Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Good way to look at it. The Q then become 'bondage' ('slavery') to what, to being to ? To being 'driven' or 'dominated' by what?

Self-(ego)-interest I would say.

In the myth, Lucifer (a/k/a Satan) just couldn't stand being subordinate, i.e. not being 'Number One'.

He responded to the 'failure' of his 'rebellion' in said regard by becoming 'vengeful' and willfully aiming to desecrate Life. This is the kind of 'evil' I think Jyotir/Aurobindo spoke of.

P.S. IMO, self is actually a necessary (and potentially beneficial) tool/means for serving the 'cause' (meaning purpose) of Life which (I think) is to maximally experience and express Love and Joy in relationship to and with others (who in combination constitute Life's Being-n-Doing).

It is when 'self' rebelliously runs rampant (goes 'crazy' and puts its 'own' Love and Joy 'ahead' of that of co-related others) that Life ends up being dis-severed and de-secrated.

For all the 'damage' it does, 'evil' is a short-sighted and ultimately pathetic 'rebellion', however. As the myth accurately (IMO) portrays, in terms of 'its' goals', it is 'doomed' to eventually 'fail'. (What's more, it also inadvertently ends up serving Life' purpose, as it 'wakes up' those who are positively relational at heart to what not to 'fall' for!)

Bondage is the same whether we are in bondage or we place someone else in bondage. Notwithstanding people who are a danger to themselves or others, in my opinion, need to be locked up in either a mental health or correctional facility.

I visited inmates on death row at a prison and they seemed mentally and emotionally freer than some people who were living freely in society. I have spoken to military veterans who had been P.O.W.’s and some of them told me that while their body was imprisoned their mind was free.

So bondage as I see it is more mental and emotional than it is physical. Bondage is and illusion because it is illusive, it comes and goes. While freedom is a natural state of our soul, and everlasting state.

As far as Satan is concerned, if there be such and entity that entity was created by God. I know the story that he was once and angel who disobeyed God. But in my opinion he still works for God. As God has dominion over all, including heaven and hell, to use Christian references. In this respect what we call “evil” most likely serves a Godly purpose.

As I see it, the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. It’s like pictures that used to have a negative. The picture was a positive representation while the negative was devoid of appearances. But today most still pictures are digital without negatives. Yes, I would agree, we place ourselves in bondage, especially if we are referring to internal bondage.
Old 19-09-2019, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
As far as Satan is concerned, if there be such and entity that entity was created by God. I know the story that he was once and angel who disobeyed God. But in my opinion he still works for God. As God has dominion over all, including heaven and hell, to use Christian references. In this respect what we call “evil” most likely serves a Godly purpose.
Good points that for some odd reason, most Christians can not grasp.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Master

I associate evil with intense desires in the form of cravings and aversions, which are responsible for all crimes like murder, rape, theft, paedophilia, brutality and minor vices like gluttony, dishonesty, arrogance, partiality, jealousy and so on.

Evil can also be associated with negativity, emotivity and reactivity....

I have created a thread in this regard elaborating this....

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=63983

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 19-09-2019, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
I associate evil with intense desires in the form of cravings and aversions, which are responsible for all crimes like murder, rape, theft, paedophilia, brutality and minor vices like gluttony, dishonesty, arrogance, partiality, jealousy and so on.

Evil can also be associated with negativity, emotivity and reactivity....

I have created a thread in this regard elaborating this....

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=63983
I see your points.
But then those who do evil, are they doing the evil or are they being over shadowed by someone who does the evil?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Master
For better or worst we are all possessed.
Old 20-09-2019, 04:02 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
In this respect what we call “evil” most likely serves a Godly purpose.

As I see it, the darkness is nothing more than the shadow of the light. It’s like pictures that used to have a negative. The picture was a positive representation while the negative was devoid of appearances. But today most still pictures are digital without negatives. Yes, I would agree, we place ourselves in bondage, especially if we are referring to internal bondage.

Untrue. God does not ask that children be raped or hurt. Yes God is with everyone but it doesn’t mean everyone is with God.

Bless.
Old 20-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I see your points.
But then those who do evil, are they doing the evil or are they being over shadowed by someone who does the evil?

Some people say the Devil or Satan or Shaitan made them commit the crime or do evil, but I would say it is just an excuse. You create and attract whatever is there within you.

This is why it is said that the greatest Jihad is the Jihad against one's own self, or impurities within oneself.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris state the same thus, "When we change, the world changes."

By getting rid of the vices and lower state of consciousness within oneself and by creating a higher state of consciousness through meditation, love and virtuous conduct, we can effect a positive change on the world and its collective state of consciousness.

Individual transformation only can bring about world transformation. Thus all depends on individual responsibility.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 20-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Untrue. God does not ask that children be raped or hurt. Yes God is with everyone but it doesn’t mean everyone is with God.

Bless.

I respect that you see it as "untrue," but what I am referring to is internal and what you are referring to
is external human behavior. Internal feelings take us over and manifest in all sorts of ways, depending
on our maturity or immaturity.

All the emotions in existence have been put there by God to serve the purpose of our own growth and
development. What we do with those emotions, thoughts and feelings, is a product of our own ego.
Again, we may be in bondage to certain feelings and impose those feelings on others.

What we see in this world, whether we call it "good" or "evil" comes from within us. We are responsible
for our outward behavior, and I feel life is about lessons, and I don't know what the lessons are for others,
barely are aware of my own lessons. The lessons may look harsh on the surface but the impetus for those
lessons came from within.

Nonetheless, I do accept that we are often tested. You are talking about the victims of others failed tests.
Every circumstance of my life is about God dealing with my soul. We are all victims and we are all perpetrators;
for example most people in the U.S., and elsewhere, have purchased things that were produced by slave
labor, etc. Regardless I try to have compassion for others without judgement.

P.S. Personal disclosure: I know what it is like to be raped as a child and I worked as a social worker with
children who had been sexually abused. When something happens to us we often ask "why." I worked with
kids right here in the U.S. who were the victims of generational sexual abuse. Great grandparents had sex
with their kids, and their kids had sex with their kids, and on and on.
Old 21-09-2019, 02:51 AM
janielee

Thank you Starman. I feel great sadness sometimes, at the world, but also spend most of my time doing nothing, or not enough, about it.
Old 21-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thank you Starman. I feel great sadness sometimes, at the world, but also spend most of my time doing nothing, or not enough, about it.

In my opinion the best thing we can do for this world is bring joy and love into it. For me, quieting my mind helps in doing that. Happiness is and inside job. I also try not to compare my life with the life of others, although volunteer work with those in abject need has often helped me to appreciate my situation. We do not have to do much, little things add up, like just smiling at someone or offering them good tidings.

I was in and office building walking down the hallway when I saw a small child alone by himself, on his toes trying to get a drink from a public water fountain. I went over and asked him if he needed help getting a drink, he shook his head yes, and I lifted him in my arms and pressed the button so he could get a drink. He gulped down the water, and then I placed him back on his feet on the floor.

Noticing that a woman with a child in her arms was standing a few feet away smiling and looking at us. Turns out the woman was his mother, and the child said "thank you" to me in a sweet child-like voice and ran over to her. I went on my way, but that simple act made my day, and I remember it with joy even to this day. Each person has to find what works for them, and sometimes the search seems long.

Find out what you have a passion for and try to go with that. Depression is the most widespread mental disturbance in the world. Most people have acute depression, some have episodic depression, while others have chronic depression. Not watching a lot of T.V. helps me stay away from depression. Trying to inspire others, and spreading love and laughter, without expectations, I think is the best medicine.