Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 We frorget!

"When you forget who you are, ask your self, "Who am I?" and the mind (ego) will return to it's source (you)." ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

When you have a problem or question, ask your self, "Who has this problem/question?" ... and the answer will be, "Me....I have this problem/question!" and then ask, "Who is this 'I' ... this 'me'?" and it will be seen that it is a personal, egoic 'I'/'me' with the problem/question at which point you might realize that you are NOT a personal egoic self and you will return to the source - the REALITY - at which point the problem or question might disappear.
In almost every instance of a "problem" or "question" , the KEY is to ask: Who that has a problem or question? Who is in: pain, afraid, angry, unhappy, thrilled, excited, bored, sad, depressed, etc.? For "whom" is this: attitude, question, feeling, desire, fear, worry, joy, etc.resolve many issues and
It may be found that any feeling, attitude or question can happen to or for either an egoic, personal 'me' or an impersonal, real me and quite often the "issue" is happening for and to a personal 'me'. The impersonal or real me has little or no problems and NEVER any personal problems whereas the personal, egoic 'me' is ALL ABOUT personal problems and questions.
The "who am I? " key may be the quickest and most direct route out of personal, egoic issues once you REMEMBER that you are the real, impersonal me or self and NOT a small, personal, limited, temporary, separate, egoic, problem laden 'me' - like we have been conditioned to BELIEVE that we are - and nothing else!
When Ramana (and many others) REMEMBERED the Infinite (deathless) Self or Being that IS him, he STOPPED believing in his false, separate, personal, egoic self and began living AS the Real Self which caused a lot of Seekers to come to him for help, hope and guidance. His most significant message was: Remember WHO you are! But, since so many BELIEVED that all they are is a personal, limited, temporary "thing" (self) inside of another "thing" (a body), he had to offer a few more pointers and methods for them to STOP believing that all they are is an embodied ego and begin KNOWING that they are the Infinite Self (or whatever term was or is used to describe the indescribable being).
He knew that most of us, just like him, FORGET our true nature, due to very early conditioning to believe and accept that we are simply vulnerable little "things" or egos, scrambling about for whatever we need or want from birth until death. WE have FORGOTTEN our infinite, divine nature or being and live happy or miserable lives from point A to point Z without ever KNOWING that we are: infinite, eternal, perfect, FREE, peaceful, innocent, unchanging, whole and complete: Life itself and NOT some limited, vulnerable "thing" running about in a wold of other "things".
So, for those who had become weary of running about as a limited, vulnerable "thing", Ramana offered a way to wake up through the very direct, simple question: Who am I? ...Am I a "thing" or REALITY/SOURCE/ALL, etc.?
Could it be that we already are, always were and always will be the REALITY but have only FORGOTTEN this fact??????
Who/what are you?
Did you FORGET?????

Here is an interesting example of how to use the "Who has this problem? key to resolve an issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdsVwiRTvI
You may notice how the Seeker resists accepting that it is the separate self who is hurt but comes to KNOW that Awareness (her real identity) is NOT hurt!
There are many more video examples from Rupert and other teachers/wizards on how to use the "Who am I?" key to REMEMBER who/what you are and quickly resolve many of life's issues.......enjoy.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Deactivated Account
This one may be even more potent for resolving emotional pain and issues by asking Who is hurt? or whatever!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq248KMOh8I
Old 07-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
"When you forget who you are, ask your self, "Who am I?" and the mind (ego) will return to it's source (you)." ~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

