Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 02-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Perhaps while we're waiting for channeling practitioners to tell us exactly what 'channeling' is for them, you might want to explain what it means to you as a layperson?
I'm not sure.It's just a term.
For me channeling is when you open a channel between you and something else,in order for infos (or anything else) to flow back and forth.
Something like a telephone line.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I'm not sure.It's just a term.
It's why I asked.
Quote:
For me channeling is when you open a channel between you and something else,in order for infos (or anything else) to flow back and forth.
Something like a telephone line.
something else - or someone else?
Old 02-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Master

Channeling: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/channeling
Quote:
the practice of professedly entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

quote, bobjob: "There must be channelers reading this forum so might I ask, please, that you guys explain exactly what you mean, exactly what you do, when you channel?"
Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:
quote, bobjob: "There must be channelers reading this forum so might I ask, please, that you guys explain exactly what you mean, exactly what you do, when you channel?"
I am channeling my inner guidance, and I pretty much agree with that definition.

Dan, the word 'channeling' makes no difference to this thread's question. It is about paranormal communication.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I am channeling my inner guidance, and I pretty much agree with that definition.
Am I right in thinking there's a channel through which your spirit guide guides you? Do you actively work to provide that channel or is it just innate?
Quote:
Dan, the word 'channeling' makes no difference to this thread's question. It is about paranormal communication.
The question asked was "If we can channel dead people why wouldn't we be able to channel living people."
I'd guess the questioner meant incarnates when he said "living people"so by definition "...entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide." doesn't appear to cover that situation unless one sees "living people" as spirit guides. Possible I suppose.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Am I right in thinking there's a channel through which your spirit guide guides you? Do you actively work to provide that channel or is it just innate?
The question asked was "If we can channel dead people why wouldn't we be able to channel living people."
I'd guess the questioner meant incarnates when he said "living people"so by definition "...entering a meditative or trancelike state in order to convey messages from a spiritual guide." doesn't appear to cover that situation unless one sees "living people" as spirit guides. Possible I suppose.
Everybody gets guidance all the time, but many people aren't aware of it. Some of that guidance they follow, considering it a hunch, an inspiration, or something else, the rest of it is ignored.

Everybody can get conscious access to their inner guidance, with no innate qualities. After a little practice, you access it in a matter of seconds, anywhere and anytime. Surely, you have to always be careful to minimize the distortions your beliefs and emotions introduce, otherwise it becomes an exercise in imagination (noting wrong with imagination when you are aware of it).

You can "channel" non-physical-only awarenesses (among them dead people too), as you can (paranormally) contact a physical manifestation of any non-physical awareness (among them living humans too). The difference is that non-physical awarenesses operate using their non-physical senses, while physical manifestations at some level use only physical senses, their non-physical selves seem separate to them (although they aren't).

Not sure where you want to go with your questions. It seems that you have a point that eludes me.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Everybody gets guidance all the time, but many people aren't aware of it. Some of that guidance they follow, considering it a hunch, an inspiration, or something else, the rest of it is ignored.
Would that be considered 'channeling'?
Quote:
Everybody can get conscious access to their inner guidance, with no innate qualities. After a little practice, you access it in a matter of seconds, anywhere and anytime. Surely, you have to always be careful to minimize the distortions your beliefs and emotions introduce, otherwise it becomes an exercise in imagination (noting wrong with imagination when you are aware of it).
That's 'channeling' too then???
Quote:
You can "channel" non-physical-only awarenesses (among them dead people too), as you can (paranormally) contact a physical manifestation of any non-physical awareness (among them living humans too). The difference is that non-physical awarenesses operate using their non-physical senses, while physical manifestations at some level use only physical senses, their non-physical selves seem separate to them (although they aren't).t sure where you want to go with your questions. It seems that you have a point that eludes me.
Oh my point was simple. "There must be channelers reading this forum so might I ask, please, that you guys explain exactly what you mean, exactly what you do, when you channel?"
You explained earlier what you do - thank you. I hope to hear from other channelers.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:55 PM
Deactivated Account
As a wider context, I'm more familiar with mediumship than I am with channeling and wanted to improve my understanding of the differences - often they appear similar to me but I guess that's wrong.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

Channeling -

- Form of Mediumship
- The source of the information is perceived to be different from the conscious self
- Sources can be no physical beings – Angles – Nature Spirits – Totem Spirits – Guardian Sprits ( Guides ) – Deities – Demons – ET’s – and Spirits of the dead – Higher Self
- Done in a disassociated state of consciousness
- Medium may or may not be aware of what is said or experienced
- Through history this form of Mediumship has come in and out of acceptance

Clairaudience –

- Hearing sounds – music – voices – not audible to normal hearing
- Term comes from the French meaning “Clear Hearing”
- Often experienced in dream state and related stages of consciousness
- Many times it’s a whispered message from a voice that is unknown

Clairsentience –

- Super physical sense perception
- Connection on the level of smell – touch – taste – emotions – and even physical sensations experience ( travel to event and re living it )
- May register on an internal or external level

Clairvoyance –

- Perception of current object – events – people that are not discerned through normal senses
- The seeing might manifest internal or external visions or seeing of images that then must be interpreted
- On the Astral Level – seeing other Worlds or beings

Direct-Voice Mediumship –

- Method of spirit communications where spirit talks directly to an audience using the voice box of the Medium
- At times the voice might seem to come from a space near to the Medium

Intuition –

- Clear and direct knowing from within
- Most often referred to as being a “HUNCH”
- Knowing something without the knowledge of why or how
- Gut feelings – tingles of the skin – feeling weighted down – or hearing the inner voice spoken are signs of an intuitive message being given
- Gives one the avoidance feeling at times around others or saturations
- Derive solutions to problems at times or connection to the divine

Precognition –
- The direct knowing of the future – through extraordinary means
- Happens spontaneously in “waking visions” and thoughts that flash suddenly into the mind
- Can also be introduced via trance – channeling – Mediumship – divination

Prediction –

- Prophecy – information on future events obtained by reading signs
- From Mediumship its information received from spirit or beings that show the possible path of your or someone’s future
- For Mediums the OUTCOME from a missing persons case before the facts are presented

Premonition-

- Sense of forewarning or foreboding of probable future event
- Comes in with a sickly feeling of unease or anxiety
- Tend to occur before accidents – disasters – and other emotionally charged events
- For Mediums it’s the “seeing” of the final outcome – i.e. body found before it’s even reported openly

Prophecy –

- Divinely inspired vision or revolution of great events to come
- Information comes from a divine source or higher power
- In Religion prophecy is made by prophets whom have been divinely choosen to share the information i.e. Jesus – Buddha

Psychic Reading – Mediumship Reading

- The ability to answer questions asked
- Communications with Loved one’s passed on
- The finding of missing persons and objects
- At times giving insights to what is to come to pass

Remote Viewing –
- Seeing remote or hidden objects with the inner eye
- Out of body travel to an event or death
- Using all the 5 senses in the out of body state
- Also called “travelling clairvoyance”

For me being able to work and read the living as well as the dead, its a fine line with both and respects and boundaries with permissions in place. Its a huge invasion to read someone without permissions in both forms of being.

Yes I can read most anyone but NO I will not do it openly as its rude. I do not like it done to me and I am very guarded in doing it to others.

What I have put here is how I came to learn the break down of different levels of what I call the Paranormal Realms we can all walk in. I do not go to say I am right or wrong its just how I see it.

Like when I do a reading for a living person I only go on the surface of their energy unless I am asked for a deeper level of an answer. Many times my presence is felt by the one getting the reading and I always put it out there whom I am and that I have permissions in place.

Lynn