Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2007, 02:19 PM
~Jay~

Yes, I especially liked this bit:

If the balance of your being is lost and one identifies too strongly with the IQ it can become a blockage to spiritual growth, the ego will use it to create difficulties. If however the IQ is balanced with humility and love, if the ego is controlled by meditation and spiritual practices then a very powerful spiritual warrior is created.

Lovely stuff!
Old 21-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Dariel

Hi all,

Interesting thread.
I have not been thinking about this too much, as the fact is the higher the logical thinking level is, the more difficult it is on spiritual path as it has to be turned off and let things go without analyzing.

But I think there is some kind of intelligence related to spiritual growth, which is divine intelligence. It is something which is one's use when able to connect to the spirit and let it work through a person. However I am not able to speak from experience as I have not been thinking or monitoring this. But if you think about some hightly evolved spiritual person, they seem to be intelligent as well, which I think is coming through higher sources.

If we think about the ET races which have developed in love, they also have techonogy higher than we have, which have to mean they do have higher IQ to make these things. But on the other hand thinking about humans here on planet earth, with too high IQ we would have killed ourselves and blown this planet up while making more effective weapons. So I guess high intelligence requires certain level of concsiousness to be able to handle the responsibility and to use if for love actions.

This was something just popping into mind, not saying I am right, just thought flow :)

Love and light
Dariel
Old 22-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariel
This was something just popping into mind, not saying I am right, just thought flow :)

Legendary thought flow at that!
Good work Dariel! Very clever information! If it is ok to say so!
Love and light,
AM
Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Light House

Hey there. Just want to tag in a few clarifications about IQ, because I think people might be confusing it with intelligence.

IQs (intelligence quotients) are theoretically supposed to measure intelligence, but they're not a perfect measure. And they only really measures how well you take intelligence tests.

Psychologists debate quite a bit about whether or not this type of testing is valid. There are dozens of types of IQ tests and intelligence tests and other ways to quantify how smart someone is, but nobody (within psychology) agrees about how this should be approached.

Most IQ tests (notably the the Stamford-Binet if I recall correctly) calculate your IQ by comparing your answers to other people's answers. If have an IQ of 100, it means you scored perfectly average. A High IQ only means that you scored higher than the other people of your age who took the test that year.

Certainly there are types of intelligence which are not and could not be measured by tests. I just get worried when people refer to IQ like it's a real thing you can point to in someone's brain. Intelligence is just a construct - an idea which is made up of a lot of smaller things.

Light House
Closed Thread