When you have a problem or question, ask your self, "Who has this problem/question?" ... and the answer will be, "Me....I have this problem/question!" and then ask, "Who is this 'I' ... this 'me'?" and it will be seen that it is a personal, egoic 'I'/'me' with the problem/question at which point you might realize that you are NOT a personal egoic self and you will return to the source - the REALITY - at which point the problem or question might disappear.
In almost every instance of a "problem" or "question" , the KEY is to ask: Who that has a problem or question? Who is in: pain, afraid, angry, unhappy, thrilled, excited, bored, sad, depressed, etc.? For "whom" is this: attitude, question, feeling, desire, fear, worry, joy, etc.resolve many issues and
It may be found that any feeling, attitude or question can happen to or for either an egoic, personal 'me' or an impersonal, real me and quite often the "issue" is happening for and to a personal 'me'. The impersonal or real me has little or no problems and NEVER any personal problems whereas the personal, egoic 'me' is ALL ABOUT personal problems and questions.
The "who am I? " key may be the quickest and most direct route out of personal, egoic issues once you REMEMBER that you are the real, impersonal me or self and NOT a small, personal, limited, temporary, separate, egoic, problem laden 'me' - like we have been conditioned to BELIEVE that we are - and nothing else!
When Ramana (and many others) REMEMBERED the Infinite (deathless) Self or Being that IS him, he STOPPED believing in his false, separate, personal, egoic self and began living AS the Real Self which caused a lot of Seekers to come to him for help, hope and guidance. His most significant message was: Remember WHO you are! But, since so many BELIEVED that all they are is a personal, limited, temporary "thing" (self) inside of another "thing" (a body), he had to offer a few more pointers and methods for them to STOP believing that all they are is an embodied ego and begin KNOWING that they are the Infinite Self (or whatever term was or is used to describe the indescribable being).
He knew that most of us, just like him, FORGET our true nature, due to very early conditioning to believe and accept that we are simply vulnerable little "things" or egos, scrambling about for whatever we need or want from birth until death. WE have FORGOTTEN our infinite, divine nature or being and live happy or miserable lives from point A to point Z without ever KNOWING that we are: infinite, eternal, perfect, FREE, peaceful, innocent, unchanging, whole and complete: Life itself and NOT some limited, vulnerable "thing" running about in a wold of other "things".
So, for those who had become weary of running about as a limited, vulnerable "thing", Ramana offered a way to wake up through the very direct, simple question: Who am I? ...Am I a "thing" or REALITY/SOURCE/ALL, etc.?
Could it be that we already are, always were and always will be the REALITY but have only FORGOTTEN this fact??????
Who/what are you?
Did you FORGET?????

Here is an interesting example of how to use the "Who has this problem? key to resolve an issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdsVwiRTvI
You may notice how the Seeker resists accepting that it is the separate self who is hurt but comes to KNOW that Awareness (her real identity) is NOT hurt!
There are many more video examples from Rupert and other teachers/wizards on how to use the "Who am I?" key to REMEMBER who/what you are and quickly resolve many of life's issues.......enjoy.

Who is this ' we ' that you speak of Jim ?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat WHOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Who is this ' we ' that you speak of Jim ?
Who is asking, sky?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Who is asking, sky?

That is a question not an answer.... You seem to have a trait of doing this on most of your posts, it's impossible to have a discussion with you Jim,..... never mind.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up

Quote:
That is a question not an answer.... You seem to have a trait of doing this on most of your posts, it's impossible to have a discussion with you Jim,..... never mind.
I don't answer your question and you don't answer my question so it looks like there isn't going to be a "discussion" here but, honestly, did you ever really want to discuss anything in the first place? PM me if you really want to "talk"!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Killing communications

Quote:
That is a critical, blaming, accusing and offensive attack....YOU seem to have a trait of doing this on most of your posts so I'd rather not discuss anything with you, sky,.......never mind.

