Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
earthprowler

i was on the ortho-trycyclin for at least 12 years. i never had any problems what so ever. it cleared up my complexion, helped with weight control and regularity, i could tell you to the hour and day of when i was going to start like clockwork. the things I've heard about that Yaz scares the beejeeses out of me! good lord!
Old 14-11-2010, 03:43 AM
iolite

You should read up on iodine. Iodine receptors are found in every part of the body, including the reproductive organs, not just the thyroid. Painful periods, heavy periods with clots are a sign of iodine deficiency. Do you have FBD (fibrocystic breast disease)? That is another sign of iodine deficiency. Some links for more information:

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html
http://www.iodine4health.com
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml
Dr. David Brownstein "Iodine, Why you need it, Why you can't live without it" (amazon has it)

When you are deficient in iodine, other lighter halides like bromide and flouride can attach themselves to the iodine receptors causing many health issues. Detoxing out the bromides and becoming iodinated will help restore balance to your hormones and make your periods lighter and easier.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima
Thank you a lot for your answers, guys. My gyno said that my reaction to the pills is extreme, that I stop taking them immediately, and that she will give me some non-hormonal therapy for my menstrual pain instead.

One more question: Did any of you suffer bad withdrawal? How do you flush the birth control out of your system sooner? I know I've been only on the pill for a week to begin with, but yesterday night I had a panic attack where I had an unbearable headache, my heart was racing, and it was hard to breathe. Also my jaw is numb and hard to move since then. I AM depressed, but I never have panic attacks or anything similar. I also read how it can take 3 or more months for it to be fully out of the system. I hope I start feeling better sooner than later.

Anima

It can take up to three months for the entire mediation out of your system. It can also take up to 6 weeks for your periods to start again let alone become regular. WHat you described was a panic attack and nothing to do with the pill so i wouldnt worry. It couldnt cause that to happen (if you are really worried the doctor is the person to ask). I will say that if you already suffer with depression then going on the pill will certainly not help as they can cause depression. One of the pills i have been on (and there have been a few if you read my previous post) caused my depression to go all over the place. It made my relationship more difficult because i was so depressed (and the fact my ex was a *insert explecitive here* ). I would just advise be really aware of your emotional state and take note of things that are out of the ordinary. For me i know mine is getting bad when i stop singing....i know that sounds crazy but when im happy and ok i will sing all the time whether there is music or not, but when my depression is getting the better of me it stops. I hope this helps a bit.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Knower
Update: I am still rather ill, but I'm feeling slightly better. At least I don't feel like I am not myself anymore. I started taking Primrose Oil pill therapy which is supposed to help with all the things pill usually help with - acne, PMS, menstural pain - only without the contraceptive effect. It's funny how many non-hormonal therapies you find once you actually look for them. I am very hopeful. I came to a conclusion that messing with your hormones if they are normal is something to avoid at all cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i was on the ortho-trycyclin for at least 12 years. i never had any problems what so ever. it cleared up my complexion, helped with weight control and regularity, i could tell you to the hour and day of when i was going to start like clockwork. the things I've heard about that Yaz scares the beejeeses out of me! good lord!

No kidding. I joined a "survivor forum" and there are lots of people like me that only used it for a few days and have the exact same problems, even if they were perfect health-wise previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
You should read up on iodine. Iodine receptors are found in every part of the body, including the reproductive organs, not just the thyroid. Painful periods, heavy periods with clots are a sign of iodine deficiency. Do you have FBD (fibrocystic breast disease)? That is another sign of iodine deficiency. Some links for more information:

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html
http://www.iodine4health.com
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml
Dr. David Brownstein "Iodine, Why you need it, Why you can't live without it" (amazon has it)

When you are deficient in iodine, other lighter halides like bromide and flouride can attach themselves to the iodine receptors causing many health issues. Detoxing out the bromides and becoming iodinated will help restore balance to your hormones and make your periods lighter and easier.

Thanks for the info, iolite, I will definitely look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
It can take up to three months for the entire mediation out of your system. It can also take up to 6 weeks for your periods to start again let alone become regular. WHat you described was a panic attack and nothing to do with the pill so i wouldnt worry. It couldnt cause that to happen (if you are really worried the doctor is the person to ask). I will say that if you already suffer with depression then going on the pill will certainly not help as they can cause depression. One of the pills i have been on (and there have been a few if you read my previous post) caused my depression to go all over the place. It made my relationship more difficult because i was so depressed (and the fact my ex was a *insert explecitive here* ). I would just advise be really aware of your emotional state and take note of things that are out of the ordinary. For me i know mine is getting bad when i stop singing....i know that sounds crazy but when im happy and ok i will sing all the time whether there is music or not, but when my depression is getting the better of me it stops. I hope this helps a bit.

