Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2006, 12:45 PM
psychic sue

Maybe you need a nicer deck. The Druidcraft is lovely.

Having said all this, I am moving away from Tarot reading now - I am working on my clairvoiyance.

Best wishes,

Sue x
Old 16-05-2006, 03:04 PM
thoughtful

i have just read right through this thread
I wish I could read tarot
is it possible for any one to do this or do you have to have the gift??
Old 17-05-2006, 01:20 PM
psychic sue

ANYONE can do it - it's not a gift, we all have it - it just depends on how hard you are prepared to work at it.

Get a deck - probably the Rider-Waite is best for a beginner. Have a look at a few websites and give it a go!

Sue x
Old 19-05-2006, 12:34 PM
thoughtful

thanks sue
i will have to get some cards and give it a try
Old 22-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Nicole

Hi everyone,

I've been working with tarot deck as well as oracle decks. Of late I am waking up between 5:00am and 6:00am dreaming of my cards. This morning I woke up dreaming of my Angel deck. I cannot get it out of my mind so I end up just getting up and doing other things... like visit forums like this :)

I've been accumulating decks along the way and have purchased most of my decks except for one which was a gift from a family friend. The decks I have are:-
* Motherpeace Tarot deck (round cards) by Vicki Noble
* The Oracle Tarot (does not have the Court cards) by Lucy Cavendish
* Chakra Oracle Goddess Cards (she has 3 sets with 7 in each set, however will be developing another 3-4 sets) by Anita Ryan
* Healing with the Angels Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue
* The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
* Magical Spells by Lucy Cavendish
* Messages from your Angels by Doreen Virtue
* Kroyon cards that have been channelled by someone (they are more inspiration messages rather than used in a spread - These are the ones that a family friend gave me)

I am starting to prepare myself as I would like to offer Tarot and Angel readings as part of my business (healing, goddess playshops, ka huna massage).

Can anyone suggest a technique for me to use when I wake up dreaming about my decks. I would really like to go back to sleep rather than get up.

Thanks in advance :)
Old 25-05-2006, 02:42 AM
alerted by dreams

Hi Nicole,
Although you have not gone into any great detail as to what takes place in your dream it sounds to me as though spirit are trying to tell you something. Do you ever do yourself readings?

Before you go to sleep ask for guidance. What occurs in your dream can be quite telling. If you dream only of the deck itself then use it as soon as you awaken and ask "What do I need to know?".

I hope it helps! Dave x
Old 13-06-2006, 05:53 AM
pepperi

Hi all

It definitely seems like your spirits are trying to give you a message and it maybe that the time is your power source. There are times during the day where your power might be the strongest so that you may connect for guidance or to do a spell. Although sorda vague hope my explanation helped.
Old 16-06-2006, 12:24 AM
alerted by dreams

I've read here that tarot readers find it difficult to be objective when doing self readings and the following gave me an idea.

Some months ago I did myself a reading using a spare deck one of my mates mam has. Not being a skilled reader personally, I had to refer to the handbook that accompanied the deck for meaning. I did different spreads one of which was for the following week and all turned out to be very accurate indeed. My main question was answered in a way I could relate to. Unexpected advice on a separate issue was given by my deceased great-grandfather who I believe brought the deck and I together specifically for this advice. All the reading turned out right without grey areas, confusion or problems with objectivity. I took what the book said as interpretation.

So I thought, would it be good for a seasoned tarot reader to go back to this kind of basics for the purposes of doing a self reading. I mean, deal the cards and take meaning from the book. By removing your own thoughts from the process of interpretation you are thus restoring objectivity. Spirit can convey exactly what they want without misinterpretation. They will choose what you read from the book by leading the cards.

Any thoughts of dis/agreement would be gratefully read as I'm no Tarot expert!
Old 30-06-2006, 10:03 AM
miss_sekhmet

hmmmm, I had a reading a few weeks ago, and the cards we almost left negligent as I was told I was an angel, or rather an angels channel and had a purpose. I did not expect this in the slightest, I was hoping for the meet a man abroad kind of deal. What am I to make of this? The Cards she touched on were the Devil, The High-Priestess, and Judgemet. She seemed surprised and repeatedly told me 'this is deep' and I just didnt know what to say. Any help or any advice on how to take this?

Toni (the one time believer)
Old 31-07-2006, 04:35 AM
pepperi

Talking Hello all!

I personally will tell you that very often I will receive and give messages that the querent will not understand. This happens sometimes when the situation hasn't happened yet or has nothing to do with the querent but someone else very close to them. It doesn't mean that the information was incorrect. Messages aren't always controllable, but sometimes spirit feels that someone else deserves to receive a message more than you. Many times I've gotten readings and usually she brings up my mother! Some people think just because a situation is not going as planned, that automatically they need a reading for further explanation?? In the past seven years of reading, I've seen many of these cases! Anyway of course this is out of my personal experiences and in no way reflect opinions of other tarot readers.
Closed Thread