Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-12-2021, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'd consider that that a misgiving,

No problem Gem, we all find our own way in the end......
Old 23-12-2021, 04:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I don't understand what you mean about the ringing of the phone?
I'm fairly sure what Miss H is saying is regardless what's swirling around outside or inside our head, there's always a deep inner stillness that's not touched by any of it and is always accessible.
Old 23-12-2021, 06:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I like my technique...concentrate the mind on that which never ends..I guess that's 1 out of 112!
Hi Miss H.

Regarding the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, you may find this section relevant:

12. Closing the seven openings of the head with your hands, a space between your eyes becomes all-inclusive.

13. Touching eyeballs as a feather, lightness between them opens into heart and there permeates the cosmos.

14. Bathe in the center of sound, as in the continuous sound of a waterfall. Or by putting the fingers in the ears, hear the sound of sounds.

Although there do seem to be other versions which do not include the above.

Peace
Old 23-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Master
QUOTE 1050 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Lets say hypothetically I was ABSORBED. Nice. Everything good. Until I wake up and... the back pain. Nothing has been resolved.

Let's expand on that point as I have a young Viennese friend, Jakob, who was diagnosed with the incurable degenerative neurological disease Ataxia. He was told by doctors that his particular condition would result in him shortly losing the ability to walk (wheel-chair bound prognosis) and even to talk. He was in obvious physical discomfort. This was five (5) years ago when I first met him.

However, he became ABSORBED in positive thinking, meditation, visualizations, and holistic practices ..... and, suddenly, "everything good" (as you put it) in that state. As a matter of fact, his condition became so good that, this year (2021), a documentary was produced about him showing how he has REVERSED this incurable disease. That documentary has been nominated for best documentary of the year.

Regarding my previous example, you wrote that "nothing has been resolved". That example simply showed the most basic first step for beginners. In Jakob's case, he went past that first step and EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED through his right understanding of the body-mind-spirit connection.

However, if you choose to sit stoically through painful and uncomfortable situations, that is certainly your choice.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 23-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 23-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm fairly sure what Miss H is saying is regardless what's swirling around outside or inside our head, there's always a deep inner stillness that's not touched by any of it and is always accessible.
I get the general point, I just don't know what the ringing phone is supposed to represent.
Old 23-12-2021, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I don't understand what you mean about the ringing of the phone?
Ah, I'm back after 100mph winds, 75 mph winds are expected tonight and I had some roof
repair left to take care of, wow!

Re phone ringing: When a person concentrates on a flame, music, a mantra...what happens
to that concentration when someone comes to the door or the phone rings. It disappears;
but to focus on that which never disappears...in a crowd, when someone comes to the door...it is still present
is the thing, for me.
Hope that helps.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-12-2021, 10:21 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
..you may find this section relevant:
12. Closing the seven openings of the head with your hands, a space between your eyes becomes all-inclusive.
13. Touching eyeballs as a feather, lightness between them opens into heart and there permeates the cosmos.
14. Bathe in the center of sound, as in the continuous sound of a waterfall. Or by putting the fingers in the ears, hear the sound of sounds.
I relate completely, as you know!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Master
Thanks for the clarification, Miss H, that helps.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
positive thinking, meditation, visualizations, and holistic practices
I think you just changed the meaning of absorbed from what you meant before
Quote:
he has REVERSED this incurable disease.
Nice. But Ataxia isn't a disease per-se. I don't know what condition Jacob had which caused his Ataxia, or if the Ataxia was constant or episodic. I have no way of knowing if his condition was curable or if he underwent an inexplicable healing. I'd wager he had a temporary condition which went away, but I'd much prefer to believe he was miraculously healed. Either is possible, but the former is more likely.
Quote:
Regarding my previous example, you wrote that "nothing has been resolved". That example simply showed the most basic first step for beginners. In Jakob's case, he went past that first step and EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED through his right understanding of the body-mind-spirit connection.
On the other hand, Ramana got cancer and died. These sorts of things are not pertinant. What indicates resolution in Ramana's case is how he remained unperturbed by his illness and pain. It would have been cool if he had a miraculous healing - he would have been fine with that, too.

There's a couple of problems I'm having you should know. First you present miracle story so I'm kinda dumbstruck, and then you start using 'absorbed' in a different way but act like you're still talking about the same thing as you were before. I find that a little disingenuous.
Old 24-12-2021, 01:35 AM
Master
It's probably strange, but I gotta be honest: 112 meditations? Seriously?