Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 09-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Im very sceptical of Sylvia Browne, wasn't she outed as a complete fraud??

Yes, even by her husband, l believe, and getting things wrong as well.
lf MH is referring to her, that is..
Old 09-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Suspended

A Course In Spiritual Philosophy by Amanda Valiant, which you can download for free if you Google it.

Definitely a life changing book for me.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj

I haven't read the whole book but just reading any words from the book will rock your world, I don't think you can truly be the same again.
It's one of those books that you can't un-read, those words leave a lasting impression on you, because it really exposes you for who you truly are.
It is difficult for me to accept the truth in those pages, but the seeds were already planted the minute I read from it.
No matter how much I struggle with myself to accept the truth, I feel like I am being drawn toward it at the same time.
The words from this book will keep eating at me and one day I will be compelled to surrender to them, it is inevitable.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Master
Freedom Is: Liberating Your Boundless Potential By Brandon Bays

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 12-10-2015, 11:10 PM
CAGURL

Conversations with God Trilogy and everything else he's written. Those books resonate deeply with me. - Neale Donald Walsch

Animal Farm George Orwell

The Hobbit and LOTR Trilogy -J. R. R. Tolkien

Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley

Pillar or Iron - Taylor Caldwell
Old 30-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Experiencer

Just read "Autobiography Of A Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda and I love how he was able to link the religions together, as well as link science with religion. People of all faiths should read it.
Old 18-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Newbie ;)

I would also recommend Neale Walsch's trilogy - Conversations with God :) It has opened my eyes about the "good" and the "bad" things we do in your everyday life. Give it a try!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon charms
I would love to hear about the book or books, that really made such a change, that literally changed your life, or lifestyle, or beliefs for the better.
Anything about: Advaita, Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta, Papaji, Balsekar, John Wheeler, Tony Parsons, Mooji and Rupert Spira.
I could list about a dozen more but anything dealing with finding the Self or Enlightenment is my choice.
:)
Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Im very sceptical of Sylvia Browne, wasn't she outed as a complete fraud??

The teacher comes along when a student is ready. Not everyone was ready for Sylvia. She was the first psychic to break thru to the mainstream of society, or should that be break into? Before Sylvia, it was not ok to be psychic, unless you were already dead LOL.

So she got a lot of haters. The Christians really tried to crusify her in the press. She didn't care - and that's all that counts. She forged the way for a new breed of spirituality, and made it ok for the rest of us to not be religious, but just be spiritual.

At least, that is the lesson I learned from her. Take what you want and leave the rest, and you can't care what anyone else thinks about you if you want to live your authentic self.

Her husbands BTW: the first was physically and mentally abusive and the 2nd one managed their finances and took off with most of them. She writes about all of that and doesn't let herself off the hook either - it does take two in any relationship.

She said it like she meant it and moved on, and she was not 100% accurate and would explain to people why that was. There is no psychic was is 100% accurate, or they would already be dead and living on the Other Side LOL.

I think, with Sylvia, you either reasonate with her writings or you don't, but that is true with any book. And she never tried to convert anyone. You either liked her and what she had to say or you didn't. That's ok.

But she paved the way for a lot of things that we now take for granted as normal. And she had a beautiful soul and the greatest laugh and a very kooky funny sense of humor.

For me, she gave me a bridge between not being Catholic anymore and not having anything to believe in. I found my faith again, through Sylvia. She believed in Jesus, and I found that I did too, I had just forgotten!

So thank you, Sylvia Browne.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Pathfinder
Journey of Souls by Michael Newton PHD

I read it and the descriptions of the other side resonated so much with me. I already have a yearning inside for a home I cannot remember, so to read this book and feel like it was the truth and reaffirmed so much I already felt.

I would dearly love to go and have a past regression session myself.