Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Poppies

Music to cry to.....

Does music make you cry? Or bring a tear to your eye? Or bring a lump to your throat?

What type of music does this for you? Are there specific pieces that do this for you?

Does it happen because of a memory associated with it... or just because of the beauty or sadness of the piece of music...?

Whilst classical music in particular does this for me, I'm not restricting this thread to classical music... I was just intrigued to explore how different people are moved by music.....
Old 27-01-2006, 06:14 PM
jadedmelody

Absoloutely. There's a beautiful piece from the score of a film called Spirited Away called "The Sixth Station" which literally makes me weep sometimes simply because it is so beautiful and moving. Its mostly just a piano, and its hauntingly beautiful. I dont listen to huge amounts of classical music, but i listen to a lot of scores from films because i find them to be very emotional and sometimes very moving.

As for Popular music, "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson makes me cry. I dunno why, i think maybe it strikes a chord in me but im not sure entirely where it comes from but there's a lot of pain in it. Depending on how emotional i am loads of songs make me cry.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Poppies

:) I know what you mean about songs, Jaded Melody... there are songs that I associate with various stages of my girls growing up that shoot me straight back into nostalgia-land.....
Old 30-01-2006, 10:41 PM
auricman

one song that seems to make me cry or near to it is "Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken" it just makes me go all sad :S
i doubt anyone else will have heard it since seether are a very heavy band.

Auricman
Old 30-01-2006, 10:47 PM
auricman

one song that seems to make me cry or near to it is "Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken" it just makes me go all sad :S
i doubt anyone else will have heard it since seether are a very heavy band.

Auricman
Old 30-01-2006, 11:04 PM
DirtyMagicalAly

I've heard that song auricman....and yes, it makes me feel upset also....

the one song that will make me cry most of the time (but not so much anymore) is Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne because it relates so closely to how I felt when my Grandfathers passed away a while ago. It still brings tears to my eyes, but only if Im feeling particularly emotional does it make me cry anymore....

A lot of other songs invoke (sp?) strong feelings in me....but they're are too many to list....
Old 30-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Poppies

There's an absolutely **** song that I can't listen to because it was playing on the radio all the time when I was driving to hospital to sit with my mother-in-law when she was dying..... I adored her... and she adored me - I was the 'daughter' she never had....

The "Shepherd's Song" from Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony was something I used to sing to my girls when they were babies.... it always seemed to soothe them, and it also worked with all the children I minded when they were babies.... (I'm a childminder!) Sometimes I sing it to myself in my head when I can't sleep......

My two used to call it the "Daddy Song" because I used to sing dah-dah-dah-dee-dah..... etc etc :oops:

What about classical music? How does that get people (I'm not banning discussion of songs... I just wondered about classical music too....)....
Old 31-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Space_Man

Henryk Gorecki
Old 01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Poppies

[quote=Space_Man]Henryk Gorecki
Old 21-02-2006, 10:52 AM
ross

the piece of music that has the most effect on me is Addagio for strings by Samuel Barber, sometimes it reduces me to tears, sometimes it is so uplifting I feel like I could do anything. I also love Eva Cassidy's version of fields of gold.
Closed Thread