Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-11-2022, 02:01 PM
Knower
Ego is not the same as the sense of individuality

Many enlightened masters especially from India have stated that with enlightenment the sense of individuality disappears. But that is not true because they mistakenly take the ego to be the sense of individuality (a mistake that is extremely easy to make).

Here is an article on this subject: http://spiritweb.in/teachings/pathwo...e-after-death/.
Old 22-11-2022, 03:38 PM
Master

enlightened masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
Many enlightened masters especially from India have stated that with enlightenment the sense of individuality disappears. But that is not true because they mistakenly take the ego to be the sense of individuality (a mistake that is extremely easy to make).

If enlightened masters make easy mistakes, a question may come are they really enlightened. You may quote any specific ones. There may be context to it.

Nevrtherless the individuality with its narrow-prejudiced borders and biased perceptions do become weak/ thin/ blurred with enlightnment . Still the sense of individuality is retained by enlightened masters to serve its best adminstrative efficacy purpose (without negative side effects) . This sense of individuality however does not cloud his/her value judgment in narrow parochial lines.

PS - Portal has nice collection of quotes and teaching. It's wonderful. Keep enhancing it.
Old 22-11-2022, 04:31 PM
Suspended
Guide

I'd be glad to say goodbye to my ego, but the sense if I in my opinion (own awareness) will remain.
Old 25-11-2022, 08:35 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
If enlightened masters make easy mistakes, a question may come are they really enlightened. You may quote any specific ones. There may be context to it.

The Buddha made the mistake of saying that there is no God. The Buddha made the mistake of saying that there is no self existing by it's own power, independent of other things. The Buddha made the mistake of not allowing for women to be his disciples during the early phase of his teaching career because he considered women to be inferior to men. Krishna made the mistake of influencing the Pandavas to kill their own brothers, uncles and gurus just for a piece of land to rule over. People think that it was a war for justice, but that is just a euphemism for greed for power. Krishna made the mistake of stealing the clothes of his women friends, the gopis, so he could enjoy seeing them nude. If someone else with not a great reputation as Krishna had done that, we would call him wicked and lustful. Krishna made the mistake of calling women as being born of a paap yoni (sinful womb). Krishna made the mistake of popularizing the caste system in India/Bharat of old. Ramakrishna made the mistake of saying that it is wrong to have sex if you want to progress spiritually. Shiva made the mistake of tearing off the head of Brahma when he got angry.

Are you sure great or enlightened people dont make mistakes ? Many enlightened masters in past births long ago were wicked people. THen they changes and gradually became better and better. But that does not mean that the enlightened master is "perfect". When I was young and saw the image of the Buddha with serene face sitting in meditative absorption, even I was inspired and thought that he was perfect. But the fact is that no one except for a handful of people like Jesus and maybe some very few others are either perfect or close to it.
Old 25-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I'd be glad to say goodbye to my ego, but the sense if I in my opinion (own awareness) will remain.
Well, you can start with baby steps, make a plan.
Say goodbye to the parts or aspects of the ego that cause you trouble, stress or pain?

Example from the ego we get jealousy, anger, hatred, separation from God and all that exist, greed, selfishness,
depression, indignation, vengeful thoughts, discouragement,
despair, self loathing, worry, fear, doubt, guilt and pride, and so on.

Pick one a week -say, pride...and when it comes into your thoughts or emotions, say, "Oh no, nope, I'm not letting you in. Nope,
you're not tricking me to feel this awful, lower ego feeling. No way."

And when it seeps in again for a week, do that again and again.
Then, go to another that troubles you for a week.

I started with worry in Jan 2006...boy during a 2 week period was I surprised to become aware of HOW much worry crept into my brain!
My thoughts!
And what it felt like...(I had a lot to worry about, too...as we all can have...''I'm gonna be late, I don't have enough
money, I don't have health ins''...whatever!"
I haven't had worry since then...IF a thought were to seep in of some silly worry?
I laugh at it - and say to God within me,"HA! That was NOT my thought...I have nothing to worry about."
Phfft...gone.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2022, 01:02 PM
saurab? I would counter your post 4.
I would say at times in history and diff cultures in order to make points or teach to a certain group ....
masters or avatars or God Himself do or say what they do for reasons that are beyond some of our little pea brains.

