Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
~Jay~

My son's dream

I wondered if anyone has any insight with regards to a dream that my 8 year old son had last night. He said all he could see was his own face staring at him, and it was covered in red spots!

He had the dream a total of 3 times in one night, and in the end he refused to go back to sleep.

He's been plagued by bad dreams for most of his life, and he's quite a concern for me at times.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Makoorakoo

Jaycee, this is indeed an unusual dream

usually if you see yourself in a dream it can represent reflection. Has your son had chicken pox or any other virus that causes spots. If not it could be a premonition that he will get a virus that will cause this. Perhaps it would be useful to ask what expresssion the face had and any other detailed parts of the dream. Perhaps your son may need to look in a mirror and smile at himself for a while. This could help him reflect in his wakened state so that he could have a chance of understanding the dream himself.

love and blessings to all and i hope you find the answers your looking for ^_^
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 PM
cweiters

Wonderful

Joycee this might seem like a nightmare to your son because very few people are able to step outside of theirself in a dream. IMO you have a very gifted son on your hands, The first time I saw myself in a dream it left a feeling of doom upon me. Now I know the dream was informing me of my ability to... what most of you call (Astral Projection) I simply say step outside of myself.

IMHO I feel this dream was reoccuring to farmilarize your son with what he is capable of doing and the red spots are symbolic of his fears. I'm sure seeing his face didn't frighten him. It was seeing his face with red spots that brought fear to the dream.

As a mother may suggest assuring him that this dream did not come to hurt him. Those red spots are nothing to worry about and he should continue to be the strong young man he is. Remind him of his strenghts that he might not be able to recognize at this time.

Sendng love an comfort to you and your son.
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 03-01-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 AM
~Jay~

Thanks for both replies - they've really helped! Makoorakoo; he had a very nasty bout of chicken pox last May, which I caught at the same time, and it has left a lasting impression on both of us I think!

cweiters; thankyou for your kind comments regarding my son - I agree with you that he is gifted. He is very sensitive (as is my younger son) and sees spirit occasionally, is very empathic, and the dreams he often tells me about are amazing. He will often tell me he can fly, and if he remembers to, and has the confidence in his abilities, he can alter the course of events in them. Sometimes though, I think it gets a little too much and he gets frightened - especially if they are occurring several nights in a row.

I have tried to help him by placing protective crystals by his bed & under his pillow, and telling him that he is in total control of his dreams, and he is the one that is doing all this. That seems to help, yet in the middle of the night it's often hard to remember these things! I may have to give him a little lesson on astral projection....if I can find the right words so as not to frighten him.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:42 PM
OceanWaves19161

I'm not sure what the dream means exactly but I know when i start having bad dreams alot its because i'm worried, fearful or anxious over something fairly big . Also spots and acne etc can be related to self love. Maybe you should ask if he's been teased lately and see how his self esteem is going.

Alana:)
Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Luke Wolf

Perhaps he has low self esteem, and sees himself with red dots as a sign of this. If he does have low sef esteem, boosting it would help.
Closed Thread