Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Master
[quote=VinceField]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

So you don't have any actual evidence. That's what I thought. Glad I could effectively debunk the lies you are spreading.

Are you not reading the Posts?
As I wasn't present I can only show you documents which I have Posted, I understand that it's hard for some to take in but the evidence is available.
Old 28-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
The reason that the Christian section is having these interesting "ideas" brought in is because the souls of those that are posting these things are seeking a higher experience and they draw them here. It is just physically manifesting as this.
You see, it's amazing! They don't go and attack the Buddah forum, the Siva lounge or any other but the Christ section. That's because they know they won't find anything there but here.

Remember a moth comes from darkness and travels in search of light and eventually sticks to the light. If the consuming Fire doesn't burn them, they die without ever knowing the Fire. Apostle Paul once persecuted the Christians, and he himself became one of the pioneers, and though you present these interesting doctrines, you only want the truth.

These are the ones who have made constant effort in "registering" they're name here. That is because they're souls are marked by Jesus Christ for Salvation. One of my favorites is sky123, our very own Preacher and Teacher, though he just needs a face to face with the Lord to learn His Calling. But pay attention to his vigor and intensity as well as consistency, this guy can literally win whole planetary civilizations for Christ! I love this guy!!!
Have you seen this guy's research on Christianity? Sometimes I get embarrassed, I consider myself as a strong Christian, but sky123 spends more time than me contemplating God. I have to learn this, theres something we can all learn from this as Christians. Shout out to sky123! Keep the fire burnin'!

But of what use is reincarnation if Elijah went straight up to heaven? Of what significance is this if the corpse of Jesus Christ was raised and walked out the grave? Do we need to then believe In the inferior doctrine of Reincarnation? I say, let's go for the Highest and the Best!

Love you too
Old 28-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I don't believe in a soul JB, gave that up as a child

was it because of what you were taught concerning the Soul? if you believe in the words of God. here's what is say the "SOUL", is (Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

so contrary to false teachings, the "SOUL" isn't some ghostly form that leaves a dead body. just to either be burned forever in a "HELLFIRE." or moves on to another dimension. the "SOUL", is a living being. what happens to the a sinning SOUL?, it dies ,(Ezek. 18:20 The soul that sin, it shall die....).

if a "SOUL" was the ghost /spirit of the dead, and the SOUL that sins die. what since who it make if someone came back with..."the ghost of the dead...will die if it sins? so again, the SOUL is a Living Being. peace
Old 28-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
was it because of what you were taught concerning the Soul? if you believe in the words of God. here's what is say the "SOUL", is (Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul).

so contrary to false teachings, the "SOUL" isn't some ghostly form that leaves a dead body. just to either be burned forever in a "HELLFIRE." or moves on to another dimension. the "SOUL", is a living being. what happens to the a sinning SOUL?, it dies ,(Ezek. 18:20 The soul that sin, it shall die....).

if a "SOUL" was the ghost /spirit of the dead, and the SOUL that sins die. what since who it make if someone came back with..."the ghost of the dead...will die if it sins? so again, the SOUL is a Living Being. peace

I certainly do believe in the word of God but not the words of others who are entitled to their beliefs.

God told me that there is no soul If I can't believe in a soul then there's no soul....
Old 28-06-2019, 04:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I certainly do believe in the word of God but not the words of others who are entitled to their beliefs.

God told me that there is no soul If I can't believe in a soul then there's no soul....
Maybe you have a soul and just don't think so because you don't like soul food. Well hopefully ya still got rhythm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFJ2jxIe4CQ
Old 28-06-2019, 09:32 PM
Master
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField

Are you not reading the Posts?
As I wasn't present I can only show you documents which I have Posted, I understand that it's hard for some to take in but the evidence is available.

I didn't see any documents. All I saw was one verse taken completely out of context.

