Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Would it be accurate to say Tarot cards are a tool, a prop, something to help your focus that would become clairvoyant mediumship? Or would you return to giving a psychic reading?

Yes to me, the Tarot is just a tool that the spirit manipulates/drive you to pick out the correct cards. I can borrow any cards and read from them. I believe it can help the spirits more ways to give out their message depending on you really. I have no clue how they do it through lol Disney magic? (I get a forceful feeling to stop shuffling etc).

I know the different between psychic and working spirit, so I would say working with guides and spirit for mr (I done a few lately via video, soon as we book a time someone pops up in my head saying hello excited to give a message, describe this person at start which sitter can take it).

I mainly Clairsentience (along with empath) and clairvoyant (seeing with my inner screen only). Tried psychic but it does not give me much, it just get taken over by spirit wanting to say hello lol (my whole body vibrate when working with spirit).

But not everyone are the same, different workings and energy. Some just know and cant explain it lol.

I can give readings without Tarot cards....I just like using them at the moment, mainly to help with self reading (unable to read for myself).
Old 07-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Pathfinder

To me angel etc is just a label that people call the higher-beings (I just call them higher beings due to their higher vibration I feel from them, don't have a name for them sometimes I just call them my invisible friends lol) They all come in different foams to me even as an animal (Few times different mediums have said I have cats following me lol) yeah am a cat person too.

We all on a different path working with different energies experiencing different thing.

Last edited by jasonbdj : 07-08-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:13 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
But then I got apprenticing with a very hard-core pagan, a die-hard hedgewitch to the bone, and she worked with angels! When I found out, my jaw dropped, haha.
ANd she said that angels have nothing to do with church/religion. They had been around way before those were even invented. The angels / Angelic realm had always been there.
!

I know some pagans do recognise the angelic realm and understand its not just a 'religion' thing, but it's not my thing. My path is something carved from Khaos.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbdj
To me angel etc is just a label that people call the higher-beings (I just call them higher beings due to their higher vibration I feel from them, don't have a name for them sometimes I just call them my invisible friends lol) They all come in different foams to me even as an animal (Few times different mediums have said I have cats following me lol) yeah am a cat person too.

We all on a different path working with different energies experiencing different thing.
I don't have the allergy so many do concerning labels. They have a clear purpose, and I actually like them.

Animals aren't part of the Angelic realm. They belong to the animal realm.
A cat being with you can be a familiar.
They originate from Orion and come in to protect, help, teach and so on.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
I know some pagans do recognise the angelic realm and understand its not just a 'religion' thing, but it's not my thing. My path is something carved from Khaos.
Okay. I work with them a lot now :) Very powerful and helpful!
When I was in a bad place due to a partner I often called on AA Uriel for help and protection.

Unicorns are part of the Angelic realm as well. I love their energy and working with them!

I am my own mix. Tried and tasted a lot, dumped what didn't resonate for me. Have been busy with hedgewitch craft for a few years, paganism, history of the Celts and druids and Avalon etc.
Then moved on and embraced crystals, energywork, Lightwork and so on.
So I guess I'm a pagan Lightworker.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:32 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Okay. I work with them a lot now :) Very powerful and helpful!
When I was in a bad place due to a partner I often called on AA Uriel for help and protection.

Unicorns are part of the Angelic realm as well. I love their energy and working with them!

I am my own mix. Tried and tasted a lot, dumped what didn't resonate for me. Have been busy with hedgewitch craft for a few years, paganism, history of the Celts and druids and Avalon etc.
Then moved on and embraced crystals, energywork, Lightwork and so on.
So I guess I'm a pagan Lightworker.

The joy of a personal path.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I must have asked the wrong Tarot practitioners!

I'm trying to understand what happens in Tarot reading but I can't do that unless someone helps.

I do understand psychic reading and mediumship so I've tried to work out if Tarot involves either of those disciplines. I do that by asking those who know about Tarot.

It might be helpful to look at the history of Tarot. Tarot as playing cards go back to the 14th century, but the cards were mentioned before that in religious writings. Their original function was for spiritual development but gypsies, primarily, began using them for fortune telling to make money for themselves.