So what if it's a question? My response ["Who is asking, sky?" ] was POLITE, so why can't you respond POLITELY rather than stoop to an offensive blaming, accusing and critical attack? Why can't you simply answer the question or begin the discussion that you claim to want? Or pose another question? Or simply say, "I don't like that!" or whatever makes more sense than attacking, blaming, criticizing and accusing.
The fastest way to kill any "discussion' is with criticisms, blaming and accusing which seems to be the most common form of controlling behavior at forums. You this and you that is the primary way that most Tyrants control and manipulate their spouses/friends/kids/pets/co-workers and fellow members in a forum. Its' all about CONTROL and POWER - never about discussing anything!
Tyrants and Controllers learn this style of abusive communication at home and go on to use it in all relationships and especially at forums where they honestly believe it WORKS to talk down to and disrespect others with blaming, critical and accusing attacks - just like their parents once did to them and each other. They really do not want to have a discussion - just control over another person (or animal) which is why I generally do not bother with "baiting" questions like: "Who is this 'we ' that you speak of Jim ?" because I believe the Baiter just wants to get into a wrestling match with me and is not at all interested in a "discussion" of anything. I might have said, "Sky, just go back and read the post again" or "Who do you think this "we" is?" or "I don't know" or "Who cares?" or "No comment" or "The "we' is anyone or everyone who has forgotten their True Identity." or just about anything to which this Baiter could have POLITELY replied to rather than with this inexcusable, blaming, accusing attack. This is the perfect way to END a discussion - just disrespectfully attack, blame and accuse your opponent or spouse and hope they will crumble and come crawling to you for FORGIVENESS and acceptance. No thanks, I don't let hostile others blame, accuse and attack me at forums, at work or at home. so......NEVER MIND!
Old 24-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Deactivated Account
We forget that we are infinite being or Universal Consciousness ~ awareness. We chose to forget who/what we really are so that we can enter an apparent universe of forms as a form and have experiences or fun which is not as much fun in a non-physical, formless state where there are no risks, thrills, dangerous, accomplishments, applause or challenges - just safe, infinite life.
The moment we manifest and ego or false self, we are off and running in this dream play of Life and anything can happen in our apparent play. You, Universal Consciousness do not need to remember your true nature at all since there is never any risk or danger in the dream play of being harmed or lost and you can and will wake up from your Universal Dream whenever you want. But why bother to wake up? Why bother to remember anything so long as its just a dream and you are having a blast in it? I suppose that some of you chose to wake up from your eternal dream if and when it's no longer fun or becomes just too scary to continue with it. I have long wanted to wake up from my unhappy and disappointing cosmic dream and look forward to remembering my Universal Consciousness but that's just me. You, Universal Consciousness, are free to do as you like - wake up and remember or dream on........it's your play!
Most folks will go on living just as they are and never even consider remembering anything - least of all who they are beyond what mom and dad said they are My brother and sister have never been interested in their true nature. So what? If they are happy in the play, then play on! I see no need for anyone to wake up and remember Reality so long as they (the ego) are happy with everything. After all, it's just a dream play and quite often a pretty nice one.
Old 24-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Deactivated Account
The other thing about remembering is that, once you remember who/what you are, as Universal Consciousness or That, it kind of ruins life for your ego and that's where most folks get stuck since living in and as the ego is what most folk's lives revolve around. Even those who cherish their kids (other egos) are still living as egos enchanted with or by other egos or selves but SO WHAT? Why bother to remember your true nature and spoil everything? I wouldn't! I don't have kids or a riveting career for my ego to dote on so I am somewhat inclined to scare or enrage my ego by remembering my true nature as that which is NOT an ego or separate self or self-entity. I just am. My ego resents that bitterly but I am not my ego, fortunately.
No, I would not mess with remembering anything about this so-called Universal Consciousness stuff and ruin everything for my ego and it's thrilling, important life in the dream play of existence (I got that line from awareness!). I'd just go on having a ball, lifetime after lifetime in an infinite dream play and to hell with this waking up garbage and remembering non-sense. So long as my ego is having fun, why bother? It's just a dream play anyway! I'll see you in my dreams.

Last edited by jimrich : 24-02-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 24-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
We forget that.....
Whatever you are forgetting, people should not forget that you are just voicing your personal individual view even when you are saying 'we'