Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Spinning Sensation

During meditation and a few other times in my life I have felt a 'spinning' sensation that can go pretty fast. Sometimes I will rise or fall in my experience eyes closed. If the 'spinning' accelerates and intensifies far enough I will 'slip' out and will feel very light and energetic and everything has a blue hue. On top of that I don't need to sleep but maybe an hour or two to feel fully rested and am in an blissful mood all day.

Normally meditation causes a great feeling for me but this spinning stuff is waaaay more so I am hoping someone knows what I am talking about.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Knower

Hi

I can see that you're new. I'm not that old myself. but welcome to SP.

can you explain what the spinning feels like a little more.
do you mean your head is spinning in a way like when we get light headed?
or is it happening elsewhere in your body.
is it a perception that you are spinning yourself?

some illumination there may help 'diagnose' the sensation.

however, I will say this. while there are common sensations during meditation that people will experience
each person still experiences it very differently.
the sensations, reactions, after affects, etc. are almost as unique to the individual sometimes.

in general, meditation is possible with either eyes closed or open.
we mostly prefer closed as to darken the mental space. but sometimes I find that the outside is more peaceful, so I'll open my eyes.
or if I close them, its specifically to heighten other sensations like scent and sound. (specially when I'm in nature, ironically)

also, the rise and fall of 'flow' (I presume that's what you mean) is normal.
sometimes the flow can stay steady, but I find that ebb and flow are more common for me too.
the full or consistent stream vs rise and fall is all good. your body often knows what it needs and how it needs it
so it will go ahead and facilitate or receive/call as it needs, and also as much as your own mind body and emotions can handle.

any color and sensations are nice. the blue is a color of higher chakras. starting at the throat, and going upwards until they reach to a purple at the crown, and golden should we be so lucky, but that's not a color I think that is seen- not sure.
seeing color can indicate a many things, either this is the strength or channel of that energy, so it illuminates you
sometimes we see the colors we need to work on. its weird that diagnostically they can be opposites,
but you learn to understand. in your case it sounds like the former since it is in the slip out more so, specially your lightness and energy
that is wonderful. smile and enjoy it.
I rarely see color. mostly lights streams that expand and contract and take different shape.
I once saw everything in purple hues for one full day, but that was after a guided meditation specifically for the crown chakra
during a spiritual retreat. so the energy was strong and intense, and the circumstances all together made it so.

as to sleep that is also normal. your body has a excess energy just absorbed in, and an energy that relaxes you.
your body is fed by this energy, and it is quite satisfying for sure.
I've gone days with no sleep. but be careful, this is not good long term. make sure that even if you don't sleep too much
you still give your body a few hours of 'horizontal time'. (that's what I call it haha)
sleep is a natural need for all living things. it is also when our immune system kicks in and starts doing its thing,
and when our subconscious and mind do their restful processing. physically and psychologically sleep is very important

sometimes I'll do a whole horizontal day, specially if I've crossed my 1 week allowed limit. so yes. get your two hours, enjoy them. but give your body also more. while its quite nice at first, specially because you are high on such natural energy
eventually this can be injurious, and actually even more so because and when
when you are absorbing more Prana or life force energy into you.
your body needs to be rested properly in order to welcome this new knowledge into it in the best way possible.

so yeah. even if you can't sleep. just tell your body it is sleep time anyway and lay long enough for it. you can meditate then too if you like.
but stay horizontal at least another 2 hours. don't watch tv. or fidget on phone. these will drain the rest energy you're intending.

with the spinning stuff, accelerations are normal when your practice and 'tapping into' gets deeper / higher.
it is good to educate yourself to what's happening to you, so fantastic being here asking.
but also couple that with faith and trust in the healing meditation and the process of it.
your chakras are opening up in new ways and exploring themselves with you. think of it as a partnership
between you and your spiritual body, going in together and learning each other and collaborating on this beautiful journey onwards.
each of you has knowledge that the other may not, but both of you can trust each other and that your combined knowing
is serving you to the best of your needs.

may I suggest you start journaling if you don't already.
there is no rule to how or what you journal. but keep a place handy where your subconscious mind will be able to voice itself sometimes
once your chakras start opening up and this experience takes you in more
its nice to befriend yourself and your thoughts and emotions.
this will help create more inner awareness for you, which will enlighten the meditation experience as well.

best of luck

hope I helped.
oh , and if you still want to see what the spinning may denote,
please do give more detail. I'm no expert, haha, and my diagnosis may be wrong
but I have a very 'curious' and 'scientific' approach. for no reason other than how my mind works.
I can't help it. lol.
also, I'm here because a lot of new and different things are happening to me during my own meditations.
and I also want to understand them.
I feel sharing our experience in such detail as you did, will help me extend my learning and understanding.
see where I can make connections, draw similarities, etc, in my pursuit to know the anatomy of our energy bodies
and how to work with them.

salam and love

Fats
Old 12-08-2020, 02:17 AM
Ascender
Just writing to subscribe because this happens to me too, if it's the same sensation. It happens when I go into sorta a meditative or trance state. It feels like there is a spinning force inside my body that isn't really me. Just a full body sensation, although I notice it mainly in my upper body
Old 12-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatimasque

Thank you so much for the info and greetings!

