Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Everyone judges. If you use logic and reasoning, you use judgement. If you make decisions, you use judgement. There is nothing wrong with using judgement, in fact, it is wise and beneficial and we are commanded to do so in the Bible. The fact is that the catholic church deviates greatly from the word of God.

I agree because it's scriptural based. MANY say you can't judge, that's also scriptural based. though to some that might seem like a contradiction, (Jehovah God does NOT contradict himself). there's a difference in judging. there's judging in a way, that can imply that one is better than the other. like the Pharisee vs the tax collector ,(Matt. 18:9-14). the Pharisee thought he was better than the humble man. NOT realizing that they were BOTH SINNERS! that was judging in the worst way.

we as you basically said, can judge in a way that'll lead us down the righteous path Jesus lead for us ,(1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). Jesus said he and his were not part of this world, (John 17:16). so to be NO part of this world, we would have to look at the ways of this world. see if it's in agreement with Jesus and Jehovah God. if not we have to say, I will not live like that.

we have to judge even our spiritual siblings if they're living fowl. just as we have to judge the world who lives fowl ,(1Cor. 5:11-13 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person”). peace
Old 13-06-2019, 10:11 PM
I have not read anything except the title...if anyone was interested in the topic..Micheal Newton books cover a lot.
'Journey of Souls', like a series of books.

Then there is looking up Anthony Borgia's, 'Life in the Unseen Word'.
Or getting the movie based on Chico Xavier's work
'The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey".

Unless...they were hung up on concepts and didn't want to.
Up to them.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Seeker

According to the Bible, the spirit of man goes to God when he is dead. There is nothing like reincarnation in Christianity.

"and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7).
Old 22-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
According to the Bible, the spirit of man goes to God when he is dead. There is nothing like reincarnation in Christianity.

"and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it" (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

Reincarnation was very much part of early Christianity and removed , do a little research and you will find some verses in the Bible that they must have forgotten to remove.
Old 22-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Master

Very roughly put, in my view, we go to the same place after dying that we go to each night when we fall asleep.

But of another quality.

It's just that when we then awaken we find ourselves in different circumstances and need a 're-cap' before we embark on another challenge or journey or adventure. For a while our beliefs - no matter what they were - will colour our vision but we'll soon get off to a new start and the processes and procedures will continue.
Old 23-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Reincarnation was very much part of early Christianity and removed ,

do a little research and you will find some verses in the Bible that they must have forgotten to remove.
That's right, they missed 'em.
But so apparent.
I wrote a paper on that very thing in 1969....with
no help from computers! Just before Woodstock.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's right, they missed 'em.
But so apparent.
I wrote a paper on that very thing in 1969....with
no help from computers! Just before Woodstock.

This is one of my favorites Miss H,

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. IF THEY HAD BEEN THINKING OF THE COUNTRY THEY HAD LEFT, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITY TO RETURN. Instead they were longing for a better country — a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. (Heb 11:13–16)

Exactly what Buddha taught
Old 23-06-2019, 08:24 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
amen, i wasn't meaning to criticise anyone it's just sometimes the 'vision' of God's love is quite overwhelming and this goes beyond logic and understanding, and you can just see it in the way Jesus is with people, in the Bible and today. I guess i want to stand up for that and give it its proper emphasis which is guaranteed to be devalued whenever faith vs works appears, which the Bible is chock full of statements validating one or the other positions so forever goes around in a circle. Love seems to be the higher principal above these two

Yes I agree.

Faith and works, I believe only truly is authentic after you become rooted and grounded
in Gods Divine Love.
After, you can see that God's and Christ's Love is the wellspring that
nourishes the whole faith.
Once rooted in God's Love there is no more guilt, shame or condemnation.
There is only growth knowing you've been born again into the Spirit and constantly watered by God's Love.
This is just what I am rooted in at this present time.

Working on a TOTAL letting go of this life and putting total TRUST in God's WILL.
Old 25-06-2019, 03:53 AM
Master
Anyone claiming that reincarnation is or ever was a Judeo-Christian doctrine is completely misinformed. It is entirely contradictory to the Biblical worldview. Total nonsense.
Old 25-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Anyone claiming that reincarnation is or ever was a Judeo-Christian doctrine is completely misinformed. It is entirely contradictory to the Biblical worldview. Total nonsense.

Reincarnation was part of early Christianity, you can find verses that have not been removed from the Bible, it does depend on which Bible you read though as different versions obviously have been altered to suit....