Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 18-10-2021, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
EXCERPT
He doesn't speculate about things or offer opinions but simply researches historical material and compiles what he finds in a highly readable way.
Sounds like you are sayin that I should stop posting on this thread.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account
where?

I'm not promoting the Spiritualists' National Union's help service over any other body's and would be delighted to learn what the American organisation has to tell us about the history of Modern Spiritualism. It would make a very helpful counterpoint to the Brit. approach.

I'm lost about where to look for it though.....
Old 19-10-2021, 07:01 PM
Master
QUOTE 30 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Paul Gaunt has an encyclopedic knowledge and many years practical experience in the fields of mediumship and Modern Spiritualism.
He doesn't speculate about things or offer opinions but simply researches historical material and compiles what he finds in a highly readable way.
I just got my first e-mail from Paul Gaunt and it looks interesting.
Old 19-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 30 EXCERPT:I just got my first e-mail from Paul Gaunt and it looks interesting.
great job! I do hope you enjoy reading them - there are plenty more to go at when you've finished that one!
Old 11-04-2022, 02:22 AM
Master
The question might be asked "When did Spiritualism begin?"

Probably, a long time ago. Spiritualism and Animism are sometimes used interchangeably. In the Far East, Animism is commonly practiced. In the West, the word seems to be hardly mentioned. I suspect if one can grasp Animism, one can easily grasp Spiritualism. It should be noted that numerous authors have made claims that Animism might be the oldest belief system and many claim remnants of animism can be found basically in all of the religions.

As for the history of Spiritualism, there also appears to be the issue of languages not preserving what happened here and over there, etc.

So, let's examine an account most of us have heard one way or another.

There once was a woman by the name of Hannah. No matter what she did, she could not get pregnant. She asked the Lord for help and promised if he would give her a son, he would serve the Lord for all his days and a razor would never touch his head. Shortly afterwards, she became pregnant and had a son named Samuel saying “Because I asked the Lord for him.” Later, she would say to her husband “After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the Lord, and he will live there always.”

The boy continued to grow. The boy slept in a sacred place in which various religious artifacts resided. Then one night, "the Lord called Samuel". Not once, but three separate times. Samuel thought it was the Lord of that 'Temple' but in reality it was the Lord, God. At that time, Samuel could not recognize God's voice. That morning, the Lord, the head of the 'Temple', asked Samuel what God had told him. Samuel told him everything even though the message was not a pleasant message. The message..... came true shortly aferwards.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 11-04-2022 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:18 PM
Administrator
The only people who can tell you to stop posting on any thread are the Mods or admins.
This forum is a Discussion forum any one can take part.

Namaste
Old 16-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Master
Soon, Samuel was recognized by the people of the land to be a Prophet. There should have been much rejoicing but that did not happen. The reason was, the message that came thru Samuel came true.

For starters, the country's enemy killed 4000 of the country's soldiers. Then the container of the sacred relics which Samuel slept near every night, was taken out and brought to the enemy's camp. At first, the enemy was frighten because of what those relics had done in the past but the enemy regained their composure and then killed 30,000 foot soldiers! At this same time, the relics were captured and the head of the 'temple', his two sons were killed.

Old 16-04-2022, 12:01 PM
Master
QUOTE 37 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Soon, Samuel was recognized by the people of the land to be a Prophet.

What are your thoughts on Samuel? I've been wondering whether he was a really true divinely inspired prophet.

His annointing of Saul as king might not have been the best "divinely inspired" choice.

Samuel's role in the genocide of the Amalekites, including innocent animals and children, has also raised lots of questions.

Even his annointing of David as king has not been without obvious problems (the Uriah/Bathsheba story, for example).

To stay on topic with the theme of Spiritualism, the Witch of Endor story (in which the spirit of Samuel reportedly appeared to Saul) suggests that Saul did NOT rest in peace but was lingering over some of the mess that he himself created in his role as a prophet of Israel.
Old 16-04-2022, 08:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
To stay on topic with the theme of Spiritualism, the Witch of Endor story (in which the spirit of Samuel reportedly appeared to Saul) suggests that Saul did NOT rest in peace but was lingering over some of the mess that he himself created in his role as a prophet of Israel.
Would you please enlarge/explain what all this means. I'm lost...
Old 17-04-2022, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Would you please enlarge/explain what all this means. I'm lost...

There are numerous articles on the Witch of Endor.

https://margmowczko.com/witch-endor-...uel-king-saul/

Briefly, before his passing, the prophet Samuel reportedly told King Saul that God had turned away from him and that Samuel would be annointing another (David) as the next King of Israel.

Before the battle with the Philistines during which both Saul and his sons were killed, Saul went to the Witch of Endor (a medium) to invoke the Spirit of Samuel who reportedly materialized and told Saul about his imminent death.

My personal opinion is that Samuel's spirit lingered because he was the one who had annointed Saul as the first King of Israel and seems to have regretted that choice as Saul was NOT a particularly good king ... which is why Samuel abandoned him and annointed another.