Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-06-2015, 06:09 AM
John Malkovich

Meaning of repeated readings in tarot

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on this forum and I am kindly asking your help to understand a certain “static” situation with tarot as I am not a reader myself.
I have been visiting a very experienced and gifted tarot reader for six years now. She has always given me precise insights in the past and present, as well as accurate predictions for the future related to career and love. There have also been some issues she could not see (or would not tell), such as a secret love affair of my then girlfriend, but then she explained to me that tarot did not consider it important for the whole picture.
Then, a year and a half ago, I received a reading and a prediction from the same reader on the questions of career and of love to a specific person and nothing has moved in either field since. After seven months, I went back for a checkup, asked the same questions, and the same identical cards showed up. Again, no progress for another seven months. I went for a reading again and for the third consecutive time the same cards showed up (I remember them very well). So, in the time span of almost two years, I received three identical readings and predictions but nothing has come true yet - on the contrary, both my career and love life with that specific person have been on complete halt.
Please help me to understand this situation and what is the meaning of this. Does this mean that the prediction is accurate but will take time to come? I should also mention one curious fact: the predictions about love events resemble to what has already happened with that person in the past. Is it possible that, even though the querent asks a specific and precise question about the future, the tarot nevertheless brings out the past sequence of events (although I cannot make any sense of the past events as being relevant anymore)?
After seven months since the last visit to the reader, I am now hesitant to get a new reading again before I understand the meaning of this situation.
Thank you in advance for all your advice.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Master
A watched pot never boils.
Old 24-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Master
Future readings are basically mathematical probabilities based on your most likely interactions/reactions and choices. You of course always maintain Free Will and Choice and can freely change the outcome by engaging differently than normal or not engaging as usual.

So it could be as Awakened Queen said, 'the watched pot never boils', meaning you are expecting these things to 'just happen' and are waiting for them, but not doing what you would 'normally' do which would sort of 'oil the wheels turning'. Like not taking on that extra project at work that leads to a raise or promotion or not saying Hello to that pretty lady who smiles at you on the subway which leds to a conversation and a 'let's have a coffee' invite.

So check your interactions and reactions, are you just sort of poised waiting for something to happen and keeping your eyes open so you know it when it comes or are you moving freely and engaging life and opportunity fully? Can you interact more, be more assertive - make your 'good luck'?
Old 05-07-2015, 08:44 PM
John Malkovich

Thank you for your inputs. I actually lead a very proactive life. I take and embrace new things, people and professional opportunities. So I do go forward, rather than just sit passively and wait for things and persons to come my way. On one of the last readings, I asked the question what can I change, what should I do and, contrarily, what I should not, in order to advance, but the answer was to keep my current course, which is what I do. Is it the matter of time, then?
Thank you all again.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Knower

Basically, what AQ said :-) I am guilty of multiple readings - I think they show self doubt which sends negative or doubtful vibes to the Universe ... therefore hindering your progress.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Experiencer

A few different opinions of mine. One is what has been mentioned above.. You might be just waiting for it to happen so you expect it to fall on your lap but tou have to make a move first!! Then it will fall into place!! Or the 2nd option could be you just have to wait. My friend has had tarot readings and every time it says he will be rich or have lotsa money. He was jobless for so long up until recently and he did everything in his power to get an income in the very least let alone rich and he just had his career fall into his lap recently and he had those readings years ago. So it could be either way for you! Good luck!
Old 26-07-2015, 06:22 PM
John Malkovich

Thank you again for your opinions. As far as I can conclude, there are no deferring actions or passivity on my behalf that could hinder any potential progress. Besides, a question "what am I doing wrong or what should I change to attain the prediction" returned the answer to pursue the present course and attitude.
Having in mind your answers, is it reasonable to exclude the possibility of wrong prediction (although I don't se how could they have come up identical several times, if wrong)? Also, I once heard another tarot reader telling me "you are not allowed to know this answer". Does this category exist in tarot, whatsoever?
Thank you all again.
Old 27-07-2015, 01:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Future readings are basically mathematical probabilities based on your most likely interactions/reactions and choices. You of course always maintain Free Will and Choice and can freely change the outcome by engaging differently than normal or not engaging as usual.

So it could be as Awakened Queen said, 'the watched pot never boils', meaning you are expecting these things to 'just happen' and are waiting for them, but not doing what you would 'normally' do which would sort of 'oil the wheels turning'. Like not taking on that extra project at work that leads to a raise or promotion or not saying Hello to that pretty lady who smiles at you on the subway which leds to a conversation and a 'let's have a coffee' invite.

So check your interactions and reactions, are you just sort of poised waiting for something to happen and keeping your eyes open so you know it when it comes or are you moving freely and engaging life and opportunity fully? Can you interact more, be more assertive - make your 'good luck'?

This! Quoted for truth :)

Quote:
On one of the last readings, I asked the question what can I change, what should I do and, contrarily, what I should not, in order to advance, but the answer was to keep my current course, which is what I do. Is it the matter of time, then?
Ouch. Had I not read this, this would have been one of my questions. My next suggestion would be to ask 'why hasn't it happened yet' or 'what can I do to improve the current situation'.

I guess the other thing would be to enquire as to the historical 'range' of the reader - though Tarot is generally a shorter-term thing (within two years, although my readings tend to be more of a 'next few months') some readers go waaaaay beyond.

Oh! Speaking of going way beyond. You might want to go to a reputable palm reader - they can't give you as many specifics but they might be able to give you an insight as to what year something might happen, on the off-chance your original tarot reader was looking years into the future.