Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Buddhism is not Hinduism BJ, and not an offshoot.

Hinduism as we know today came after Buddhism.

Revisionist history?

But then...... you might be thinking of King Asoka who brought Buddhism to the Indian sub-continent.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Funny how you refuse to respond to any of my points. You've been shut down on every argument against Christianity that you've presented so far. Only a fool would assume their reasoning and understanding is above that of their creator. This is indeed a child's level of thought. If what you say is true and as a child you recognized how limited your own understanding is compared to that of God, then you have most certainly regressed. What a pity.

As a child I recognised the non-sence I was being taught, and moved on.... The best thing I ever did
Old 07-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
What? Firstly it's a mistake to confound these distinct belief systems. The God of Christianity is not the same God as that of Islam, nor of Judaism. Secondly, belief systems don't remember or forget. People do. The Christian believe system is nothing more than the teachings of the Bible, which has been preserved. The removal of God's name from the Bible does not mean no one will ever find out, in fact, anyone who has done any real research into the Bible knows the name of God as is recorded in the ancient manuscripts, it is actually extremely accessible to anyone with the internet or a nearby library.

Uhmmmmm........ I might be naive but Jesus was born a Jew and as some claim, died a Jew. Jesus' God was the God of Abraham, Isaac, etc. The Jewish God is the same God that Jesus worshiped and the same God his followers worship.

Allah is not the name of God. The word Allah translates to the word "God". Mohammed claimed Jews and Christians were not doing what their God expected of them. As a result, a new religion came forth from Judism and Christianity.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Revisionist history?

But then...... you might be thinking of King Asoka who brought Buddhism to the Indian sub-continent.

Hinduism as we know it today is fairly new compared to Buddhism. Hindus at the time of of Shakiyamuni meant people from the ' Indus Valley Civilization ' a mixture of different beliefs. After Buddhism came Hinduism as a Religion that we know today and do believe in the Trimurti.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Uhmmmmm........ I might be naive but Jesus was born a Jew and as some claim, died a Jew. Jesus' God was the God of Abraham, Isaac, etc. The Jewish God is the same God that Jesus worshiped and the same God his followers worship.

Allah is not the name of God. The word Allah translates to the word "God". Mohammed claimed Jews and Christians were not doing what their God expected of them. As a result, a new religion came forth from Judism and Christianity.

Jesus was definitely a Jew and died a Jew, is it not written ' Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews '. You are correct...
Old 07-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
What? Firstly it's a mistake to confound these distinct belief systems. The God of Christianity is not the same God as that of Islam, nor of Judaism. Secondly, belief systems don't remember or forget. People do. The Christian believe system is nothing more than the teachings of the Bible, which has been preserved. The removal of God's name from the Bible does not mean no one will ever find out, in fact, anyone who has done any real research into the Bible knows the name of God as is recorded in the ancient manuscripts, it is actually extremely accessible to anyone with the internet or a nearby library.

In the New Testament, Jesus, the Apostles, and disciples quoted scriptures from the Old Testament that originally used one of God's name but never once used the original name(s) but sanitized the name with other words such as God. Jesus quoted the scripture in the Psalms that claims we are all gods but forgot to clarify that the god(s) mentioned in that scripture is pronounced as Elohim in Hebrew. Elohim is also the name used in the first creation account (Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:3) which later got replaced with God.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
if there is only one God, how can Islam and Judaism not have the same God? especially since Judaism was first. that's counter intuitive

Now according to the Vince bible we have different God's More confusion....
Old 07-07-2019, 07:44 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
The smell of a Cedar Tree is beautiful

Yes I agree.
I am very blessed to be in a land where there are many cedars (actually a Cyprus or Pacific Red Cedar).
Old 07-07-2019, 08:13 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Gen1. God creates plants, then animals, and then simultaneously creates man and woman. In Gen 2. God creates a human, plants, then animals, and later he divides the human into female and male.

They can't even decide what was created first, plants or humans

I personally prefer Gen1 as it fits in with my belief in Evolution.

I believe there are 2 separate stories for different purposes and they were probably written by different people.

Both introduce duality concepts.

It's no wonder Adam & Eve ate of the tree of knowing, since they were so hungry waiting for plants and food to ripen. (Joking)
Old 07-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I believe there are 2 separate stories for different purposes and they were probably written by different people.

Both introduce duality concepts.

It's no wonder Adam & Eve ate of the tree of knowing, since they were so hungry waiting for plants and food to ripen. (Joking)

It obvious the Bible was written by different people, hence the contradictions.

It's no wonder Adam & Eve ate of the tree of knowing, since they were so hungry waiting for plants and food to ripen. (Joking)[/quote]

Excellent, I love it.....