Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 14-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Achilles

Theres plenty , its a spiritual website
Old 15-09-2011, 01:12 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Theres plenty , its a spiritual website

You don't understand what 'Spiritualists' are....

A 'Spiritualist' (you're in the forum Religions & Faiths, Spiritualism) is someone who subscribes to the philosophy, science and religion (in the UK) of Spiritualism.
Old 15-09-2011, 03:07 AM
mattie

Spiritualism Definitions

Spiritualism is defined on my computer’s dictionary as, ‘monotheistic belief system or religion, postulating a belief in God but not an anthropomorphic one.’

‘Monotheism ... is the belief in the existence of one god,[1] as distinguished from polytheism, the belief in more than one god, and atheism, the absence of belief in any god. Monotheism is characteristic of the Baha'i Faith, Christianity, Druzism, Judaism, Islam, Samaritanism, Sikhism[2] and Zoroastrianism.’

‘pantheism ... a doctrine that identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.’
Old 15-09-2011, 04:03 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Spiritualism is defined on my computer’s dictionary as, ‘monotheistic belief system or religion, postulating a belief in God but not an anthropomorphic one.’

‘Monotheism ... is the belief in the existence of one god,[1] as distinguished from polytheism, the belief in more than one god, and atheism, the absence of belief in any god. Monotheism is characteristic of the Baha'i Faith, Christianity, Druzism, Judaism, Islam, Samaritanism, Sikhism[2] and Zoroastrianism.’

‘pantheism ... a doctrine that identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.’

Would that be your Funk and Wagnall's?

To save you pointlessly expending mental energy next time, just trust little mac about Modern Spiritualism, would you?

Most of us can use dictionaries, you know, but actually understanding what you're talking about is far more meaningful in this instance....

When you've learned something about this topic that mac doesn't know then you'll be able to come and explain it all....
Old 15-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Knower

A troll or not a troll that is the question.....
Old 25-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Shining Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
just wodered and what 'got you into it' for want of a better phrase,were you brought up with it or are you just discovering it??

I am a 3rd generation Spiritualist
Old 26-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Serenity Bear

Mattie

It continues to amaze me that some call themselves Spiritualist when they dont know what the religion etc is.

Google the fox sisters, hydesville, etc etc.

Spiritualism is a recognised religion that started on 31 March 1848, anything else isnt Spiritualism, but spirituality.
Old 27-09-2011, 05:49 AM
primrose

I consider myself a Spiritualist, I used to go to a Spiritualist Church on Sunday evenings. It's been a few years now since I've gone to any Church. I got interested in this after a medium came to me and said she had a message from my grandmother with some information for me, it turned out to be right on.I did'nt know this medium it was in a public place she said she felt compelled to approach me.
Old 27-09-2011, 06:17 AM
glenos

Yep, me too. I was on my local church committee at 18. I'm 55 now (ouch)

G
Old 27-09-2011, 07:34 AM
mattie

Link??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
... I wrote an article and made a diary about my beliefs for BBC Faith website - have a look if you get a chance and are interested.

The link would be useful.