Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2007, 11:14 PM
GaiaPrayer

Lightbulb On the Nature of Reality

You

Last edited by GaiaPrayer : 16-04-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 15-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Maranda

GaiaPrayer,

Most of what you just described is taken as reality, like you said. And the other stuff out there that you think we are unaware of.... I don't think we are. I think we know more than we are aware of, sense more too. It's true what you said about thinking of your shoe on your foot and you no longer hear the birds. I used to live near a railway station. When I first moved there I thought it was a big mistake. I thought I would never get to sleep because of the noise of the trains. But two to three months in and I never heard the trains. They were still there and they were still noisy but I didn't need to hear them anymore - I knew they were there. It was like I had filed the information and that was that, time to get on with other things. I don't think you need to be too concerned about the things you don't seem to notice because I think we do, all the time. We just don't need them right up and in our faces anymore. I think if we are calm and relaxed, and aware and open to new experiences.... We won't miss much. And if we do, we can always catch it next time around.
Old 16-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Roo

GaiaPrayer- Funny you should bring up this subject. I read this article yesterday: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...r=emailarticle

One of the world's greatest violinists played in Washington DC, in L'Enfant Plaza during morning rush hour...just an experiment to see what would happen. Only a handful of people even seemed to notice!

It's not so much that we're blind...not because our senses are limited...but it's how we use them (or choose not to). Most of us are too mired in personal concerns to pay attention to what's Real around us. Personally, I think we're unaware of a lot. We go through life ignoring 99% of Reality...in favor of our own little worlds, where we can pretend to have control over what happens, and what's real. IMO, the Truth is that there's so much more to Reality than what we allow ourselves to see, that most of us miss so much that return trips are required!
Old 16-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Some really clearly written perspectives here, thanks for writing them. It's good to be reminded that there is so much more beyond what we consider and base our "reality" to be.
Old 16-04-2007, 12:00 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

LOL.. Maybe when we can get the 10% we are aware of right, then we can start looking at the rest of it...

Be well...
Closed Thread