Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-08-2021, 01:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Maybe I just have a lazy mind, I've always been a bit of a couch potato.
No kidding. A spiritual person is mentating all the time. It is a debilitating pastime. Try doing some work around the house. It's hard.
Old 30-08-2021, 06:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Try doing some work around the house. It's hard.
Try getting a sense of humour.
Try laughing at yourself.
Old 30-08-2021, 06:51 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Try getting a sense of humour.
Try laughing at yourself.
No chance, there, I'm afraid.
Old 30-08-2021, 07:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Obviously no problems, there's more than one way of skinning a cat (or is it swinging......or is it killing.....) You said a "can of worms" so now you have "access" to, "nescience" of, judgement of ( "arrogance" ) I have ignorance of Reality.
For me, intention is the key - and the reasons behind it. The Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path.

Quote:
(Lines from "Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)
Leonard Cohen still brings up images from when I was in Ascension Island just after the Falklands war.
Old 30-08-2021, 09:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
The concept remains the same civilization moves the story.
"All religions were right for that people at that time" so yes, same background different expression. However, the legacy of what began around 4,000BC or so is still with us and that's where this thread begins. What legacy do we take for our own? That Adam and Eve is history or do we look a little further for our understanding?
Old 01-09-2021, 10:20 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

1 Timothy 2: 13-14; For Adam was created first, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law.
Old 14-09-2021, 12:04 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
I guess, in eve death happened and adam believed it, instead of believing that there is no death.

But Eve lives on as the pregnant androgynous body of mankind, in who, is developing the child that God said would crush the head of Satan, "THE SON OF MAN".

Just as mankind had developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, so too the 'SON OF MAN' develops within the sinful body of Eve, Psalms 51: 5; The spirit cries out; "Behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me".

All have sinned and all must die once and pay the blood price for the sins of the flesh in which they, the disembodied minds=spirits had developed, before going off into judgement. And the 'SON OF MAN' is the only one who can pay the penalty for the sins of the body in which he develops.

The life of the woman is justified by the child that she bears to her Lord.
Old 14-09-2021, 01:10 AM
Ghaleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
1 Timothy 2: 13-14; For Adam was created first, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law.

They "transgressed" GODS law/commandment. They minds were sobered after haven eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil. God was indeed jealous.

****Everything in the Patrix is an inversion***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
The life of the woman is justified by the child that she bears to her Lord.
How very Patriarchal..not surprised in the least. If its not the opposite of truth its propaganda, smh. No days off for them...Oh right there are 360 demons one for each day of the year and HE is God so i simply cannot contest or challenge that, the spell is too strong and the manipulation extreme.. in the end it always goes back to "God loves you" lol The deception is real out here! 4.5-6 billion people is shocking, disturbing and no joke...
Old 14-09-2021, 01:56 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
No kidding. A spiritual person is mentating all the time. It is a debilitating pastime. Try doing some work around the house. It's hard.

The "Why" is it hard is the interesting question. The only thing that makes laying on the beach and doing a giant pile of dishes "different" is our thoughts. Being more precise, it's our delusion which makes thoughts real, meaningful, when no "meaning" is actually there. The individual "I," the self centered, thought based ego is a creation that is not actually real nor are the perceptions and corresponding "feelings" that come from that way to be or function. But then "created reality" is "real" for the one that has created it of course. It is what they perceive as "here" or present.

There is literally no difference between watching tv and doing the dishes. To one that has ended letting thoughts create reality anyway. That ego self is an idea linked self. The self that perceives a difference.

But yes there is a "real" self. One potentially unburdened by thought. One free of any goal or self centered craving for "more" or "different." One that no longer lets thoughts "color" or create or alter reality. One that no longer believes ideas have a substantial link to what actually is. (thus why they are free of it) That's really a good definition for ego, one that "is" their thoughts. Thoughts = reality for one living as ego. And that is wholly real (for them) as the brain cooperates and makes it so with various body mind chemicals and emotions.

If a child believes a monster is in their closet, they feel and perceive real fear, but the trigger for that delusional perception (that the brains chemicals made more "real" though an emotion and feeling of fear for example) the trigger was passive acceptance of a thought or idea. Ideas are "real" only if we live a way of life in which there is no distinction or "distance" between the thought and "me."

I see a giant pile of dishes, the thought comes, "I'd rather be laying down watching tv" and because we accept thought and ideas as reality, it is. But is it really reality? Nope. It's a created version of reality. One thought or ego based.

Without the acceptance of the idea they are different, they aren't.

There's a metaphor. That tree of knowledge in the garden of eden. To want to be as God. To "create reality" using a thought based way of being. That does separate one from "god."
Old 14-09-2021, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky

There is literally no difference between watching tv and doing the dishes. To one that has ended letting thoughts create reality anyway.

Sitting at the computer writing replies to posts is vacating (as in vacation). It is to dwell in the dimension of the "not yet dead", that half way house to the other side. One also gets into this state when watching Krishnamurti mentates in his videos. That guy has not done any work in his life. And that, in a nutshell, is spirituality. I had to give up my career, and retire long before my time to do what he was doing. It's not much different from what kids do: play video games all day long.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone here. I am passing judgment on myself alone. Doing dishes - as well as scrubbing the kitchen - is necessary. So is cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, cooking meals, making the bed, and shopping for groceries and supplies. Of late, I noticed that the garden has been taken over by weeds. It's a daily battle if one is not to be dispossessed of one's property by weeds outside the house and by insects inside the house. Spiders are tenacious.

No difference, you say.