Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Master

Tarot practice thread

Hi all,

As discussed here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=89087), here is the Tarot version of the 'make a prediction about the person above you' thread! :)

This thread is intended to facilitate tarot practice between members of this forum whether beginner or advanced. In the spirit of fair play, readings are performed as thus:

[tealily opens thread]
Reader A reads for tealily
Reader B reads for Reader A
Reader C reads for Reader B
Reader D reads for Reader C (...and so on).

How to play:

1) Do a tarot or oracle prediction for the person above you and post it in this thread. The choice of deck or spread is entirely up to you.

2) Now, a choice: Make it EASY by giving the next reader an area you'd like your reading to be about (career, love etc). If you want to write a specific question (even if generally worded), that'd probably be helpful for the next reader. Otherwise, make it HARDER by leaving it completely general :)

3) Post constructive feedback after you've received your followup reading

4) Please write "Last reading done by ___[last reader's username here]___" at the bottom of your post, even if just offering feedback (it can get hard to follow whose turn it is when there's in-thread feedback/discussion)

Some guidelines:

- Are you a beginner and freaking out? No worries! It's all about experience. Every time you have to look up what a card means, or spend two minutes thinking about what a card might mean in relation to another card, it makes you a more knowledgeable reader. We recommend the use of a three or one-card spread rather than something complicated (like the Celtic Cross spread, which is sooo not beginner-friendly)

- This is not a freebie reading thread; if you don't have cards or don't feel confident, use a site like http://serennu.com/tarot/pick.php?l=1c to generate an online spread and use biddytarot or similar to find card definitions.

To prevent misuse of this thread, I encourage members to ignore any 'hey I'm not good at this, but can someone do a reading for me? I really need one' posts. That's not fair play! The correct home for these posts is the Reading Requests forum.

Let's begin!

------------
I'm happy for a general reading - an appropriate question might be "what can you tell me about tealily?"

Last edited by tealily : 01-08-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:43 AM
Master
Oh, how exciting! Thanks Tealily for organising this.

I'm using the Rider Waite deck and I do reversals (and wouldn't you know it, they were all reversed!)

I chose 3 cards, in no particular spread, which were:

9 of Pentacles reversed, VII of Pentacles reversed and IV of Swords reversed.

From these cards I would say Tealily is:

9 of Pentacles reversed: an independent type of woman who works hard but would like to have more leisure time but can't afford to at the moment. She may be experiencing a loss or lack of funds.

VII of Pentacles reversed: she's feeling frustrated and impatient with some aspect of her life. She may have thrown the towel in with something, or be thinking about it, because she feels she has put a lot into it but isn't getting enough out of it.

IV of Swords reversed: she's taken some time out recovering and is now ready to get back in the swing of things.

My question is a general one regarding finances. Something like "what can you tell me about my finances?"

Edit: I'm not sure if I've done this correctly. I thought about it afterwards and I'm not sure if I put in enough information. Could someone point me in the right direction, if I haven't? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Oh, how exciting! Thanks Tealily for organising this.

I'm using the Rider Waite deck and I do reversals (and wouldn't you know it, they were all reversed!)

I chose 3 cards, in no particular spread, which were:

9 of Pentacles reversed, VII of Pentacles reversed and IV of Swords reversed.

From these cards I would say Tealily is:

9 of Pentacles reversed: an independent type of woman who works hard but would like to have more leisure time but can't afford to at the moment. She may be experiencing a loss or lack of funds.

VII of Pentacles reversed: she's feeling frustrated and impatient with some aspect of her life. She may have thrown the towel in with something, or be thinking about it, because she feels she has put a lot into it but isn't getting enough out of it.

IV of Swords reversed: she's taken some time out recovering and is now ready to get back in the swing of things.

My question is a general one regarding finances. Something like "what can you tell me about my finances?"

Edit: I'm not sure if I've done this correctly. I thought about it afterwards and I'm not sure if I put in enough information. Could someone point me in the right direction, if I haven't? Thanks.
Hi Pandora,

What a great reading! I really liked it - succinct but accurate.

You're right, I'm a hard worker and gritting my teeth at the hours my studies require (which also limits the amount of time I can work/money I can earn). I'm somewhat frustrated/impatient with life at the moment, particularly my love life which I've 85% completely given up on

Recently I've been focusing less on boys and more on myself, which has been great - and has resulted in several projects finally being worked on/completed after being on hold for months.

Reading for Pandora:

The following spread was done with RW, using reversals, and in a 1) Situation, 2) Need to Know, and 3) Advice layout.

My cards are telling me that at present, you're in a good position (10 of Pentacles). It feels established and prosperous.

However they also tell me that you're in the process of moving on (6 of Swords) and this may not be entirely willing or without an aspect of fear/uncertainty. I'm not sure whether this is a resignation or some kind of sell off (the latter jumped to mind first) but the vibe is all about a new start/being on your way to starting over.

