Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Atlantis

Thought vs. Feeling
I remember one time i was standing with a friend on a hill, viewing a beautifull scenery. He said, wow isnt this beautifull, omg what a lovely site. I looked at him, gave him a smile and was just quiet. "Dont you find it beautifull", he asked me. I returned that i feel one with it. "How do you mean, one?" he asked. I didnt really know, how to explain him that, so i just stayed quiet. :)
The point of this story was the diffrence betwen his viewing and mine, he looked at it with his eyes and had a positive thought about it, he probably also fellt positive about it. I on the other hand, didnt really think about how beautifull it is. I just standed there and enjoyed like i could understand every bit of it, fellt the connection with the universe, pintpointed myself in this vast galaxy.
Thinking positive is not enough to feel positive, i think that we are mixing the
normal feeling, with the feeling of "connection". Everything is connected betwen itself and when you connect yourself in this "_____", than you experience the true feeling and everything is unfolded to you. The feeling of being one with everything. And form that point you can start manifestating, via the law of attraction.
The thing is not as simple as they tell it. I had a feeling like i was watching a commercial. :) Just think about the car and you will get it, right.
From the other point of view, who seeks will find, means that if you want that car so badly, it will get in your subconscnesios (hard word) and you will operate on that level of thinking. But that is another story.

regards,

Atlantis

Old 15-05-2007, 05:58 PM
pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica
Good Day,
I just watched The secret yesterday for the first time....I found it to be so true....Think about it with fulll responsibilities.....i mean you are what you think.....Great Movie!!!!!! When we were young, we were always told Set your mind to it! Or Mind your thoughts-how true!!!!!
lots of love
Angelica
I watched it last month on the 19th..guess I heard about it several months before and thought about getting it. Then it fell into my hands and cost me 'nothing. LOL... True everybody can read it. But everybody is not going to understand it. So many people are negative and only operate in a negative state of mind. Since watching this movie, I have noticed how many negative people there are. I am working on being positive. I have come a long way since the 19th of last month. Everybody does not desire to have the same thing. Of course we all like to have nice things. In 2 or 3 months down the road, I will report all the good things that have come to me. Right now, I have such awesome feelings just from being positive.
Old 16-05-2007, 03:33 AM
angelicious

That's awesome Pebble, truly awesome. Blissful positivity is a magnificent state to be in.
Old 16-05-2007, 01:29 PM
angelica

Pebble,
you know i was thinking the same thing,you said after watching the secret, you noticed how many negative people there are....lately , i don't know a light bulb went off in my head or something...i know i live in lala land,so i have been told..but as many postives there are negatives....and i surely have been noticing the negs alittle bit more...dunno......
lots of love
angelica
Old 17-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Enlightener

I have received the same feelings also. I wonder if it is something to do with mass consciousness?

Enlighenrereseszdsaaasder
Old 17-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Moonflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I have received the same feelings also. I wonder if it is something to do with mass consciousness?

Love your new avatar Enlightener .

Moonflower
Old 18-05-2007, 01:31 AM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener

I'm of the notion it's to do with awareness, so yeah, I reckon it's got something to do with consciousness too. Traits and characteristics of everything and everyone we experience from moment to moment is brought to our heightened awareness. It's a great thing as it shows you're awake, alert, alive imo.

They mentioned on The Secret that at first it will appear as if it's hard to use the secret and that it gets easier the more you do. I reckon this is what they possibly meant by it seeming hard at first because of the heightened awareness of negativity and positivity. The choice is there though and I guess it's understandable it takes practice to be only focused on the good things in life until it's a part of everyday life.

I've always been of the understanding that positive and negative feelings or situations arise for a reason and the reason is that they want to either be accepted and owned as what has been attracted or released and let go of to make room for what is being attracted to you right now. Have any thoughts or other concepts?

Last edited by angelicious : 18-05-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 18-05-2007, 05:52 AM
rose

I just watched it. I thought it was a well known thing. Buddhism, The Journey of the Peaceful warrior best seller etc etc and been talking about the law of attraction for years.

I figured it out as something simple. When i am down I deter people, when I am peaceful I attract people like a magnet and it's not always a good thing. When I am angry I attract people to be angry at. Considering I have spent the last 5 years not getting angry much this has been very fun for me. Angry people are just funny. Getting angry at small things has been fun after years of philosophising about it all. Like going for a long run after years of passive sitting.

I am caught in a trap though. A few years ago I worked out that things go in opposites for me. When I am sure that I will pass an exam etc I fail. When I think I am going to fail I pass. Now my brain has saved this on it's hard drive. Maybe it's because I am irish. Who knows.

Oh and some more opinions about the movie. Great idea. I like what they are doing by helping people new to it all have a basic understanding about the power of intent and other laws of the universe....(whether or not I believe it) but why does it have to be soooooooo cheesy?! Why do some people have to make everything so dramatic? it just cheapens a beautiful, simple thing. IMO.

Last edited by rose : 18-05-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Old 18-05-2007, 06:42 AM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose
Oh and some more opinions about the movie. Great idea. I like what they are doing by helping people new to it all have a basic understanding about the power of intent and other laws of the universe....(whether or not I believe it) but why does it have to be soooooooo cheesy?! Why do some people have to make everything so dramatic? it just cheapens a beautiful, simple thing. IMO.
Lol, yeah, I see what you mean. To be honest though, I love movies & being entertained. I found The Secrets tackiness to be the best part, lol. I've never seen a movie before that delivered a documentary type program in such an entertaining way, imo. It puts a smile on my face thinking about it. And that metaphysician dude....hilarious!!!
Old 18-05-2007, 02:27 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
So before I go on with this, any volunteers? Can anyone tell me what is the fuel that ignites the manifesting potential of thought? What catalyst is needed to transform thought into manifestation?
Any takers?
Chadley

...intrinsic intent
Closed Thread