Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 22-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Master
I'm left handed too, but I think that my brain works a little bit left sided too but mainly right sided, I'm a cancer sun and rising so I'm very in tune to the moon.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Master
Fish Ida nadis - channel of the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
You know Uma, I have always wondered about which side of my brain is supposedly in charge. I am left handed, which should make me right brained. Right? But I am artistic, have premonitions, have strong intuitions, am spiritual minded; so wouldn't that make me left brained? I get soooooooo confused!
I am very connected to the moon and her phases. I don't know a lot about astronomy or astrology , but I know that the moon does affect many things. Any hints that you could give me on this would be appreciated.
Our skies were very clear that night; crystal clear in fact. As I said I did not see the blood red moon, but the moon was awesome as I drove home after work. It looked so clear and very close. It was a more mystical sight than the eclipse was.

Hi Summerland,

I'm going to have to share a bit of subtle energy anatomy knowledge to explain what I know from Yogic Science...sort of "in a nutshell"...

Yes you're correct, the physical right hemisphere of the brain does control the physical left side of the body, which is more about creative thinking and left-handedness.

What neurology doesn't know about is that we also have a subtle/invisible energy system inside the physical body. This diagram gives you an idea:

The subtle energy system links to the physical nervous system but the "left" & "right" is affected by the energy channels (in Sanskrit "nadis") not the left and right hemispheres of the physical brain. (BTW these can be accessed through the power of intention, breath control "pranayama" - especially ujai breath - and reflexology too - just have someone massage your big toes and you'll feel it in the head.)

Thus you have three central channels: Ida (left), Sushumna (central) and Pingala (right). The ida and pingala are the lunar (Chandra) and solar (Suryia) channels (nadis) respectively. If you give attention to the air quality in your nostrils, you'll notice that the left nostril brings cool air whilest the right nostril brings warm air. So they have different qualities. Air is full of not only oxygen but also prana (chi/qi) which is Sanskrit for subtle energy. Prana is in everything and it's that which gives us energy... "God give us this day our dailey bread," - that's prana, sustenance.

When you felt energy on the left side, you were feeling subtle energy along the Ida nadis, the lunar side - which does have to do with intuition, artisitic sensitivity and more inward focus. And it fits inside the spine on the left side, so you would feel it on the left side of your body. The energy body of the soul fits inside the physical body like a hand fitting inside a glove.

Here is the caduceus, a symbolic representation of the three main subtle energy channels in balance (which represents health - hence its use to symbolize medicine). The Ida and Pingala converge at the brow chakra which is the subtle energy centre of the mind - also associated with the moon.

In Vedic astrology, the moon is called Chandra. Mind is a tool of Consciousness (Spirit). Spiritual energy flows through the mind, which controls the physical parts. This is how we feel things in our body that first flow through the mind. The moon, with its gravitational forces affecting the tides and menstrual flows, also affects our physical body since we are over 70% water. The moon is also a living being with a subtle energy presence, and it has a subtle energy effect on our subtle energy system. So what we get is a double-whammy effect on full moon days - influencing the physical body and the energy body at the same time.

The brow chakra is also the centre of the ego and intellect. That's why the word "luna" for moon is in the word "lunacy." It pulls everything up, it magnifies everything that is in the mind and emotions - way out of proportion.

I hope this isn't too confusing... This is who we are - beings of light.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi Summerland,

I'm going to have to share a bit of subtle energy anatomy knowledge to explain what I know from Yogic Science...sort of "in a nutshell"...

Yes you're correct, the physical right hemisphere of the brain does control the physical left side of the body, which is more about creative thinking and left-handedness.

What neurology doesn't know about is that we also have a subtle/invisible energy system inside the physical body. This diagram gives you an idea:

The subtle energy system links to the physical nervous system but the "left" & "right" is affected by the energy channels (in Sanskrit "nadis") not the left and right hemispheres of the physical brain. (BTW these can be accessed through the power of intention, breath control "pranayama" - especially ujai breath - and reflexology too - just have someone massage your big toes and you'll feel it in the head.)

Thus you have three central channels: Ida (left), Sushumna (central) and Pingala (right). The ida and pingala are the lunar (Chandra) and solar (Suryia) channels (nadis) respectively. If you give attention to the air quality in your nostrils, you'll notice that the left nostril brings cool air whilest the right nostril brings warm air. So they have different qualities. Air is full of not only oxygen but also prana (chi/qi) which is Sanskrit for subtle energy. Prana is in everything and it's that which gives us energy... "God give us this day our dailey bread," - that's prana, sustenance.

When you felt energy on the left side, you were feeling subtle energy along the Ida nadis, the lunar side - which does have to do with intuition, artisitic sensitivity and more inward focus. And it fits inside the spine on the left side, so you would feel it on the left side of your body. The energy body of the soul fits inside the physical body like a hand fitting inside a glove.