For advice, my cards are suggesting you surrender to the changes (Death). It feels bigger than you are and it will be easier to let it happen rather than try to fight it/control it.

Am a bit concerned about accuracy here as these are big calls, so let me know if I'm way off! :/

Last reading done by: Tealily. Happy to go with another general read, otherwise suggested question is "what's the best thing about tealily's life right now?"
Old 01-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Master
Thanks Tealily. That was awesome fun!

I've learnt that the 4 of Swords reversed doesn't necessarily mean just "recovering" or "coming back from holidays". It could also mean getting things finished after a time of them being on hold.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm learning heaps already.

Your reading for me was brilliant. 10 of Pentacles - I'm not in a great position financially (as in day to day) but my partner and I have a house that we rent out, which supplies income. (Asset rich, cash poor at the moment). So that was very accurate, we are in a good position for longterm financial security.

6 of Swords was very accurate too. We are having problems with our local council and have been told we have to move out of where we are, as it doesn't meet council approval. There is a great deal of uncertainty surrounding this situation at the moment and is very stressful and is not something we want to do. So that was spot on too.

Death is also spot on. We realise we have to surrender to the changes, even though it's a pain in the backside at the moment, once it's all sorted, it will be better in the long run.

Absolutely brilliant Tealily, thanks!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 PM
55Degrees

Reading for tealily
What is the best thing about tealily's life right now

Deck used -Legacy of the Divine

Cards drawn - Queen of Coins, 4 of Swords Rx (again), 4 of Cups

It would appear that the best thing about your life right now is realising just how resourceful you are, and that you are a woman capable of using her own power to produce results. You are able to reflect on any missed opportunities, knowing the time wasn't right and that new opportunities will come your way (you're an optimist ). Your patience will pay off for you and you are happy to wait for the right opportunity to present itself.
Summarising, the best thing about tealily's life, optimism, patience and resourcefulness.

Last reading by pisces_moon general reading is good, if preferred tho' where do I need to focus my energies for August?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:24 AM
Master
I hope it's okay me doing this one as well. I didn't want to hog them all without leaving someone else a chance. Let me know if I'm being to enthusiastic, for want of a better word. This is so much fun and really gets my brain working!

Where does Pisces Moon need to focus her energies for August? (I'm presuming you're a she, lol).

Rider Waite, using reversals.

Cards drawn: 10 of Wands, 9 of Wands, Death (no reversals this time, from one extreme to the other!)

The first thing I thought with the 10 of Wands, is you've got too much going on. Perhaps you need to finish what you're working on, before starting something new, or you may be having problems getting something finished that is causing you stress. At the moment, it's like you're stumbling blindly trying to get things finished, when you would get them finished quicker if you reorganised and worked more efficiently. Maybe try taking a step back, or taking a breather and then reassess and refocus, so you make good use of your time and effort.

The 9 of Wands makes me think that you may need to pay closer attention to what you're doing. The person looks very stressed and are likely to repeat past mistakes. I think that ties in with the 10 of Wands too. Because you've got so much on your plate at the moment, you may be more likely to have something come back and bite you on the backside if you don't be careful (or you may drop that load on your foot, figuratively speaking).

Death sort of reiterates the other cards to me. Death is saying you need to make some pretty drastic changes. Perhaps you need to decide what you want to keep (or keep doing) and what you want to get rid of, that will lighten your load and lessen your stress. It may be advising you that you need to get rid of the old, before starting with the new, or cut out the dead wood, so to speak.

Last reading by Pandora. My question is a general question regarding my cat's health in the next few weeks. I don't really know how to word it, so it's not a "yes" or "no" question. So maybe something like, "what can you tell me about my cat's health situation?"
Old 02-08-2015, 07:55 AM
55Degrees

Feedback for Pandora

Well you have pretty much nailed it. I am working a job with early morning shifts, and looking after my grandson of an evening while my daughter works. In between which I am juggling with taking my mother to her hospital appointments (and everywhere else she decides she wants to go) and trying to keep on top of my studies. To say I am burning the candle at both ends is an understatement. I feel constantly stressed and never feel rested. (I'm not very good at saying 'no' to my family's requests for help). So your interpretation of 10 and 9 of Wands is absolutely spot on.
I know I need to re-assess and look at what I can change, Death card, my job is only seasonal (summertime here in the UK) and I only have guarenteed work until the start of September, after which the company could decide to let me go or keep me on. It could be the Death card is showing that change (not being kept on at work), as it is a change (an inevitable one that I have no control over) but I do need to re-prioritise until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I hope it's okay me doing this one as well. I didn't want to hog them all without leaving someone else a chance. Let me know if I'm being to enthusiastic, for want of a better word. This is so much fun and really gets my brain working!

Where does Pisces Moon need to focus her energies for August? (I'm presuming you're a she, lol).

Rider Waite, using reversals.

Cards drawn: 10 of Wands, 9 of Wands, Death (no reversals this time, from one extreme to the other!)

