Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2006, 09:43 PM
lumas

violetmay in my opinion you always get a better result when you are in a circle because more power is generated and there is more protection in numbers therefore you will experience much more activity/communication but if they were treating you as you say then it wouldnt work for you if there is bad feeling amongst sitters i suppose the simple answer is to find a different circle or better still join a closed one.. if you read some of my threads you will see that i sit in what is known as a working circle and have done for quite a few years now if you need any help in circle matters please dont hesitate to ask... good luck with your development
Old 30-09-2006, 05:35 AM
bluespirit

I am not part of a circle,just ambling along living my life,when I started to get these small things happening to me! I have had no training or very little advice on how to proceed except for you good people on here.
I do know how to ground myself and make sure I do that every night before I go to sleep.
Otherwise,I think if you have it and the gift is there,it will automatically show itself.
(just my small opinion!)
Old 30-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
Lapis in answer to your question these circles are normally held in spiritual churches (open circles or) or privately (closed circle) and as far as i know they are world wide not just in the uk. And yes communication takes place with occupents of the spirit realm but they are far from dead imho...

Thanks for clearing that up for me lumas.
Old 30-09-2006, 10:15 PM
BLAIR2BE

sure, one can develope on one's own. i believe it's all already been posted here...

be informed, be careful, learn some basic techniques...

one's path is personal and collective (to a lesser extent, i believe). that being so, i believe choosing one way or another will only change the "pace" or the "trail" of the path, but the "destination" shall remain the same.
i would in no way knock groups, circles, or whatever one chooses to call it. there is power in this method. i have, on accasion, experienced this. for me, i choose to develop on my own. for this, i learn courage, inner stregth, self sufficence. im sure there are aspects to learn within a circle as well that perhaps i need, perhaps not. for me, the "singular" path of development is how i will achieve personal awareness. this personal awareness is all that i "seek".

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 01-10-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
~Jay~

I most certainly have experienced greater energies whilst meditating in the development circle I've been attending since March, and spirit even told me to "use the energies of the circle" a couple of weeks ago, whilst I was visualising the Earth surrounded in light. That's not to say I haven't had fantastic results from my meditations at home, because I have, but I love being with the group and getting confirmation on things I've seen as well as little messages from others. It's been an invaluable experience, as it's helped me to believe in what I've been doing, and how it all works, and dicussing it all with like-minded people is the best!

Unfortunately my own circle is experiencing difficulties now. The two mediums who run it have parted company, and as one of them is a friend, I feel a bit awkward. There's been alot of politics behind the scenes that I've only just been made aware of, and I now feel the need to distance myself from the other medium and his partner, who are continuing to run things, for various reasons. So it seems I'll be relying on myself from now until after Christmas, when my friend will be starting up her own circle again. I feel very saddend by it, but obviously it's all happening for a reason, so I'm going with the flow (and my instincts) on this one.

My husband laughs and says aren't "you spiritual people" meant to be all love and light instead of falling out and backstabbing eachother? LOL! I certainly see his point on this one....part of me wishes I could find a totally different circle so I could distance myself from the fall-out completely, but I have got to know such lovely people through my friend, and I know the majority of them will be attending her new circle in the new year, so I don't really want to do that.

Last edited by ~Jay~ : 09-10-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Ascended Master

Hi everyone
I'm not in a circle either.
Have been developing on my own for several months.
I did partner a medium before then, but felt there were incorrect agendas going on and ended up 'stranded', through choice?
That's probably why this forum is so important to me now.
Especially having met so many great people, especially lately, who share the same feelings about this way of life.
I did sit in circle early in the year (for an evening), but felt that some of the energies weren't right there - for me.
Plus, we were all cramped on sofas etc, so it was hard to know what you were getting and why!
Very much need my space! lol
Jaycee, bless you. I can completely relate to what you are saying above.
A friend of mine who has been sitting in a circle for many months now has also just had to break away from her circle.
I think in her case, she outgrew the circumstances - as she's very talented and showed great abilities from day 1 - but also, the medium had decided not to operate it any more as it wasn't financially viable.
The day I invite people to sit in circle then hold my hand out for payment, is the day I chop said hands off and glue them to my forehead!
Love and light to all those who find theirselves developing alone.
And my heart goes out to those who feel lonely and isolated in this respect.
Hopefully this site is the channel and inspiration you need to grow stronger for doing so.
Love and light,
AM
Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Ascended Master

