Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_thing
omg

what is spiritual?

i am new and i have to ask this question because i think it is far overblown than necessary

Thinking is not spiritual. Seems it is more human ..... :)
Old 01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique Enigma
Thinking is not spiritual. Seems it is more human ..... :)

Good point.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_thing
omg

what is spiritual?

i am new and i have to ask this question because i think it is far overblown than necessary
To me, spiritualism, is a shared inclination to believe a certain few ideas. Spiritualists are the only ppl who appear to define a group of ppl who share my similar mind set, belief system. Which is contrary in its own right because its more about the things we believe but are free to change our opinions on and evolve through as we progress.

Every religion calls itself spiritual, and its true they can be and often are about enlightenment etc... However to me, by definition, "Spiritualists" are almost a sect of like minded counterparts. And I am one, who has faith in the universe and its amazing, spellbinding infinity...power, divine beauty and balance.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
mac

Spiritualism - under this forum title, itself under the umbrella of 'Religions and Faiths' - relates to the philosophy and teachings of Modern Spiritualism. That is a registered, officially recognised religion in the UK.

The words or terms 'spiritualism' (common noun, lower case 's') is a catch-all one which encompasses anything to do with spirituality or being spiritual.

Spiritualism, or more accurately Modern Spiritualism - http://www.snu.org.uk/Spiritualism/history.htm - is highly specific and not something that applies to just anything spiritual - whatever it's thought that 'spiritual' means.....
Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
deepsea

I was following this topic but lost track now.
What are we discussing,spirituality or spiritualism?
Just too lazy to read right back to the beginning.

deepsea
Old 22-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Knower
Dont bother, all you will find is words :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I was following this topic but lost track now.
What are we discussing,spirituality or spiritualism?
Just too lazy to read right back to the beginning.

deepsea
Old 22-06-2011, 02:59 PM
LightFilledHeart

What exactly is a spiritualist, by definition?
Old 22-06-2011, 05:41 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
What exactly is a spiritualist, by definition?

You can't exactly define a Spiritualist (as per forum title Spiritualism, under 'Religion and Faiths')

But the principle that it's someone who understands there's life beyond corporeal death and also that sometimes, through mediumship, the ones who are no longer with us - 'dead' - may return to communicate their continued existence, kinda covers it.

For completeness, here's one definition of Spiritualism though it may not much help a west coaster.....

"Modern Spiritualism (usually shortened to just Spiritualism) has its roots in Hydesville, New York, USA. Much historical information and comment is readily available online.

In the UK it is officially recognised as a legal religion with churches and ministers. Again, an online search will explain the background to this situation. In many other countries it is not treated in the same way.

The basis of Spiritualist philosophy is that all humans survive as individuals beyond physical death. Those who have passed on are usually termed
spirits.

Spiritualism teaches that these individuals are still very much alive and active. Furthermore they retain their characters and characteristics, both of which can provide evidence of identity when they return to communicate with loved ones. Someone who helps facilitate this is known as a
medium.

Providing evidence of survival through communication defines the primary role of a
Spiritualist medium.

She or he acts as a ‘go-between’, someone able to hear the words from a spirit communicator (
clairaudience) or able to see and describe them (clairvoyance). Other forms of mediumship are also sometimes demonstrated. The medium tries to pass on as accurately as possible whatever they receive from the spirit communicator to the intended recipient.

Such communication can provide details of personality, names or places which are recognised, evidence showing that loved ones are still alive. It is a two-way process and the recipient of a message can pass on their own message or question.

It is frequently said that mediums are psychic but psychics are not necessarily mediums. Psychics may be aware of spirits, even able to communicate with them, but they may not provide the information which characterises evidential mediumship."
Old 22-06-2011, 05:43 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique Enigma
Dont bother, all you will find is words :p

In a discussion forum, what else would you expect to find?

photographic images, video, podcast?
Old 30-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Experiencer

Awakening on May 4. Since then

I fasted, started to eat healthy, discovering hidden talents, which comes to me in glimpses, urges of getting involved in the community.

Was always looking for answers, and felt I needed a teacher. I now know that we are own teachers, that's with the help of the spirit in within, of course.

My body changed from an out of shape 40yr old body, to a 20yr old looking fitness buff. I have an urge to master motion, energy, an balance. I practice every time I get.

It's about slowing down time, with breathing, slow movement, harnessing the resistance of gravity etc...

i have also a feeling that my wake up call has to do with Neptune returning home to Pisces. Giving me a glimpse of whats to come for next year.

I gotta stay humble in my thoughts and continuing of fighting my fears. Lots to learn and contribute. Opening up my world is a must.!!!

Love to all, peace and good luck on our Journeys, we all have one. :)