Quote:
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. IF THEY HAD BEEN THINKING OF THE COUNTRY THEY HAD LEFT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN. Instead they were longing for a better country — a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:13–16) '

This has absolutely nothing to do with reincarnation. The context is as follows:

Abraham and Sarah had received the promises of land and countless descendants but died before these promises were fully realized. They had come to the land of Canaan but lived there as resident aliens; they hoped for many descendants but together had only one child, Isaac. The disappointments of life on earth did not seem to match the grandeur of God's promises. When Sarah died, Abraham had to obtain a place for her burial, since he did not actually own land. When requesting a burial site, he confessed that he was a stranger or foreigner in the land of Canaan (Genesis 23:4). Hebrews says that these words sum up much of Sarah and Abraham's lives: they were not fully at home on earth. This is also true for other believers. They live on earth while recognizing that they never fully belong and have never completely arrived at their destination. Nevertheless, the hope that they have for the future gives them encouragement to live life in the present, knowing that God is still at work, bringing God's saving purposes to their final realization.
Old 28-06-2019, 11:03 PM
Master

Vince, Sky - whether re-incarnation is true or not it doesn't matter
It shouldn't make the slightest difference to how life is lived if you knew one was true and the other wasn't. For all we know its something else. Scripture doesn't explain things very clearly its better to just trust in God however it works so what i'm saying is I can't see why it matters

The pre-existence of the soul (spirit for sky123 or 'mind' or whatever is sky-friendly) is interesting. every animal knows it has a body. humans with some spiritual cojones know they have something else as well that is believed to be eternal. if it's eternal then it must have always existed, just like God

contemplating this is really helpful within a Christian context as much as any other and it unites those who beleive in reincarnation and those who don't, which is most Christians, although like i said to begin with i'm not sure it matters exactly how it works because God is good and we can trust him
Old 29-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
yep I do agree the discordant parts are the best, and throw light on that orthadoxising process. I think its not just the victors fought among themselves but also their opponents got some stuff in as well, and without this mystery it wouldn't have the great appeal it does

but to reincarnation you can find it in the apocryphon of john

"“When they come forth from the body, such a soul is given over to the powers created by the rulers, bound in chains, and cast into prison again. Around and around it goes until it manages to become free from forgetfulness through knowledge. And so, eventually, it becomes perfect and is saved.”
but this text is after late 1st century events when 'gnostics' seemed to become way more dualistic than they were before. the church fathers suggested simon magus came up with the gnostic ideas but if you check his writings they don't seem that extreme in their dualism but he is said to have promoted reincarnation, after all his Helena had been reincarnated many times he is bound to have

pre-existence of the soul as well, i think that is more interesting a doctrine than reincarnation which is kind of a bit rigid and just as many problems as the alternatives. i do think Jesus believed in that

' I do think Jesus believed in that[/quote] '

' And now O Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world was '

'' Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

" Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone
when the morning stars sang together
and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy? "
Old 30-06-2019, 12:32 AM
Master
Your interpretation displays a deep lack of understanding of scripture and the gospel.

Jesus is God, a divine person of the triune God, and as such he has always existed, even before the Earth was created. Thus he was together with God the father before the world was.

God is outside of time and thus knows everything before it actually happens. Thus he knows people before they are even born.

Quite simple and basic if you know the Bible and interpret scripture within its own context. These verses have literally nothing to do with reincarnation.

Quote:
' I do think Jesus believed in that
'

' And now O Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world was '

and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy? "[/quote]
Old 30-06-2019, 06:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Your interpretation displays a deep lack of understanding of scripture and the gospel.

Jesus is God, a divine person of the triune God, and as such he has always existed, even before the Earth was created. Thus he was together with God the father before the world was.

God is outside of time and thus knows everything before it actually happens. Thus he knows people before they are even born.

Quite simple and basic if you know the Bible and interpret scripture within its own context. These verses have literally nothing to do with reincarnation.

'

and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy? "
[/quote]

Yes your interpretation displays a deep lack of understanding of scripture and the gospel.
The verses refer to the pre-existence of the soul which DM mentioned Jesus must have also believed this as does DM.