Here is the caduceus, a symbolic representation of the three main subtle energy channels in balance (which represents health - hence its use to symbolize medicine). The Ida and Pingala converge at the brow chakra which is the subtle energy centre of the mind - also associated with the moon.

In Vedic astrology, the moon is called Chandra. Mind is a tool of Consciousness (Spirit). Spiritual energy flows through the mind, which controls the physical parts. This is how we feel things in our body that first flow through the mind. The moon, with its gravitational forces affecting the tides and menstrual flows, also affects our physical body since we are over 70% water. The moon is also a living being with a subtle energy presence, and it has a subtle energy effect on our subtle energy system. So what we get is a double-whammy effect on full moon days - influencing the physical body and the energy body at the same time.

The brow chakra is also the centre of the ego and intellect. That's why the word "luna" for moon is in the word "lunacy." It pulls everything up, it magnifies everything that is in the mind and emotions - way out of proportion.

I hope this isn't too confusing... This is who we are - beings of light.

A bit confusing, but after a few reads I will get it. I am familar with reflexology, so understand how that works. Now out of curiousity, what would it have meant if it had been my right side.? My brow chakra was all tingly also. It was odd that the staff on the kids units were almost euphoric and that the staff on both adult units were totally stressed. ( of course THEY were getting all the admissions)
I do understand the subtle bodies. the breathing (part of Reiki training) My only excuse is that I forgot, Uma. Too much different things to remember! Thank you for the reminder of how much is slipping away as I don't use the Reiki very much anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever relearn everything that I already "know"~~~~
Old 23-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Master
Wow that's really cool.
Spiritlite.
Old 23-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Master
Hi Summerland,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
A bit confusing, but after a few reads I will get it. I am familar with reflexology, so understand how that works. Now out of curiousity, what would it have meant if it had been my right side.?

Suryia nadis has to do with heat, so it's the one we want "switched on and flowing with energy" when eating so we can digest our food. The idea for health and wellness is to have the channels in balance, not to have one side predominating. Too much heat and we become aggressive, hot tempered etc...

Quote:
My brow chakra was all tingly also.

Well as I said, that's the seat of the mind.

Quote:
It was odd that the staff on the kids units were almost euphoric and that the staff on both adult units were totally stressed. ( of course THEY were getting all the admissions)

I'm not sure... Kids though don't have so much ego as adults, so there's less of a barrier to spiritual energies there. The "stress" comes from ego's resistence to things coming up from our energy body that challenges what our intellect tells us must be truth.

BTW there are some people in psychiatric wards who shouldn't be - they're just having Kundalini experiences but have no one who can interpret the experiences for them.

Quote:
I do understand the subtle bodies. the breathing (part of Reiki training) My only excuse is that I forgot, Uma. Too much different things to remember! Thank you for the reminder of how much is slipping away as I don't use the Reiki very much anymore. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever relearn everything that I already "know"~~~~

Oh oh nothing to cry about. All I can say about this is what I know from personal experience. The more you experience your true self, which is not the physical body, the more all this yogic knowledge becomes natural, second nature and part of your (extra-)ordinary experience... You are already very sensitive to it so I would say don't fight it, but go with it, go deeper into the experience and see what you see. And if you can use ujai breath to move the energy the way you want it to move and also bring in reiki energy then, between your two selves - individual soul and collective Spirit, you will know all that you need to know. And if you don't, a teacher will appear who can fill in the gaps.
Old 23-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Summerland

Uma, that is so true that everybody under psychiatric care and in mental health units do not belong there. They see shadows, hear voices, have deceased relatives advise them, etc. Or they may be seeing angels or ghosts. It is okay to believe in God, but you better not see the angels or hear them talking to you. And you can believe in saints, but not fairies, since fairies are only magical thinking, but saints who have the power to heal or find missing jewelry are real. Go figure!
Old 23-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Master
Interesting conversation.
Spiritlite.
Old 16-03-2011, 07:29 AM
7he4uthor

another sign i watched was the sign of 1slamb
Venus in the mouth of the cresent moon March 1st 2011
@ 5am

1 wondered what the islamist revolution might think in Egypt/Lybia
looking up at this sign

it also appeared the night of 9-11
@ 3am pacific northwest america sept 12th 2001
that time with jupiter in the mouth of the cresent moon.

then i calculated it ocuured again over week ago with jupiter
but jupe wasnt very bright, not spectacular like 2001 with a brilliant jupiter in the mouth of the moon ...
nor did I actually see it but calcualted the event as I saw the prelude aligning

1ve seen it twice in my life but it is NOT a common event.
Old 18-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Guide
I'll get the tinfoil hats... lol.