, with physics, that the physical universe emerged from a spiritual or aetheric (of the aether) existence. It is perfectly reasonable that God exists as the Holy Spirit.

What is not reasonable is a self generating universe that comes from nothing, yet has fixed physics constants, elaborate rules and no visible way to enforce these rules. The only reason we don't call it magic is because the atheists throw a hissing fit when we do.

I agree God exists, but I am not sure what you mean by he exisits " As the Holy Spirit." I don't understand the Holy Spirit as many others do; I really don't know what it is. But, in my view of scripture, God has , at the least, 7 Spirits, and what we understand as the Holy Spirit, may be just one of them, or even seperate from them, making at least 8.. And those 7 Spirits are always with him on his throne, Rev. 4:5.

I think its correct to call God " A Spirit", even of course " A Holy Spirit", but to limit his existence to just being " The Holy Spirit', is, in my view, far too limiting in its expression. There is " More" to God than we know and understand. He has 7 Spirits, that are revealed, possibly 8; what they are, I have little idea. What they do, I have no idea. Are they individual beings, I don't know? Are they an integral part of God, linked to him, I would say yes. But it blows the Trinity doctrine out of the park!

Are they individually conscious, these 7 Spirits of God? Well all things are possible with God, I would guess that they are conscious, as is everythingelse on God's throne, which includes Jesus, the 24 Elders, Seraphims and a few other great creatures or beings described in Revelations; I think every being that lives on Gods throne, ( or God's personal abode), is conscious.

A study of God's throne is fascinating.