The first thing I thought with the 10 of Wands, is you've got too much going on. Perhaps you need to finish what you're working on, before starting something new, or you may be having problems getting something finished that is causing you stress. At the moment, it's like you're stumbling blindly trying to get things finished, when you would get them finished quicker if you reorganised and worked more efficiently. Maybe try taking a step back, or taking a breather and then reassess and refocus, so you make good use of your time and effort.

The 9 of Wands makes me think that you may need to pay closer attention to what you're doing. The person looks very stressed and are likely to repeat past mistakes. I think that ties in with the 10 of Wands too. Because you've got so much on your plate at the moment, you may be more likely to have something come back and bite you on the backside if you don't be careful (or you may drop that load on your foot, figuratively speaking).

Death sort of reiterates the other cards to me. Death is saying you need to make some pretty drastic changes. Perhaps you need to decide what you want to keep (or keep doing) and what you want to get rid of, that will lighten your load and lessen your stress. It may be advising you that you need to get rid of the old, before starting with the new, or cut out the dead wood, so to speak.

Last reading by Pandora. My question is a general question regarding my cat's health in the next few weeks. I don't really know how to word it, so it's not a "yes" or "no" question. So maybe something like, "what can you tell me about my cat's health situation?"

Thank you. Very accurate,
Old 02-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Master
Thanks for the feedback Pisces Moon. You've certainly got a lot on your plate! From what you've just said, I'm thinking the 9 of Wands is perhaps a warning not to keep going the way you are, because the stress may affect your health, (looking at that bandage on his head). If you have suffered from any stress related health issues in the past, the message may be to be careful that they don't resurface, seeing as the man in the 9 of Wands has already been hurt in a past battle.

I hope everything calms down for you and you get some rest time. Do something nice for yourself.

On another note, my partner and I are from the UK. Well, I wasn't born there, I lived there for a number of years, but my partner was born there. We go back for 6 months or so each year or other year to visit relatives. My partner is nagging to go back now (we got back from our last trip last September) but alas, we just can't afford it at the moment, with various dramas happening here! We're normally in the UK in summer, and this is the first winter we've been in Australia for a couple of years. Let me tell you, we're feeling it.

Thanks again and all the best.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Master

Feedback for Pisces_Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Reading for tealily
What is the best thing about tealily's life right now

Deck used -Legacy of the Divine

Cards drawn - Queen of Coins, 4 of Swords Rx (again), 4 of Cups

It would appear that the best thing about your life right now is realising just how resourceful you are, and that you are a woman capable of using her own power to produce results. You are able to reflect on any missed opportunities, knowing the time wasn't right and that new opportunities will come your way (you're an optimist ). Your patience will pay off for you and you are happy to wait for the right opportunity to present itself.
Summarising, the best thing about tealily's life, optimism, patience and resourcefulness.

Thanks for this reading! I definitely think I'm trying to be patient and resourceful - not sure my inner optimist is still alive (although it's activity level is usually raging, so perhaps it's just 'normal' now ) but nice to hear all the same.

I like your style of read - it's positive, and feels really smooth and polished!

Reading for Pandora
Ooh, a health-related question. I don't have much experience with these so glad for the practice!

This is a bit weird, but if your cat was a person I would be saying it's kind of like they just went through a breakup/in the process of going through one... ?! I've got two cards for anxiety here (Judgement, 9 of Wands) with advice to be a bit more open about accepting help/healing (2 of Cups rev).

In context of your cat, I'm wondering if there are territorial disputes with other cats or something?

Apologies for the brief read, I'm a total novice at health-related tarot so at ground zero right now :(

Last reading by: tealily. Happy for a general reading, or "What hope can you offer me regarding happiness in my future?"

PS: I'm actually quite enjoying these suggested tarot questions - getting all sorts of ideas for tarot question wording here :)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Master
Oh, sorry Tealily. I didn't know how to word it. I should have given you more information. It's terribly unfair expecting you to know what's wrong with my cat! I should have said that my cat has recently been diagnosed with diabetes and needs to be injected twice a day with insulin and ask if his diabetes will be successfully brought under control. (He's having to go into the hospital every 2 weeks and have blood tests all day to try and determine the right amount of insulin to give him).

With regard to territorial disputes with other cats. That was interesting. We have 3 cats - his brother is a pain in the backside, he's deaf as a post and howls and makes a racket 24/7 (he can't hear himself, so he doesn't care!). He stresses the whole household out, especially at 4 in the morning when you're trying to sleep.

The other cat is very old, we didn't think she'd survive another winter, and is the matriarch. She's a crotchety, bad tempered old thing, who hisses and gives the young ones a paw across the face if they get too close.

The cat recently diagnoses with diabetes is the most timid, scaredy cat you've ever known. I did wonder if his "stress head" outlook in life may have contributed to his diabetes. He is seriously scared of his own shadow.

I'm not sure about the break up aspect, but the 9 of Wands looks just like him!

Thanks again Tealily.
Closed Thread