Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzmacker
...what is taught as "fact" or "truth" in the beginning stages of spiritual development is really only a stepping stone to deeper truths or ultimate truth.

This is my truth.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Facts are facts though they may be incomplete.....

The truth is what is true but similarly may show only part of the overall picture.

What's sometimes called 'personal truth' simply means an individual's personal perspective or understanding of a much bigger picture.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Self in this case means higher self / cosmic self / universal self . If u read the context completely 'merge with The Self, as opposed to my-self' it will be clear.

I know what it means to me in the context of "higher self"/"cosmic self"/"universal self"/"expanded consciousness"/etc. , but am still curious how you understand "merge with the Self" to mean.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:46 PM
Master

Merge with Cosmic self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I know what it means to me in the context of "higher self"/"cosmic self"/"universal self"/"expanded consciousness"/etc. , but am still curious how you understand "merge with the Self" to mean.

Merge with cosmic self is merging spiritually with cosmic self . It means change of identity (ego) and not loss of identity (ego) in thoughts ,speeches and actions . It's a evolutionary process and not that one flash moment comes and one becomes merged completely . Accordingly all religions categorize it as such merging as sainthood , sage , monk , master ,rishi ,noble soul and God itself in various stages of it.

According to Gita minimum 3 births are required to accomplish such merging . Of course the process varies from person to person depending on sincerity & intensity of seeker.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't understand.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:40 PM
Master

merging with Cosmic self

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I don't understand.

Physically every one merges with cosmic self (body being disposed in earth elements at the time of death) and continues journey onwards depending on the spiritual evolution.

Here the merging with Cosmic self is like making oneself synonymous with Cosmic self (in thoughts , speeches and actions ) . This is very difficult and very few in the history of humanity may have done it. It is evolutionary (read as steady,consistent and continuous ) spiritual journey . Changes happens bit by bit and person does not know. There is no flash moment when one just becomes suddenly enlightened / merged with God. Depending on the spirituality levels and intensity there could be categories in such merged entities like , good human ,noble person , saint/sage/monk/zen master/guru/ messenger /son / God Himself . I am still at the level of good human. So I may not have elaborate idea on all further stages .

Merging with self is important in Hinduism than eliminating /killing self . Because when u merge yourself u still remain in altered form and psychologically very fulfilling &positive as against killing /eliminating self / ego .

Hope this makes sense.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Physically every one merges with cosmic self (body being disposed in earth elements at the time of death) and continues journey onwards depending on the spiritual evolution.

Here the merging with Cosmic self is like making oneself synonymous with Cosmic self (in thoughts , speeches and actions ) . This is very difficult and very few in the history of humanity may have done it. It is evolutionary (read as steady,consistent and continuous ) spiritual journey . Changes happens bit by bit and person does not know. There is no flash moment when one just becomes suddenly enlightened / merged with God. Depending on the spirituality levels and intensity there could be categories in such merged entities like , good human ,noble person , saint/sage/monk/zen master/guru/ messenger /son / God Himself . I am still at the level of good human. So I may not have elaborate idea on all further stages .

Merging with self is important in Hinduism than eliminating /killing self . Because when u merge yourself u still remain in altered form and psychologically very fulfilling &positive as against killing /eliminating self / ego .

Hope this makes sense.

I follow what you've said above but don't understand this from your previous posting "According to Gita minimum 3 births are required to accomplish such merging . "

minimum 3 births????
Old 04-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Here the merging with Cosmic self is like making oneself synonymous with Cosmic self (in thoughts , speeches and actions ) . This is very difficult and very few in the history of humanity may have done it.

Hope this makes sense.

How do the last two bolded points obtain after what you've said in the first (bolded) statement? Where is "Here..." at the beginning of the second paragraph?
Old 04-09-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

3 births

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I follow what you've said above but don't understand this from your previous posting "According to Gita minimum 3 births are required to accomplish such merging . "

minimum 3 births????
I will take an example .

These 3 births are like becoming like Jesus Christ in your life . Certainly now many Christians too may say 3 births too may be short for reaching the status of Jesus OR they never want to reach that stage at all . People can not leave single penny and shedding blood and life for others is altogether different matter.

The merging with Cosmic self is like becoming like Jesus Christ. It's not an easy process. So we may be better off with our re-incarnational cycles .
Old 04-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I will take an example .

These 3 births are like becoming like Jesus Christ in your life . Certainly now many Christians too may say 3 births too may be short for reaching the status of Jesus OR they never want to reach that stage at all . People can not leave single penny and shedding blood and life for others is altogether different matter.

The merging with Cosmic self is like becoming like Jesus Christ. It's not an easy process. So we may be better off with our re-incarnational cycles .

Do you mean three incarnations when you talk about three births? I have to say I'm finding it very hard to follow your meaning.