They became very popular in the 1800's by those associated with Theosophy. But Kabbalistic teachings on the concepts that are incorporated in the tarot cards go back before Jesus Christ. Some say that the Torah and Tarot have a relationship. The Torah are the first 5-books in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible, The Talmud is the intellectual interpretation of the Torah, and the Kabbalah is the mystical interpretation of the Torah

There are some Jews who reject the Kabbalah; every religion has their various sects. In the Kabbalah reading the cards for others is not recommended, although they do recommend reading the cards for your self for the purpose of spiritual development. This is contrary to what the gypsies used to do and what most tarot practitioners may do today; they primarily read the cards for others. Tarot, in my opinion, is not for parlor tricks or entertaining others. This is just my opinion based on my orientation to Tarot.

I learned the Tarot as a tool for spiritual development, and I have benefited greatly from using it in that way. It is really not about reading the cards; it is about using the cards to develop your own consciousness. The Rider-Waite deck is the most popular deck in the world, thus there is a lot of psychic energy around that particular deck because it has been widely used frequently.

Its' like being in and empty church and feeling the serene energy there even though no one is there; that energy built up because of the masses who come there and pray, worship, etc. It is the same if a person meditates in the same place in their home frequently that presence will build in that spot, and subconsciously that person will condition themselves to open to meditation when they sit in that place.

So I can ramble on about this for a very long time. If we don't know the history about something, the likelihood is that we are talking about that thing out of context. All religions and spiritual practices, including various types of psychic readings, etc., have a history. I apologize for being long winded.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
The joy of a personal path.
Yes! And the joy of having the freedom to choose and follow that.
I think we're only the 1st or 2nd generation to really have that.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I don't have the allergy so many do concerning labels. They have a clear purpose, and I actually like them.

Animals aren't part of the Angelic realm. They belong to the animal realm.
A cat being with you can be a familiar.
They originate from Orion and come in to protect, help, teach and so on.

To me there are just labels for us from what I know and experienced, they are equal from what they do from my experience. I am not saying your wrong just that I have to experience it myself (not from other experiences) and if I need to learn that part they will show it me.

I do think there are different groups, realms, different energies etc reason why people can have completely different experiences. Look at religions and history, they may not match however they have a similar core if you get what I mean. But I yet to see it myself so can not say what is up there.

They are all here to help and to rise vibration :) I dont know how a car works, only that it helps me to be where I need to be, like tarots but it works for me :)

I just dont need to learn that part right at this moment so I just call them higher-beings (my invisble friends, they like my humor).
Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
It might be helpful to look at the history of Tarot. Tarot as playing cards go back to the 14th century, but the cards were mentioned before that in religious writings. Their original function was for spiritual development but gypsies, primarily, began using them for fortune telling to make money for themselves.

They became very popular in the 1800's by those associated with Theosophy. But Kabbalistic teachings on the concepts that are incorporated in the tarot cards go back before Jesus Christ. Some say that the Torah and Tarot have a relationship. The Torah are the first 5-books in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible, The Talmud is the intellectual interpretation of the Torah, and the Kabbalah is the mystical interpretation of the Torah

There are some Jews who reject the Kabbalah; every religion has their various sects. In the Kabbalah reading the cards for others is not recommended, although they do recommend reading the cards for your self for the purpose of spiritual development. This is contrary to what the gypsies used to do and what most tarot practitioners may do today; they primarily read the cards for others. Tarot, in my opinion, is not for parlor tricks or entertaining others. This is just my opinion based on my orientation to Tarot.

I learned the Tarot as a tool for spiritual development, and I have benefited greatly from using it in that way. It is really not about reading the cards; it is about using the cards to develop your own consciousness. The Rider-Waite deck is the most popular deck in the world, thus there is a lot of psychic energy around that particular deck because it has been widely used frequently.

Its' like being in and empty church and feeling the serene energy there even though no one is there; that energy built up because of the masses who come there and pray, worship, etc. It is the same if a person meditates in the same place in their home frequently that presence will build in that spot, and subconsciously that person will condition themselves to open to meditation when they sit in that place.

So I can ramble on about this for a very long time. If we don't know the history about something, the likelihood is that we are talking about that thing out of context. All religions and spiritual practices, including various types of psychic readings, etc., have a history. I apologize for being long winded.

I was recommended to use them but less "scary" decks like those from Kyle Gray,

How might one use it for self development, SM? Interestingly, I've noticed this about places ('energy') but I didn't know cards would also have an energetic component.