Actually, I read stories of other people who were using Yaz/Yasmine, and it seems panic attack during the use or withdrawal are very common, even in the cases where the person wasn't prone to depression. But yeah, thanks for your advices, Lostgirl. Music thing is true for me too. When I am happy, I annoy the hell out of people by singing all the time, hehe.

Anima
Old 16-11-2010, 02:42 AM
PrincessKLS

Quote:
I wanted to open the discussion on birth control pills since I started using them a few days ago because of the period pain which would make me end up on ER every month. I don't like using any pills, but I am desperate and my gynocologist said that that's the only thing that would help.

I am suffering from gastritis, inflammation of intestines, gallbladder "sand", and depression (not taking any pills for the conditions), and I am slightly overweight, so I have to be extra cautious on them. My doctor prescribed Yaz, and upon reading the horror stories online on Yasmine and Yaz because of the special progesterone drospirenone only they contain, I am wondering if I should change the brand. So far it makes me feel really out of sorts on all levels. Disconnected somehow. It's hard to tell the symptoms apart from my usual daily pain, but I think I am experiencing foggy headache, numbness, tingles and shakes of body, short stabbing pain in random body parts, especially joints. I decided to give it a bit more time to see if my body adjusts, but I am not liking it so far.

I know people act individually to pills, but here are some general questions:

How do they effect you physically, mentally and spiritually? Short term, long term?

Are there some that were really bad for you, and some that worked well? Which types would you recommend?

Anima

I've tried some birth control pills for period, depression, and acne as well as hormone issues and I found they had a bad effect on me, IDK if they were effective against me getting pregnant since I'm virgin but when I do start having sex I'll probably use an IUD or Depo provera shot. It sounds like to me if you are going to use pills for your pains, bc isn't the way to go. I'm not a medical expert but I don't think bc is effective against stomach problem. If you hate taking pills try alternative ways and medicines.

But personally, I'm not against holistic minded people using bc pills because if you aren't ready for children but desire to have sex and have the offers available to you, than the rythm method is your most natural option and it's not very foolproof, so in this case, some type of pharmasceutical birth control is best.
Old 16-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS
I've tried some birth control pills for period, depression, and acne as well as hormone issues and I found they had a bad effect on me, IDK if they were effective against me getting pregnant since I'm virgin but when I do start having sex I'll probably use an IUD or Depo provera shot. It sounds like to me if you are going to use pills for your pains, bc isn't the way to go. I'm not a medical expert but I don't think bc is effective against stomach problem. If you hate taking pills try alternative ways and medicines.

I would suggest you research depo provera very very VERY thoroughly. The horror stories I have heard...ugh. Just don't go there.

Old 16-11-2010, 05:41 AM
PrincessKLS

I know it doesn't work for everyone but I know with my sister, it's worked wonders, but she's kind of infertile anyway but right now she's searching for a more permanent solution.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:28 AM
SunSister

I put off taking that pill for as long as was humanly possible, but ended up taking it because of the stomachache I had during my period. It's not normal to end up crawling on the floor in pain during that time, let alone to have contraction-like aches working their way through your system, so after trying every possibility I asked my doctor for the pill. There are almost no cramps anymore and I can now live my life with my period instead of put everything on hold for it. An added bonus is that it has influenced my deep lows and high ups to become more 'even', so I don't have major moodswings unless I pick up on something through empathy. I don't have a tendency to get depressed anymore thanks to that little pill.

Thing is, these pills work differently for everyone. I have heard horror stories and I have heard from girls who tried virtually every pill because no pill worked the way they wanted it to. I was lucky that my doctor got the pill right the very first time I visited. He checks up on it every once in a while to make sure I'm still happy and am not suffering from any side-effects. I'm probably one of the very, very lucky few who can be genuinely positive about the effect it has had on my life.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Lostgirl

Quote:

Actually, I read stories of other people who were using Yaz/Yasmine, and it seems panic attack during the use or withdrawal are very common, even in the cases where the person wasn't prone to depression. But yeah, thanks for your advices, Lostgirl. Music thing is true for me too. When I am happy, I annoy the hell out of people by singing all the time, hehe.

Anima

I had no idea :) You learn something new everyday.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS
I know it doesn't work for everyone but I know with my sister, it's worked wonders, but she's kind of infertile anyway but right now she's searching for a more permanent solution.

I'm not talking about it not working, I'm talking about non-stop bleeding, intense personality changes, pain, etc. Do your research independent of what your doctor tells you.