Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 25-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Greybeard

Origin of the Universe

13,700,000,000 years ago there was absolutely Nothing. Then Nothing blew up, and created Space and Time, Matter and Light.

The original infinitely tiny point of pure amorphous unstructured Energy burst and created Everything. There were no primeval forces and no laws governing them. But in an instant gravity came into being, and the destiny of the Universe was decided. Interestingly, if the force of gravity is too low, everything flies apart too fast and galaxies can't form; if gravity is too strong, everything ends up in black holes. The Big Bang got gravity just right and here we are looking at our universe.

Energy alone led to the creation of matter in the first fraction of a second following the initial explosion. First Nothing, out of Nothing energy, out of energy matter. And anti-matter... Matter and anti-matter, when they meet, destroy each other and revert to energy. But for some reason, in the early universe there were one billion and one particles of matter for every billion particles of anti-matter. The one survived, while the billion perished. All of the matter in our present universe is composed of these lone survivors. This gargantuan battle between matter and anti-matter was fought and won in the first second after the initial explosion.

By the time 3 minutes had passed, the nuclei of atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium had formed. The levels of energy and heat were still too great, however, for electrons to bond to the nuclei. Therefore, light could not move across the universe, and it had the appearance of a glowing milky cloud. After 380,000 years the universe had cooled sufficiently for electrons to bond with nuclei and atoms were formed. The universe became transparent. Satellite observatories have obtained "heat-maps" of the universe at this stage in its development. Now, vast clouds of hydrogen and helium swirl through space.

Two hundred million years later, the first stars began to form out of these clouds. One billion years after the Big Bang, the first galaxies began to take form. Nine billion years later, our own Sun and its system of planets coalesces out of a spinning cloud of gas and dust; the Earth is formed.

Things which have a beginning must also have an end. No one knows how the universe will end; whether in a great contraction and a repeat of the Big Bang, or just a slow dissipation and dying out. Although the future is not yet known, the brief history presented here is now established fact. It is the story of how we came to be.
Old 25-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Master
I don't know if that is the way it actually happened, but it certainly makes more sense than the bible story of creation lol.
Old 25-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Guide
How much sense does it make for something to come from nothing? I think its more likely that a different universe blew up and that made this one. Then you may ask, where did that one come from? Probably another universe too. I dont think there ever was "nothing" or that such a thing could possibly exist.

I think its more like "In the beginning there was everything, and then the illusion of nothing came to pass, and there was absence" lol
Old 25-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
How much sense does it make for something to come from nothing? I think its more likely that a different universe blew up and that made this one. Then you may ask, where did that one come from? Probably another universe too. I dont think there ever was "nothing" or that such a thing could possibly exist.

I think its more like "In the beginning there was everything, and then the illusion of nothing came to pass, and there was absence" lol
I'm no scientist but intuitively I feel the same way.
Old 25-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Greybeard

0=+1-1......the equation is mathematically correct, valid. Something can and does come from nothing. The universe is composed of Yin and Yang....the positive and the negative, masculine and feminine, matter and anti-matter.....Duality proceeds out of nothingness and produces the manifest universe.

You are here in a spiritual forum, I assume because things of a spiritual nature interest you. Please put your finger on Spirit. You cannot for one simple reason: it is Nothingness. As a matter of fact, don't the Buddhists say that our journey is toward "Nothingness," that nothingness is our destination?
Old 25-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Greybeard

If you have a theoretical physicist living next door to you, ask him. If not, you might enjoy reading Brian Greene's "The Elegant Universe."
Old 25-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
0=+1-1......the equation is mathematically correct, valid. Something can and does come from nothing. The universe is composed of Yin and Yang....the positive and the negative, masculine and feminine, matter and anti-matter.....
The Cosmos doesn't know anything about or theories of what should be and what shouldn't be, Yin an Yang, are just pointers, meaning nothing in them self, it will always be a mystery, a beautiful mystery.
Old 25-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin

Funny the beginning is edge and not the centre ay?
Old 25-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Greybeard

There is a thing called "the point of origin," and then there is a thing called "the cutting edge." They are not the same, In astrology the point of origin is the Sun, while the cutting edge is Mars. These are two symbols that describe the difference between them.
Old 25-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Greybeard

To expand on this, we might say that one is essential while the other is ephemeral.