Hi everyone
I'm not in a circle either.
Have been developing on my own for several months.
I did partner a medium before then, but felt there were incorrect agendas going on and ended up 'stranded', through choice?
That's probably why this forum is so important to me now.
Especially having met so many great people, especially lately, who share the same feelings about this way of life.
I did sit in circle early in the year (for an evening), but felt that some of the energies weren't right there - for me.
Plus, we were all cramped on sofas etc, so it was hard to know what you were getting and why!
Very much need my space! lol
Jaycee, bless you. I can completely relate to what you are saying above.
A friend of mine who has been sitting in a circle for many months now has also just had to break away from her circle.
I think in her case, she outgrew the circumstances - as she's very talented and showed great abilities from day 1 - but also, the medium had decided not to operate it any more as it wasn't financially viable.
The day I invite people to sit in circle then hold my hand out for payment, is the day I chop said hands off and glue them to my forehead!
Love and light to all those who find theirselves developing alone.
And my heart goes out to those who feel lonely and isolated in this respect.
Hopefully this site is the channel and inspiration you need to grow stronger for doing so.
Love and light,
AM
Old 09-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by biyu_wolf_77
well i wasnt lucky enough ta get to be in a circle so yea ive really just let everythin happen to me so yea you could say its been my dooing but if you also wanna say theyve revealed my gifts at times where knowin it was good helped fer the most part ive been on my own with my gifts not cause there insanely different but cause ive never really known anyone till now

Well done that lady!
Inspirational attitude!
Love and light
AM
Old 09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
I don't sit in a circle because, having moved house, I haven't found a new Spiritualist Church I feel comfortable in, and also because I often have to work in the evenings so can't make a regular commitment to a circle, so I guess I'm left to develop on my own...

... But... I'm aware of lots of horror stories about people dabbling in spirit without really knowing what they're doing and bringing down negative energies on themselves, so I'm a bit wary of calling out too much to Spirit. I ask for protection whenever I do try to communicate, but I have no idea if I'm doing things properly. This is beginning to worry and frustrate me: I want to develop but am lacking direction and confidence

Love and Light,
Jeremy

I know what you mean Jeremy good Sir, and I've had exactly the same issues.
What I've found lately, is to spill energy out from my heart.
To let it flow and to feel it welling up.
You may need to take a deep breath, or yawn at this point! But when you ask with that energy in your heart. There is nothing that could go wrong.
They will definitely hear you because your intent is as potent as a skunks bottom!

Maybe we should start a teaching room. So if any of us wants to be taught, that's where we go for guidance?
Then we can all have a go at playing teacher, to develop alongside other teachers?!
I'm finding it's a nightmare to stay focussed on different threads because you dont know when somebody replies to your posts. Then you forget where you've posted and it takes ages to find the responses to ones you forgot about ages ago?!
Not a good platform for teaching people!
So maybe we should have a room especially for it.

Love and light,

AM
Old 09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Could someone please explain what you mean by "sitting in a circle"? I'm guessing by the sounds of so many of you talking about doing this, that you're mostly in the UK? I say this because I don't have a clue about what exactly you folks are talking about. Is it a meditation group? Is it a group that attempts to contact the dead? And what is a "development circle"? It sounds like many of these "circles" are done in your churches? I'm really confused about all of this. Thanks for any help clarifying all this.

Hi Lapis...

Sitting in a circle literally means you sit (in a circle) with a group of others, all meditate together, and then bounce around and see who gets what. To give messages to each other, to help each other, and to grow as a group.
That's the principle anyway.

I like the idea of prayer circles however? To get together in order to put your energies (and will powers) together for a specific cause?

Love and light to you...

AM
Closed Thread