Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Guide
Christ Consciousness

I couldn't find a link for this on here. I am interested to learn more about this e.g. from someone who believes and practises it. (I have reservations about Christianity e.g. being an orthodox religion.)

I came across this definition of it in Yogapedia...
'Although Christ Consciousness is not intended to relate solely to the personality of Jesus Christ, its combination of Christian language with Eastern religious and philosophical concepts make it a controversial term to some.'
Old 23-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Elfin

Hi sweet.... I would say "go with the flow of what you believe in your heart"....
There are no "rights and wrongs".... X
Old 23-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi sweet.... I would say "go with the flow of what you believe in your heart"....
There are no "rights and wrongs".... X
Yes I know that but am still interested to find out more about Christ Consciousness. I resonated strongly with Jesus when I was deeply in love, homeless and....for a while...shoeless too! I had nothing but I was rich....i.e. I had everything that mattered.
Old 23-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Yes I know that but am still interested to find out more about Christ Consciousness. I resonated strongly with Jesus when I was deeply in love, homeless and....for a while...shoeless too!
...It's complex... No 2 experiences are the same.
But what I do know is this...
We cannot MAKE it happen...
Things just happen ...
Whether we believe it is another matter !!!

Come the time that we want to know, and need to find out out.. we will.

But we have to ask...
Old 23-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Guide
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
...It's complex... No 2 experiences are the same.
But what I do know is this...
We cannot MAKE it happen...
Yes I agree about the spontaneity. So....is that what Christ Consciousness is then i.e. an altered state of consciousness? I thought it might have a philosophy/teaching/path etc.
Old 23-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Yes I agree about the spontaneity. So....is that what Christ Consciousness is then i.e. an altered state of consciousness? I thought it might have a philosophy/teaching/path etc.
... Again.. it depends upon ones circumstance..
And please , this is only my own way of thinking, and in no way a "given"...( Elfin disclaimer alert !!!!!)....
And it's not just to do with Christ ... But everything !!
I believe that for all of us, as individuals , there will be a "time and place " when the "penny drops" for all of us... In whatever way that may be....
So really, I'm not of much help !!!!!!!
Old 23-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Elfin

...so sorry... All i meant was that the door will "not open" until we are ready for it too open...and then we step through it...
Old 23-03-2021, 02:42 PM
Wowee, are there ever a lot of books on Christ Consciousness!
I just googled it.
I eliminated my suggestion of the book Cosmic Consciousness.

There is an instituteofchristconsciousness
and divinitycodes.com

Both very good, I checked them out.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
I couldn't find a link for this on here. I am interested to learn more about this e.g. from someone who believes and practises it. (I have reservations about Christianity e.g. being an orthodox religion.)

I came across this definition of it in Yogapedia...
'Although Christ Consciousness is not intended to relate solely to the personality of Jesus Christ, its combination of Christian language with Eastern religious and philosophical concepts make it a controversial term to some.'

I will try to approach this from a different angle which seems consistent with your quote on this subject from Yogapedia.

The Korean Zen master Seung Sahn, wrote in his book ("Wanting Enlightenment ... is a Big Mistake):

"When you're thinking about something,your mind and my mind are different. when you cut off all thinking, your mind, my mind,and everybody's mind are the same; god's mind,Buddha's mind, Christ's mind ....". Christ's mind corresponds to the understanding of many in the east regarding the nature of "Christ Consciousness".

There are only two passages in the Judaic-Christian scriptures of which I can think which specifically direct one regarding how to "see" or "know" God (Christ-consciousness).

1. Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall "see" God. (Beatitudes)

2. Be still and know that I AM God. (Psalms 46:10)

Both point to the stillness/purity-of-heart.

Since you are drawn to Jesus, look at Luke 2:52 ("And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.") My sense is that Jesus "grew in wisdom"and attuned to the Christ Consciousness. This is consistent with the positions of many (not all) Christian pastors and suggests the attunement of Jesus to the Christ Consciousness.

That is what I believe and also what I practice. I hope that this may be helpful in some way in addressing your question.
Old 23-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Oh you reminded Still_Waters --
in a message from Jesus in, "The Way of Mastery", he says:
Sit 5 min a day, practice as an infinite creator - play with what it would feel like to sit in a chair as a Christ.
Italics in the book. Page 114.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru