Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Master
Science itself is a part of God's mind. Its a talent he gave humanity.
Old 26-04-2014, 02:41 AM
joelr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I could make this biblical archaeology a very long list if I wanted to; but the point is there is plenty of archaeology that has not been tainted or edited by humans.

Right but thanks to modern archaeology and egyptology we know that the new testament stories are mythology taken from earlier myths.

http://truthbeknown.com/articles.html

We know that the Jesus/God story is as mythological as Hercules/Zeus.
In fact Hercules also had an Earth mother/Sky father, virgin birth and such.
Old 26-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Mazulu

I hate too see atheists deride Christianity. Based upon the most inciteful evidence that we have, Christianity, judaism, and all other spiritual teachings are really communications from the world of spirit. While you may diagree with these communications, or how these teachings are applied, they are far more significant than mere myths. These teachings come from the spirit world.
Old 26-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Deactivated Account
There is no way to not see god, unless you are blind, science reveal the deeper layers of god, religion reveals the possibilities of god, each can be wrong and each can be right.
Old 26-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
The thread may be long and not to your liking, but its good enough for you to advertise your thread on.

Interesting.

Where did I say that it isn't to my liking, mickiel?

I said, that it is evidence that some will not believe no matter what. And others are inclined to Faith. That's all.

Meanwhile, there is the Oxford archaeological research documentary about how Mathew's and Mark's Gospel was written within a generation of Jesus' life. Based on found artifacts.

That's what my thread was about, for anyone interested.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Experiencer

There are many ways to interpret it, this is what makes the discussion about God difficult. Some hold the view that God is an entity somewhere, some hold the view that everything is God and some hold the view that God is inside. Science is a study of what can be observed and agreed upon by everyone, and a principle in the scientific method is to let reality speak for itself. This is clever in the sense that it's hard to disagree on what can objectively be seen and picked up by the senses. Everyone seems to agree about common things like water because it's impossible (severe dementia etc. aside) to deny the existence of it.

God on the other hand is not agreed upon by everyone which leads to conflict regarding differing views, and this pretty much breaks down the whole purpose of religion. If the purpose is to create peace then understanding the apparently opposing view and finding things we do have in common is more effective rather than arguing over differences.

Personally I tend to stick to what holds us together regardless of beliefs, and I could point out reasons until the day I die about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the message, only that it appears obvious to me that humans have a tendency to deliver the same message in different wrapping. Then go on to disagree about complicated details such as words.
Old 27-04-2014, 04:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That's a really good quote.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:

Science has revealed too, that the Universe, and the World, are made up of "Information", and Math.

"So far, in parts one and two mathematics appears as no more than physics' indispensible tool kit for describing the world. The final part ups the ante:
'Our reality isn't just described by mathematics – it is mathematics … Not just aspects of it, but all of it, including you.' "

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/31/our-mathematical-universe-max-tegmark-review

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 03-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Deactivated Account
I think science have revealed there is no god, and why would we need one, the cosmos is like one big living organism, everything working as one, yes, that is what I call god.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
[color=black]Science has revealed too, that the Universe, and the World, are made up of "Information", and Math.
That is clearly not a defensible statement. It is more accurate to say that the universe is made of particles and fields.