Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 21-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Master

World of Wonder

Every day the sun rises and sets, tides ebb and flow. All these things happen wheter or not we notice them, but when we take time to notice them, we are filled with wonder.
Even to think that every snowdrop is different. Billions and billions of snowdrops that fall, every single one wonderful, looking so much alike and yet no two are the same
- Sister Stanislaus Kennedy (From 'Gardening the Soul')

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Master
Beautiful. I used to always encourage a dear friend of mine to slow down and notice what was under his feet. Too many people are cooped up or race around on a daily basis with work and other things and they do not stop to smell the roses as they say.

I love where I live because I can see the sun rising over the lake each morning. Each sunrise is unique and awesome. The windy days with the whitecaps is amazing, the tranquil days where the lake looks like glass, I can't take my eyes off it. The beautiful strokes of color washing over the skies and mirroring off the water just as the fall colors of trees; it's breathtaking. I cry every year at the first snow, and I love how it falls quietly over the land. the peaceful serenity and silence of it all. I even admire the snow storms and the wind that howls while I am tucked away warmly in my house in front of the fireplace. But it's also delightful as well to stand in the mist of a storm and take in every sensation of it. A 20 minute drive from my house takes me to gorgeous waterfalls and trails I run. I think that's why I love photography so much because I take in the things that people would generally not notice and show them what wonderful art can be found in the simpliest of things of nature, and that they are more intricate than first glance.
Old 28-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I know so well doing st.glass for the Holidays...try coming up
With new ideas for each snowflake!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2012, 01:54 PM
amy green

Sarian - lovely post

Miss Hepburn - I was just thinking that about snowflakes. I checked out wikipedia and, apparently, every snowflake is almost unique - that is still pretty awesome to me!
Old 28-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Master
I love looking at the sunrises and the sunsets daily even if it's just a moment's worth. Even little creatures, trees, and plants are worth looking at. It was snowing today and as the snowflakes hit our coats, my son asks me if I knew that each individual snowflake is shaped differently. I see life so differently and marvelously through my children's eyes.
Old 28-11-2012, 04:23 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I love looking at the sunrises and the sunsets daily even if it's just a moment's worth. Even little creatures, trees, and plants are worth looking at. It was snowing today and as the snowflakes hit our coats, my son asks me if I knew that each individual snowflake is shaped differently. I see life so differently and marvelously through my children's eyes.
Yes seeing through a child's perception is fresh and deconditions the mind. For example, a puddle is commonly seen as something to be avoided when walking but, to a child, becomes a delight to jump into! I still get pleasure from blowing bubbles and love bright colours (you're supposed to tone things down - clothes-wise at least - as you get older!).
Old 24-01-2013, 09:13 PM
MrKappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Every day the sun rises and sets, tides ebb and flow. All these things happen wheter or not we notice them, but when we take time to notice them, we are filled with wonder.
Even to think that every snowdrop is different. Billions and billions of snowdrops that fall, every single one wonderful, looking so much alike and yet no two are the same
- Sister Stanislaus Kennedy (From 'Gardening the Soul')

Reminds me of shadow and light. Before attempting to draw and photograph, shadows fell into the background as unremarkable blurs, and light nothing more than brightness. Now I see them more well defined. Appreciation is good for the senses, perhaps?
Old 24-01-2013, 10:11 PM
amy green

Sometimes when I'm gardening, I get so engrossed with the task at hand that I overlook the "bigger picture" i.e. drinking in my surrounding, picturesque view. It's when I slow right down and just sit, observing that I renew my love of nature again; quickly becoming immersed in its deeply mysterious beauty. It's like being shown a sacred richness that is both available and beyond the limits of my perception.

Here is something that constantly both baffles and amazes me. There are so many times that I see a vast, wonderful sunset - streaked with vibrant colours and see not one person looking up ahead at the sky directly above them! So busy to get to their various destinations; had they glanced at the sky but not really seen it or not even noticed it in the first place?

It reminds me of this famous poem -

Leisure (W. H. Davies)

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this is if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Master

Stand still and breathe ... lovely thread.

I love that poem amy green thank you. I know I race through life and need to stop and just gaze on the wonder that there is.
Old 20-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Deactivated Account
So much truth and evocation of beauty in the words of each poster here. You all gave me a brilliant image in my mind or a new planted thought to appreciate the day. On the topic of sunsets and taking in nature, last summer I had a moment watching a sunrise where it was so lovely it was hard to believe it was real. I felt like I was staring at a painting whose colours were slowly bleeding into each other and dancing together :) what a way to start the day!