Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 23-02-2012, 08:54 PM
merrie

Question Can anyone explain "Gatekeeper"?

Can anyone explain "Gatekeeper"?

Is that a special guide or can your regular guide be your gatekeeper?

Thanks,

Merrie
Old 23-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Ascender
Well suposly they are a type of guide who helps protect the "door" to your unconchus. I dont know mine personly (serpriznly) but they help controle who and what goes in and out of that door. They can also help if you make a shild like if you were to do a tarot reading as an example, you can have them protect your shild have have them open it up to thoughs you want to enter.

So in a cents, they are a gaurd of your "gate" to your unconchus and to the other world. I even heard some people say, if you are not ready they will deny you of enterance. Im not sure if this is true or not. Like I said, I dont know mine. But some say that your main guide may also be your gate keeper. That I am not sure, but I can see it as a posabilaty.

Bless Be<3
Old 23-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Occultist

GateKeeper is not a guide unless it means something different in the Wiccan community then the Witch one. Gatekeeper is either keeping the viel between the dead and the living and also keeping the viel between this world and the Fae.
There a very strong spirit they have to be they are like Soldiers keeping things the way there supposed to be.
When I wish to commune with the dead or ask for assistance from the Fae I will leave a offering for the Gatekeeper that allowed this interaction to begin with. Hope this sort of explains what there purpose is and what they are a little better.
Old 23-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Master
I'm really iffy about the term "gatekeeper."
I've heard some sources say gatekeepers are these special guides who control which energies and entities enter your field, but I don't know. I would assume all of your guides (especially your main) would have a part in this, but some people claim to have these specific entities present for the sole purpose of "guarding" your energy field.

I mean, I'm sure there are lots of various "jobs" that guides do, but in regard to gatekeepers, you still get people who end up with less-evolved entities attaching to them because we are the ultimate authority over who or what enters our field. If we're feeling vulnerable, our boundaries weaken. Our guides can't really do much about that other than advise us to lighten our thoughts.

So what happens if we DO get a negative attachment? Does this "gatekeeper" just stand there and let us deal with it? Does it say, "Oh, this is for your own growth and development"?

Who knows. Other than using the term "main guide," I really don't bother with trying to label spirit companions based on their job.

Old 23-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Neville

He/She even an animal energy. Is the door person who acts like the anti virus and firewall on a computer, which stops things that are not good for you coming in to your awareness.

Mines a Massai Warrior replete with Spear and Sheild, named Kuonomi...I call him Colin.. We don't talk much, though he does give me a wry glance from time to time.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Enya

'Gatekeeper' is a term often used by spiritualists to lable the spirit who acts as a bouncer, keeping out unwanted spirits or influences. This doesn't mean that *no* negative or icky experiences will ever come your way, as those called in by your thoughts/intent or for your higher learning may be admitted access.
Old 24-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Master
One of my spirits is my gatekeeper. She says who can come in. Being new to this, I guess she thought I needed help. LOL! Even when I allowed more to come through, Emily was the one to decide who. Cool!
Old 24-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Nothing111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
I'm really iffy about the term "gatekeeper."
I've heard some sources say gatekeepers are these special guides who control which energies and entities enter your field, but I don't know. I would assume all of your guides (especially your main) would have a part in this, but some people claim to have these specific entities present for the sole purpose of "guarding" your energy field.

I mean, I'm sure there are lots of various "jobs" that guides do, but in regard to gatekeepers, you still get people who end up with less-evolved entities attaching to them because we are the ultimate authority over who or what enters our field. If we're feeling vulnerable, our boundaries weaken. Our guides can't really do much about that other than advise us to lighten our thoughts.

So what happens if we DO get a negative attachment? Does this "gatekeeper" just stand there and let us deal with it? Does it say, "Oh, this is for your own growth and development"?

Who knows. Other than using the term "main guide," I really don't bother with trying to label spirit companions based on their job.

Interesting, i was just thinking about this and almost started a separate thread on the subject..
Unfortunately my poor little energy field is trashed right now, so I've been experiencing a lot of negative attachments lately. I can see what's going on pretty well, and so far it seems like when I ask for help and protection, usually from the arch angels (Michael in particular), help does come but is unable to erradicate the issue. The angels, and sometimes a white swan (my totem animal) will come out and fight the things off, push and pull them away, etc. but the negative beings just come right back, usually stronger than before. I've been able to work with my helpers an focus my energy enough to create a bubble of protection, keeping the negs pushed back about five or ten feet away from me, but it required A LOT of energy, and CONSTANT focus. If I tried to take a cigarette break, or even respond when someone spoke to me, it'd break the focus and I'd have to start all over again. It was extremely exhausting. With my defenses being weak, keeping the wolves at bay s a constant, uphill battle.
However, this has raised some questions..
Are the Arch angels not strong enough to battle these demons without the basic defense system of a healthy aura around a person? Or do they just choose not to so that I will learn from this and try to make some changes?
Am I seeing what's really happening, or are the negative beings showing me images of the arch angels being overpowered as a part of their trickery?
I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts, advise, or related experiences. Thanks :
Old 26-02-2012, 02:23 AM
CaramelDancer

Just another perspective for you merrie...

In Native American traditions, there are Gatekeepers for each of the 4 Cardinal directions; where Eagle/Wabun is the Gatekeeper of the East/Air, Shawnodese/Coyote(mouse in some traditions) is the Gatekeeper of the South/Fire, Mujeekewis/Grizzly Bear is the Gatekeeper of the West/Water, and Waboose/White Buffalo is the Gatekeeper of the North. Traditionally, you can call on these Gatekeepers to offer their elemental and directional wisdom to you as you travel the Medicine Wheel through the seasons and through life.

So there's another meaning of Gatekeeper for ya.~
Old 26-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing111
Interesting, i was just thinking about this and almost started a separate thread on the subject..
Unfortunately my poor little energy field is trashed right now, so I've been experiencing a lot of negative attachments lately. I can see what's going on pretty well, and so far it seems like when I ask for help and protection, usually from the arch angels (Michael in particular), help does come but is unable to erradicate the issue. The angels, and sometimes a white swan (my totem animal) will come out and fight the things off, push and pull them away, etc. but the negative beings just come right back, usually stronger than before. I've been able to work with my helpers an focus my energy enough to create a bubble of protection, keeping the negs pushed back about five or ten feet away from me, but it required A LOT of energy, and CONSTANT focus. If I tried to take a cigarette break, or even respond when someone spoke to me, it'd break the focus and I'd have to start all over again. It was extremely exhausting. With my defenses being weak, keeping the wolves at bay s a constant, uphill battle.
However, this has raised some questions..
Are the Arch angels not strong enough to battle these demons without the basic defense system of a healthy aura around a person? Or do they just choose not to so that I will learn from this and try to make some changes?
Am I seeing what's really happening, or are the negative beings showing me images of the arch angels being overpowered as a part of their trickery?
I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts, advise, or related experiences. Thanks :

See, that's the thing. I've never had an experience with a negative/less-evolved entity, even though I work with spirit. So I'm incredibly interested in those who do have these supposed attachments. Normally when I think of these people, they end up having emotional issues or some sort of addiction or weakness that makes them vulnerable to such attachments. But if we're talking "light versus dark" then I'm pretty sure "light" would overpower "dark," so there has to be another factor coming into play. Is this part of your growth? Do you need to learn a lesson regarding self-confidence or personal power? I don't know. I really can't speak from experience on this one, so I can only relay what my gut feels. I was never one to believe in "demons" but less-evolved entities really are drawn to those with the conditions I listed above.