Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 28-05-2020, 11:07 PM
Seeker

Born In The Wrong Generation

I have recently noticed that I tend to get along better with those that are slightly younger then those my own age. I was born in 1990 and am 29 almost 30 years old, which would make me part of the millennial generation, but I've noticed that I tend to get along better with those in their early 20s, which would be generation Z compared to those of my generation. Just for fun I even took a quiz to see which generation I am really and it even said I'm more generation Z then Millennial. Now I'm suddenly wondering why I seem to get along better with the younger generation then my own. Maybe part of it is because I have yet to have any kids of my own while most people by my age have a young kid. What do you think?
Old 29-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Elfin

Hi.. to me it would suggest that in a past life you were maybe a teacher of a slightly younger generation. My son, when he was 7 was more comfortable sitting in a room full of adults, and chatting to them, then he was playing in the other room with his siblings and cousins. So he seemed to sense the same as you, except his was the other way round.
Old 29-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Ironically enough I struggle very hard getting along with people my own age and below, and make friends easier with older folks. But I suppose young people at your place may not be as selfish and narcissistic as the ones over here. Maybe….
Old 29-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Ironically enough I struggle very hard getting along with people my own age and below, and make friends easier with older folks. But I suppose young people at your place may not be as selfish and narcissistic as the ones over here. Maybe….
Hi Slayer. It's strange isn't it? My little lad was not only happy to sit in room with the 2 generations above him, but he actually joined in the conversation with them. And now , in his 30s he is a teacher of infants , and loves the interaction with them , and teaching them and seeing them develop.
Old 29-05-2020, 03:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi Slayer. It's strange isn't it? My little lad was not only happy to sit in room with the 2 generations above him, but he actually joined in the conversation with them. And now , in his 30s he is a teacher of infants , and loves the interaction with them , and teaching them and seeing them develop.

Oh well, as long as he enjoys his job that's all that matters. Perhaps it's partly due to my rather unpleasant interactions with them during my childhood, but I just prefer to avoid both teens and children as much as possible. And when a girlfriend of mine forces me to interact with her 4-yo I feel VERY uncomfortable.
Old 29-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Master
That's funny OP, I sometimes think about being born a decade earlier. There was a 15 year age gap between me and my brother, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Just picking up on the interacting with children. It's true, they can make us feel uncomfortable sometimes, I think it's because they're usually so open and if there's not much interaction with them, can come as a bit of a shock. Adults are general the opposite. So it'll take a bit of getting used to. They say it how it is, which can be embarrassing but also refreshing. I think if you can naturally get to know them other than a forced interaction it'd be well worth it. So much less B S.
Old 29-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Oh well, as long as he enjoys his job that's all that matters. Perhaps it's partly due to my rather unpleasant interactions with them during my childhood, but I just prefer to avoid both teens and children as much as possible. And when a girlfriend of mine forces me to interact with her 4-yo I feel VERY uncomfortable.
Yes he loves it. But I'm with you . If I have to get on a bus and it's full of school kids I just want to get off. I feel so nervous and uncomfortable because of my experiences with them growing up. I'm ok on a one to one with kids, but groups of kids kind of scare me.
Old 29-05-2020, 04:49 PM
Master
Strangely....from early childhood on....I was most interested in hanging with folk waaay older than me rather than my age group.

Like a lot older! i'm 58 now and have some friends in there late 80's.

Frankly...I've always found older people far more interesting to talk to.

As far as "born in the wrong generation....with me...its born in the wrong century!!! As it says in my signature below...."Yes I am a pirate....200 years too late!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 29-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Seeker

I enjoy young children and hope to have a child of my own someday soon, but I can also see how they can be annoying. I'm still not entirely sure why I get along better with those in their early 20s instead of people my own age. Lately I've been really feeling like I belong in the future and that maybe that's why I get along with the younger generation better. Also not sure this has anything to do with getting along better with younger people but I believe I have the ability to foresee the future and have always seemed to be a forward thinking and creative person so maybe that could be why.
Old 29-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Master
Another angle, not saying this is the case, but spending time with people not from our own generation can take the pressure off. Not so challenging.