Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 18-09-2021, 03:59 AM
The Anointed

[quote=Still_Waters]QUOTE 27 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
Your last post was a bit confusing since the quoted text and your response seem to be merged together.

In any case, your posts still seem self-contradictory and confusing to me since you say that "We are our own Judge" but you also say what is seemingly contradictory in that Vishnu (Hinduism) or the "Son of Man" (Biblical) does the judgment . I don't understand your response.

Kalkin, who is the tenth manifestation of Vishnu, is the supreme Judge of the Hindu. You have Judged yourself guilty and admit before your Judge, the crimes that you have committed against your fellow man, but it is Kalkin who makes the decision as to whether your sins are worthy of everlasting death, or whether He, before whom you (The disembodied mind) stand totally naked, sees that in your passionate despair you have truly repented and are fit to inherit everlasting life in the new body of brilliant and blinding light, or at least deserve another chance to be resurrected physically in the next cycle of universal activity.

May our God preserve you.
Old 18-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Master
QUOTE 28 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Sitting in the sky He can uses His remote controls like floods , pandemic , discord, wars ,economic /social /psychological / biological problems to punish the culprit .

Old 18-09-2021, 09:49 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 28 EXCERPT:

When Kalki ( a.k.a. Kalkin) who is the tenth avatar of the Hindu god Vishnu, appears at the end of the present Kali Yuga age when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked, for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with a return to a new age of purity.

He will certainly wipe the smile off the faces of the unbelievers.
Old 19-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Master

kalki

Quote:
QUOTE 27 EXCERPT:

Kalkin, who is the tenth manifestation of Vishnu, is the supreme Judge of the Hindu. ..

In Hindu scriptures there are various categories like Smruti,Shruti,Upanishad , purana , aranyak etc in order of authenticity. When there is conflict between the 2 categories , the higher category reference is considered authentic.

Kalki avatar was predicted when Buddha was not there some 5000 years back. So later writers(around 1000+ years back) included him as an incarnation of Vishnu which i consider as 10th incarnation of Vishnu . Taking inspiration from writers 1000 years back , modern day progressives consider Jesus (11th) and Mohammad Paygamber (12th ) also as an incarnation of Vishnu . So the Kalki Avatar still remains to come. Of course hardliners and fundamentalists object to such interpretation for variety of reasons .

Quote:
For as James the righteous brother of Jesus said; "How can you say that you love God and yet hate your brothers who God has become?"

While I understand love is very important to enlighten us, I dont understand the context and reference of this text and thereby message if any u wish to convey.

Hindus have been very tolerant and loving all these centuries so much so that those loved ones deceived them also and ruled them also . Nevertheless that's part of history and message of Love is eternal and universal . So there is no argument against it .

However Jesus has said lot of things besides this which one may need to consider lot of things like true love , unconditional love , blind love , tough love , feigning love , ignorant love , selfish love etc .
Old 19-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Master

why God comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 28 EXCERPT:

Indeed Krishna has described 3 purposes for for God coming or re-incarnating.

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम्‌ । धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥

1. Re-establishing righteous pure ways
2. Protecting good and righteous
3. Killing /destroying the evil / wrong .

So In order that he comes down from His heavenly seat to lower seat of Human form (avatar) , all of the 3 conditions need to be fulfilled. People must clearly have the knowledge of righteous ways and there must be people genuinely loving and practicing those ways . Then only He may lower His status and adopt a human form. Else in His heavenly seat everything runs on auto-pilot mode (even killing wrong/evil ones ) . He may not even bother for such mundane jobs .
Old 19-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Master
QUOTE 35 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Indeed Krishna has described 3 purposes for for God coming or re-incarnating.

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम्‌ । धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥

I am not disputing that.

However, what does that have to do with judgment at so-called "physical death"?
Old 19-09-2021, 09:47 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
While I understand love is very important to enlighten us, I dont understand the context and reference of this text and thereby message if any u wish to convey.

Quote:
For as James the righteous brother of Jesus said; "How can you say that you love God and yet hate your brothers who God has become?" Quote.

If the Hindu believe that the God Brahman, is the essential reality of the universe, and is the eternal divine spirit from which all being originates and to who all must return at the close of each period of universal activity, then you must believe that Brahman has manifested himself as this universe and all herein, and if your brothers originated from your God, then how can you hate your brother and yet claim to love your God.

Do you now understand the context and reference to the text that was supplied?
Old 20-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Quote:

If the Hindu believe that the God Brahman, is the essential reality of the universe, and is the eternal divine spirit from which all being originates and to who all must return at the close of each period of universal activity, then you must believe that Brahman has manifested himself as this universe and all herein, and if your brothers originated from your God, then how can you hate your brother and yet claim to love your God.

Clearly a paradox.
If Brahman is the essential reality of the universe and has manifested himself as this universe then he has also manifested himself as hate and love.
So you can hate your brother.
And claim to love your god.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 20-09-2021, 03:35 PM
Master

love and hatred

Quote:
Quote:
then you must believe that Brahman has manifested himself as this universe and all herein, and if your brothers originated from your God, then how can you hate your brother and yet claim to love your God.

Do you now understand the context and reference to the text that was supplied?
Hindus not only believe but practice that other is not other but divine brother under the fatherhood of Good . Entire history of Hindus is a proof to it .

Also I think there is misbelief that Kalki mandates death only . He too may in all His might and right forgive the right deserving one .

As busby correctly pointed out (may be jokingly) , nothing in the world of God is useless. So is hatred . The only requirement and indeed very serious and major one is that it has to right person in right measure with right context and right intentions .e.g. If I love my kid , I would hate anything which obstructs the progress, development and well being of my kid (like illness , casual / misdirected orientation etc) .
Old 21-09-2021, 01:14 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Also I think there is misbelief that Kalki mandates death only . He too may in all His might and right forgive the right deserving one .

I think I suggested that in my post #31; "You have Judged yourself guilty and admit before your Judge, the crimes that you have committed against your fellow man, but it is Kalkin who makes the decision as to whether your sins are worthy of everlasting death, or whether He, before whom you (The disembodied mind) stand totally naked, sees that in your passionate despair you have truly repented and are fit to inherit everlasting life in the new body of brilliant and blinding light, or at least deserve another chance to be resurrected physically in the next cycle of universal activity.

May our God preserve you.