Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
More time wasting. We are done. Last post to you. Farewell.

But according to you "it is always Oneness doing all by and to itself, whilst manifesting as the appearance of that illusion of separation."

So how can time be wasted? Who are the we that are done? Is this last post not itself just another illusion? Who is saying farewell to whom?

Or perhaps we can intellectualise all we want about non-duality but when challenged we revert back to old patterns of duality. So all our intellectual ideas have no practical substance in our everyday lives.

Peace
Old 08-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But according to you "it is always Oneness doing all by and to itself, whilst manifesting as the appearance of that illusion of separation."

So how can time be wasted? Who are the we that are done? Is this last post not itself just another illusion? Who is saying farewell to whom?

Or perhaps we can intellectualise all we want about non-duality but when challenged we revert back to old patterns of duality. So all our intellectual ideas have no practical substance in our everyday lives.

Peace

If you have read the initial post then you already have the answers to your questions but I suspect this is nothing to do with that. I'll leave you to repeat that stuff if you want. No further response is required from me. Waste your time if you like;
Old 08-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Read the initial post.

I did. The quote from you which I gave came from the initial post.

Of course, I may have misunderstood your initial post. You express your ideas in a convoluted manner, but that is the nature of the intellect. It complicates that which is very simple.

Quote:
Neo Advaita makes these points to offer a solution to the search, ...

But according to your reasoning there is no search so there is no solution needed.

Quote:
...there is no such thing as enlightenmnt for separate persons, because there are no separate persons, only Oneness masquerading as such.

If you really believe this then I have to wonder why you spend so much time trying to share your thoughts with these non-existent separate persons.

Peace
Old 09-08-2020, 09:34 PM
janielee

Quote:
You may not know that there is a point of view that has no problem whatsoever with mind. Mind looks in memory for solutions to problems and if none are found searches externally for data. It would not be surprising that, if it is mind that conducts the spiritual search, that mind also has the c apacity to resonate with solutions found to end the search. Not a popular view in tradionally conditioned spiritual circles.

Yes, in this scenario, mind looks for the solution and puts on a cloak that says "I don't exist anymore".

It's like going to a circus and seeing the magician tell everyone the lovely lady has disappeared. It's a mirage and trick, and no-one is happier than said mind, who uses this false rationality to tell themselves that they "made it".

They made it to the same place, the Greats and Awakened Ones of the past did - only for this cloak mind, they don't have to do anything - they only have to fool themselves.

And that would be ok - but of course for the cloaked ego, insecurity is at its core - it's made of nothing else but the same shadows it once sought to escape.

So such a mind will always need to preach - and to tell the (non-existent) others that it is real.

Its insecurity casts the Ancients and the truer traditions as "fake" (think the "fake news" or "Alternative truth" tactics)

Furthermore, it mis-uses the Ancients, quoting here and there but always out of context, always without the Truth that you see in the real religions - the Advaita-Vedanta, Buddhist, Mystic, Sufi religions.

Tony Parsons etc. are people out to make a buck, and I sympathize with those who are drawn into this mirage, but at the same time, I don't believe that they are for one minute happy- because these types of parlor tricks are superficial, rudimentary, unsophisticated, and only cause suffering for oneself and others, when all is said and done.

JL
Old 10-08-2020, 01:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Yes, in this scenario, mind looks for the solution and puts on a cloak that says "I don't exist anymore".

It's like going to a circus and seeing the magician tell everyone the lovely lady has disappeared. It's a mirage and trick, and no-one is happier than said mind, who uses this false rationality to tell themselves that they "made it".

They made it to the same place, the Greats and Awakened Ones of the past did - only for this cloak mind, they don't have to do anything - they only have to fool themselves.

And that would be ok - but of course for the cloaked ego, insecurity is at its core - it's made of nothing else but the same shadows it once sought to escape.

So such a mind will always need to preach - and to tell the (non-existent) others that it is real.

Its insecurity casts the Ancients and the truer traditions as "fake" (think the "fake news" or "Alternative truth" tactics)

Furthermore, it mis-uses the Ancients, quoting here and there but always out of context, always without the Truth that you see in the real religions - the Advaita-Vedanta, Buddhist, Mystic, Sufi religions.

Tony Parsons etc. are people out to make a buck, and I sympathize with those who are drawn into this mirage, but at the same time, I don't believe that they are for one minute happy- because these types of parlor tricks are superficial, rudimentary, unsophisticated, and only cause suffering for oneself and others, when all is said and done.

JL

If you have swallowed the propoanda against mind (Even though it is only Oneness minding:) then of course you must try to eliminate it. Not an easy task cause as you say it is a tricky monkey and may be hiding behind your enlightenment, sunning itself in a deckchair with a big fat cigar whilst making you forget that it is still running the show:)

Better to make peace with it and let it chatter away doing its thing, like a fast computer working on your problems. But different approaches suit different characters so good luck with what suits you.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:59 AM
janielee

Propaganada against mind? lol

No, dear Sir, your fervency shows the desperate cling to an imagined truth that is based on lies; to do so it needs to condemn genuine spiritual paths given at heart it knows it is a shadow (and yet needing to quote Sri Niz - out of context - to boost itself such is its shamelessness), but like you say, that's ok, everyone is on their own path, and at the end of the day, all is well.

Namaste,

JL
Old 11-08-2020, 03:15 AM
Knower
Quote:
Intellectual comprehension is a trap FWIW

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise." - William Blake

We find traps because we fall into them and eventually we realize we have stepped or fallen into a trap. Knowing we are in a trap we can climb out but only when we realize it, otherwise we have found the truth. So the purpose of my comment isn't to disagree with you but rather to add that even traps are serving us on our journey to understanding that which cannot be understood.
Old 11-08-2020, 04:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Propaganada against mind? lol

No, dear Sir, your fervency shows the desperate cling to an imagined truth that is based on lies; to do so it needs to condemn genuine spiritual paths given at heart it knows it is a shadow (and yet needing to quote Sri Niz - out of context - to boost itself such is its shamelessness), but like you say, that's ok, everyone is on their own path, and at the end of the day, all is well.

Namaste,

JL

We speak as though there are separate individuals but from a nondual perspective it is Oneness talking to itsellf in a game called the dream/illusion of separation:) Even though all arises within the dream, if it is seen through, which we are being invited to do, then each of us is the other dreaming difference where there is none:)

Niz has said that it can occur slowly through practise or fast by trust, and that either is appropriate depending on the character of the seeker.

Last edited by Iamit : 11-08-2020 at 05:25 AM.