Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-02-2023, 02:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I'm always really curious as to our human reason for being here on this earth as humans at this moment in time. Do you perhaps happen to maybe know what the reason is?
Hi... As far as I'm aware we are here through choice to learn lessons and grow . In order to do that we need to experience "life" with all its ups and downs and we don't always succeed in doing that.
Each individual will have a different reason for being here , but this is only my own humble opinion and I could be very wrong.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yep. What's true...
... harmless and beneficial.
Yeah No worries. I also like the book and I have no clue who or what I am.
I'm just glad there is someone in the whole universe I can talk to about this. So thanks for sharing your thoughts on it. Appreciate it.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:15 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I'm always really curious as to our human reason for being here on this earth as humans at this moment in time. Do you perhaps happen to maybe know what the reason is?
I will make your one question into two:

1. What is the reason of our being here?: IMHO, no one knows. Science may tell us something about it in a few decades or centuries.

2. Now that we are here, what reason should we live for?: Propagation of our species. Which means we should care for our family, society, country and the whole world, in that order. In Hinduism, doing that is known as our duty (dharma).
Old 22-02-2023, 02:20 PM
Master

@Aupmanyav.....I like your question #2.. And really the answer is in the question.
There HAS to be a reason , a purpose , or there would be no point to anything.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi... As far as I'm...
... I could be very wrong.
Hi, I wish you all the best. thanks for sharing your thoughts on that.

Oh, the ups and downs haha. it makes everything feel so fake and illusionary. I'd like to see beyond duality and appearances. Maybe that is my purpose. Maybe I did choose that. But I certainly don't remember.

But your perspective does give hope. "maybe if I can remember the real! the nondual."

but then again, for every upside of hope there is a downside of doubt.

I seek knowledge. And for me, the highest knowledge is existence. But knowing existence? woah... It is more difficult than I could have ever imagined or predicted. There is not even one single thing that is simply existence. Not even time and space. All things keep changing.

My journey towards nonduality is accompanied by infinite pararox. Which I wish it wasn't sometimes. But there is still that part of me that believes it all has a purpose as you say. Maybe in paradox, I am right in between all dualities, firmly where all my power is. Maybe I need to rest into paradox. Like "be the awareness that is at the center of all paradox/oppositions/dualities/things."

Trust me, I very often know allot less than you do. Confusion is often who I am.

Wish you the best. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If I had to say a 'how', I probably go with the Ramana approach of always returning the attention to the self, relentlessly, persistently... there might be more to it and I'd go ahead and read up on it a bit, but Ramana's way makes sense to me.
IMHO, Ramana way is a good starter but it does not lead one anywhere.

For that one could take help of science. We are a bundle of molecules which has come about because of sex between our parents. We are programed to procreate and sustain a new generation before the functions of the body cease and these molecules disperse in the environment.
So much so for the mystery. :)
Old 22-02-2023, 02:34 PM
Master

Ewwerrin.... I don't think we are meant to remember !!!!! And that's the frustrating part.
I get very impatient too with wanting answers answers answers and I want them NOW.
But I don't think it works like that. And heaven knows I have raised my voice to the heavens more than once and told them where to go !!!! But that's because I have no patience and I sometimes felt as though they were dangling a carrot in front of me !!!!
It has taken me several decades to finally "get it " LOL...
Old 22-02-2023, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav
1. What is the reason of our being here?: IMHO, no one knows. Science may tell us something about it in a few decades or centuries.
Thank you. I really hope with all my heart that science cracks the code of consciousness. So that we may finally know way more easily who we really are and what and why and what for.
It is my greatest dream. I hope that science can one day create a consciousness that can reflect back to us who we really are. It would make me so happy to finally know who I am and finally make peace with myself! oh I wish it so much!

But all my greatest dreams always has a way of either delaying or evolving into a greater more impossible dream. But I cannot live without these hopes. They give me something worth waiting for, worth looking forward to. It makes the future not so dark. Feels like a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully a real one.

I don't care if maybe an angel comes down and reveals my true nature to me. Or an extra terrestrial, lol.

That reminds me, I should try some more channeling maybe I'll have some succes with it. Sometimes it feels like I am receiving something valuable. I need SOME hope. I really do.
Old 22-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Ewwerrin.... I don't...
... to finally "get it " LOL...
You finally got it?
What did you finally get?!

Or do you mean, you finally got it that you're not suppose to remember?
Old 22-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Master

Wink

Quote:
You finally got it?
What did you finally get?!

Or do you mean, you finally got it that you're not suppose to remember?
LOL....I finally got to see how it works !!!!

An awakening saw to that .
The day that I "woke up " and saw everything through different eyes !!
And that's when life became even MORE complex and confusing ....