My view of the presumptive opinion that avatars, masters or God Himself are making mistakes or have forgotten us or
are not doing their jobs or are letting bad things happen, as
posted in that Honza thread re God is just not perfect...are just that :
presumptions and viewpoints of little minds that do not take the time to understand the bigger picture thru
inner silence and stillness to commune with Divine Insights revealed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2022, 01:05 PM
Suspended
Guide

Hi Miss hepburn,regarding your post,#5.it's a work in progress I'm geting better with age.
Old 25-11-2022, 03:23 PM
Master
I've read the entire article and it's one of the most accurate explanations of how it works that I've ever come across.
I don't see how you got your bold statement based on that? If you do indeed base it on that I wonder if you have actually understood the message. And if not, maybe it will come in time as it is a difficult concept to grasp if you have not yet experienced at least part of it yourself. Which is also explained beautifully in the article. Certain things cannot be easily explained and put into words, as the author said as well.
You can tell someone about the sense of Oneness and feeling connected with All That Is, but someone who's too far off vibrational will not get it.

In any case, it's a beautiful article and totally correct and I fail to see the reference to your post...
Old 25-11-2022, 04:06 PM
Suspended
Guide

I've just read the article that you posted originally saurab and I agree with FairyCrystal.I sincerely hope that is what happens and it gives the best explanation that I have come across.
Old 25-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Master

enlightened masters making mistakes

Yes enlightened masters before enlightenment can be wicket , lazy , casual diffident ,ignorant even fraudulent . But once they attain enlightenment all these becomes a matter of past . There are umpteen examples in the world of people with sinful history yet developing good heart/character after realization of their mistakes .

Quote:
The Buddha made the mistake of saying that there is no God. The Buddha made the mistake of saying that there is no self existing by it's own power, independent of other things.
Extreme materialistic people simply can not understand something spiritual. To explain them 'No self' is the best answer . Hindus of Buddha's time were extremely ritualistic and materialistic . So I think this the best thing He could do this to explain something spiritual.
Quote:
The Buddha made the mistake of not allowing for women to be his disciples during the early phase of his teaching career because he considered women to be inferior to men.
It's not question of inferiority superiority . It's question of suitability/practicality . Even in extremely developed society , females make sure about their overall safety before they take up any job/assignment/learning as compared to males. And this is perfectly ok if males/females have safe interactions rather than predatory one.
Quote:
Krishna made the mistake of influencing the Pandavas to kill their own brothers, uncles and gurus just for a piece of land to rule over. People think that it was a war for justice, but that is just a euphemism for greed for power.
It was about greater good of greater number sentients over a very long period of time and not just a small kingdom.
Quote:
Krishna made the mistake of stealing the clothes of his women friends, the gopis, so he could enjoy seeing them nude. If someone else with not a great reputation as Krishna had done that, we would call him wicked and lustful.
Many of such writings are allegorical and His age at such times was around 6-8 years. One can easily observe nothing wrong here. Internet web pages may searches may not always get u authentic info on such matters.
Quote:
Krishna made the mistake of calling women as being born of a paap yoni (sinful womb).
It's not generalization . Females are more at the risk of lures / fear giving rise to sin .

Quote:
Krishna made the mistake of popularizing the caste system in India/Bharat of old.
Original Indian caste system which Krishna and others advocated is 4 corner specialization with service orientation,excellence and co-operation . There was absolute equality here . There was contextual leadership and importance which is absolutely correct . IF u study Myers and Briggs personality types and their occupational suitability , it exactly matches 4 castes (occupational ) mind set . Later day Brahmins however exploited this and turned 'Shudra' to 'Kshudra' thereby creating a caste system with worst inequality . Ad rightly current govts and constitutions rightly provide reservations such earlier oppressed classes to compensate for earlier sins of Indian upper castes . But u can see here the system not followed correctly . You can see wherever/whenever such 4 corner specialization with service orientation,excellence and co-operation is practiced at whatever level , people /nations/families/companies have prospered . So the people to blame here are people who di not understand and not the one visualized it correctly.

Quote:
Ramakrishna made the mistake of saying that it is wrong to have sex if you want to progress spiritually.
Being celibate himself we should excuse him for this . All he means there should be limit on one's sexual urges for easy spiritual pursuit. Even today all religious people of almost all denominations , recommend regulated sexual urge which is just fine for normal people also . It's like salt you neither have less not more - just the adequate quantity
Quote:
But the fact is that no one except for a handful of people like Jesus and maybe some very few others are either perfect or close to it.
That's very great . Finally you go someone whom u find perfect . Very happy for u . Jesus is my Hero too.