Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes there has been a resonance with All is One resulting in the end of the search that is not dependant on whatever state I may from time to time be in. Oneness is the only reality so all states are Oneness manifest. So nothing needs to change and suffering continues depending on circumstances but there is no longer the additional suffering of feeling disconnected from Oneness whilst suffering:). How are things going for you?
Good for you. I'm fine, thanks, been working through various emotional wounds and traumas for a few years now but I feel like I'm at least over the worst of it.
Old 25-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Master
Expectations

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS AS A DUPLICATE OF THE ONE BELOW.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 25-07-2020 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 25-07-2020, 06:00 PM
Master
Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
No doubt seekers vary in their expectation of what the end of the spiritual search may be like for them, or who may feel that this has already been achieved, or know of some descriptions by others, perhaps Guru's. It would be interesting to hear some of those descriptions.

Hi Iamit,

This portion of the reference, below, entitled "The Death Transition", "woke me up", to consider what may actually be "un"-expected...being already awake!!
Reference: https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#transition

When you are dreaming, the dream seems to be "totally REAL!". Yet when you wake up, you realize that it was "only a dream".

Right NOW, you are actually in Spirit. You are not in any physical dimension. You have never left Spirit.
Right NOW, you are in Spirit - dreaming that you are having this physical incarnation.
Right NOW, this dream of having a physical incarnation seems "totally REAL!".

Yet, when you go through the "death" transition, you WAKE UP from this dream, and "remember" that you are actually Spirit.
And you realize, that this entire physical incarnation experience was "only a dream".

...which eternally continues in an "either / oar" explanation of why this is reel and not reel, so to speak.

See? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIrPFWQw0s (the "oar" reference is my little pun)

"Oar" if you prefer, here's Yogananda Paramhansa's description of the eternal dream in this description of his meeting with his resurrected guru, Sri Yukteswar, from the book Autobiography of a Yogi:

"Angelic guru," I said, "your body looks exactly as it did when last I wept over it in the Puri ashram."

"O yes, my new body is a perfect copy of the old one. I materialize or dematerialize this form any time at will, much more frequently than I did while on earth. By quick dematerialization, I now travel instantly by light express from planet to planet or, indeed, from astral to causal or to physical cosmos." My divine guru smiled. "Though you move about so fast these days, I had no difficulty in finding you at Bombay!"

"O Master, I was grieving so deeply about your death!"

"Ah, wherein did I die? Isn't there some contradiction?" Sri Yukteswar's eyes were twinkling with love and amusement.

"You were only dreaming on earth; on that earth you saw my dream-body," he went on. "Later you buried that dream-image. Now my finer fleshly body-which you behold and are even now embracing rather closely!-is resurrected on another finer dream-planet of God. Someday that finer dream-body and finer dream-planet will pass away; they too are not forever. All dream-bubbles must eventually burst at a final wakeful touch. Differentiate, my son Yogananda, between dreams and Reality!"

Reference; https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...ogi/Chapter_43

Got your popcorn ready to star in another movie (incarnation)?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 25-07-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: clarify inputs
Old 25-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi Iamit,

This portion of the reference, below, entitled "The Death Transition", "woke me up", to consider what may actually be "un"-expected...being already awake!!
Reference: https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#transition

When you are dreaming, the dream seems to be "totally REAL!". Yet when you wake up, you realize that it was "only a dream".

Right NOW, you are actually in Spirit. You are not in any physical dimension. You have never left Spirit.
Right NOW, you are in Spirit - dreaming that you are having this physical incarnation.
Right NOW, this dream of having a physical incarnation seems "totally REAL!".

Yet, when you go through the "death" transition, you WAKE UP from this dream, and "remember" that you are actually Spirit.
And you realize, that this entire physical incarnation experience was "only a dream".

...which eternally continues in an "either / oar" explanation of why this is reel and not reel, so to speak.

See? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIrPFWQw0s (the "oar" reference is my little pun)

"Oar" if you prefer, here's Yogananda Paramhansa's description of the eternal dream in this description of his meeting with his resurrected guru, Sri Yukteswar, from the book Autobiography of a Yogi:

"Angelic guru," I said, "your body looks exactly as it did when last I wept over it in the Puri ashram."

"O yes, my new body is a perfect copy of the old one. I materialize or dematerialize this form any time at will, much more frequently than I did while on earth. By quick dematerialization, I now travel instantly by light express from planet to planet or, indeed, from astral to causal or to physical cosmos." My divine guru smiled. "Though you move about so fast these days, I had no difficulty in finding you at Bombay!"

"O Master, I was grieving so deeply about your death!"

"Ah, wherein did I die? Isn't there some contradiction?" Sri Yukteswar's eyes were twinkling with love and amusement.

"You were only dreaming on earth; on that earth you saw my dream-body," he went on. "Later you buried that dream-image. Now my finer fleshly body-which you behold and are even now embracing rather closely!-is resurrected on another finer dream-planet of God. Someday that finer dream-body and finer dream-planet will pass away; they too are not forever. All dream-bubbles must eventually burst at a final wakeful touch. Differentiate, my son Yogananda, between dreams and Reality!"

Reference; https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...ogi/Chapter_43

Understood. Thanks for the reply.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Good for you. I'm fine, thanks, been working through various emotional wounds and traumas for a few years now but I feel like I'm at least over the worst of it.

Good to hear that. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
philosophically, I have to ask the question, if I postulate an end, what happens after that? It seems like the common answer is to just die. So it seems like that is what the end of any spiritual search must be: death.

I agree with your philosophical thoughts, I think when we no longer have any expectations on what it should be and what it should not be, and just go with the flow is when there will be this so called Awakening. We are like a river that we have through accumulation of so many ideas and beliefs, blocked the flow of our river, by letting go of all these accumulated beliefs and expectations, the river will automatically flow once more. Life after this blockage is released will become natural, nothing really changes, life goes on as usual, but now we walk above the waters and no longer are we thrusting below the waters trying to survive.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:54 AM
Master

Quote:

"You were only dreaming on earth; on that earth you saw my dream-body," he went on. "Later you buried that dream-image. Now my finer fleshly body-which you behold and are even now embracing rather closely!-is resurrected on another finer dream-planet of God. Someday that finer dream-body and finer dream-planet will pass away; they too are not forever. All dream-bubbles must eventually burst at a final wakeful touch. Differentiate, my son Yogananda,between dreams and Reality!"

Perfect!

Old 06-08-2020, 06:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
"Whatever Dreams May Come" by Robin Williams, not only is it easier to understand it says it far better than the gurus in your post did. Sorry.
Old 21-08-2020, 12:20 AM
Master
Greenslade,

It is good to hear from you.

I loved that book, Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda, and I thoroughly enjoyed that movie "Whatever Dreams May Come" starring Robin Williams. Alas, one person's guru is another person's excellent actor.

Borrowing from the Bard, Heraclitus, and Bill Watersson references, below, “All Creation's a stage; and God plays all the parts, only once...unrehearsed" Guthrio

....even the critic!! (whether starring in books or movies, or incarnated as Greenslade in Spiritual Forums).

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpap...ll-the-men.jpg

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/566...-obviously-the

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo...989.Heraclitus

Last edited by guthrio : 21-08-2020 at 09:08 AM. Reason: clarify input
Old 21-08-2020, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Perfect!

Unseeking Seeker,

....I am thankful to have been gifted with the Perfect! expressions in your Uni-"verses".