Describing the sensation is somewhat difficult because its very different than nausea or vertigo or something like that. It feels great and always comes before a 'higher frequency' state. It becomes very easy to talk to 'Non-Human' creatures

If I were to describe the spinning it's like my entire perception is on a roller coaster that is reaching absurd speeds sometimes I even hear a 'rush' sound

Hope that helps
Old 13-08-2020, 08:32 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santson
During meditation and a few other times in my life I have felt a 'spinning' sensation that can go pretty fast. Sometimes I will rise or fall in my experience eyes closed. If the 'spinning' accelerates and intensifies far enough I will 'slip' out and will feel very light and energetic and everything has a blue hue. On top of that I don't need to sleep but maybe an hour or two to feel fully rested and am in an blissful mood all day.

Normally meditation causes a great feeling for me but this spinning stuff is waaaay more so I am hoping someone knows what I am talking about.
hi has happened to me too, it is when i forget to imagine that i have something, like a cord to ground me in something, like the earth, so please try to imagine that and don't jump ahead a few steps like I use to and completely ignored the grounding bit. Please if you like report back to me and see if you notice a difference :)
Old 14-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Knower

then it sounds like the spinning of your chakras.
this is a lovely level of activation/ energizing.
and Asearcher above is correct in that you want to make sure to ground or root yourself before meditation then.
this a good rule in general for always.

on Grounding:
if you have a particular faith, then prayer is a good start, specially to recognize that guidance is divine, and to submit to that.
I choose particular verses from the Quran to recite before I start my meditation & healing.
if not religious scripture, even mantras that are grounding work perfectly the same. sometimes I add or prefer these.

More even, there are many options
1- visualizations like being corded or rooted also help.

2- dancing is a good grounding exercise, specially with some feet stomps and knee bends. think something like a jungle dance.
don't forget your upper body though.

3- specific "yoga" stretches / poses can be specifically grounding too.
if you don't practice, these are still easy to find online, and just do the given stretches you like.
Childs Pose is a favorite, and very grounding. specially that all chakras get to rest on gravity.
> you can even attempt to meditate from that position. it's quite lovely.

4- grounding ways are many, you find them out and use what you like as you go along.

Additional considerations for practice

1- it seems your chakras are spinning quite intently. and you're experiencing something beautiful
and also powerful.
this means that energies are moving in and out of your body, and shifting around within too.
possibly sediments of this movement stay in the aura body.

this also means that you're possibly downloading a mindful amount of universal energy.
As in one that calls for your particular awareness
based on these, its good practice to keep the body (physical and energetic) mindful of themselve.

so beyond grounding, you also want to practice cleansing and 'processing'.

cleansing for sake of sediments (and well just good practice for many reasons),
and helping body process the upgrade, by focusing on solar plexus.

2- my favorite cleanse is a salt bath.
but there are many ways, and to each his preferences.
>when we meditate we are also cleansing naturally, but intent & a physical practice is also all the difference.

3- go back to the solar plexus regularly- as though you're communicating to it the meditation experience.
at begging or end or even in middle of meditation/healing. up to you really.
focus yourself there.

there is something about its centrality in the body that affects all pathways of energy.
and as old to new energies and energy systems in our body are being exchanged now,
clearing and re-building the routes helps that new energies don't fall into the pathways as old energies.

of course,
1- energy and our bodies are smart, and often do what they need to do anyway
> the body will still grow scar tissue, or raise fever, or affect our mood, to heal us without our 'command'.

2- but knowledge and mindfulness also in any practice, raises our love in it
and love expanded and love settled... is just so beautiful

Love and Peace
f
Old 14-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Spinning? If it were me - I'd sit with a heavy Smokey quartz.
Problem solved. But that's me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Master

@ Santson ... whatever be the manifestation, trust and allow and enjoy. Resistance is a blockage.

Old 14-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ Santson ... whatever be the manifestation, trust and allow and enjoy. Resistance is a blockage.

Is resistance also the inability to fully immerse myself in the spinning sensation?
Old 14-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkiez
Is resistance also the inability to fully immerse myself in the spinning sensation?

‘Spinning‘ is your mind interpreting the sensory experience. We may feel chakras spinning. But why interpret? Why let thought interfere?