Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 09-07-2011, 12:52 AM
not human

The Subconcious Mind : Love it or Leave it

Hi I have explored different modallities in the distant past that attempted to explore & clear the subconcious / reactive mind with the overall purpose of freedom from abhorent thoughts & patterns & a long term plan of liberation or what is termed clearing.
I read L. Ron Hubbards Dienetics in my early 20's before Scientology got such a bad rap & at the time it seemed like a noble quest to take steps to rehabilitate the subconcious in order to get closer to knowing who we are by getting rid of considerations & thoughts of who we weren't & to me that still rings true.
Recently on going through a rough patch I reached out & had a few sessions with a therapist that appeared to be operating on the same basis of trying to handle the reactive mind. Now please don't get me wrong the reasons I stuck with this kind of work initially is that there are benifits, in particular when you need to handle very basic patterns that are affecting your own survival, having explored other areas in the last few years like zen & meditation I have come to question the long term attributes of working to try to rehabilitate the subconcious mind at all.
The main sticking point I have is that the job at hand appears endless, the goal of reaching a point of being clear of abhoration is not achievable as not only would you have to clear your own subconcious but being hooked up to the grid of mass conciousness you would then have to clear that as well.
Also I have seen people get stuck & go a bit nutty when working in this area because of the very can of worms nature of it.
Please be aware that I am communicating this from my own experiences & you may feel that I am totally off target with my observations but I would be interested in getting some viewpoints on this as I haven't seen this subject broached. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by not human : 09-07-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Master
The mind as also with the consciousness mind is just thoughts, surface thoughts, below thoughts, all thoughts are just that, thoughts, these thoughts are what conditions us and also programs us to who we believe we are. These thoughts are just like shadows, shine the light from within and they disappear, the light being our true being. When we mediate and enter the Silence within, the thoughts or shadows can arise trying to take us away from this Silence, but from the tower of Silence we can just watch the shadows moving on the surface of the mind, after some so called time these shadows will start to dissolve by simply not recognizing them anymore, if we try to get ride of them we only give them power, see them as they are, illusions and they will simply disappear.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The mind as also with the consciousness mind is just thoughts, surface thoughts, below thoughts, all thoughts are just that, thoughts, these thoughts are what conditions us and also programs us to who we believe we are. These thoughts are just like shadows, shine the light from within and they disappear, the light being our true being. When we mediate and enter the Silence within, the thoughts or shadows can arise trying to take us away from this Silence, but from the tower of Silence we can just watch the shadows moving on the surface of the mind, after some so called time these shadows will start to dissolve by simply not recognizing them anymore, if we try to get ride of them we only give then power, see them as they are, illusions and they will simply disappear.

Good point bro ...ps your mate needs a good meal :)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
He He, yea his my Guru.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:25 AM
not human

You totally need to pay him more :)
Old 09-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Master
It's always put forth as an answer... then the listener takes it as a belief... but observe what is there, like psycho said, the patterned thought which makes us belieive who we are... surely these reactive elements lie unseen and as such are called 'subconscious'.

The observation that this is the way it is remains despite allusions to some other answer.

What one does is remain still and silent and observe the mind, the thoughts, the feelings of emotion and the sensations of the body, not as like 'I am watching this', but more like 'there is a simple awareness of this' and there thoughts unravel and bring all feelings with them, but noone is there to react adversely to the worst or with desire to retain the most pleasent things, and in that awareness things are allowed to pass... as they inevitably will.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:44 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's always put forth as an answer... then the listener takes it as a belief... but observe what is there, like psycho said, the patterned thought which makes us belieive who we are... surely these reactive elements lie unseen and as such are called 'subconscious'.

The observation that this is the way it is remains despite allusions to some other answer.

What one does is remain still and silent and observe the mind, the thoughts, the feelings of emotion and the sensations of the body, not as like 'I am watching this', but more like 'there is a simple awareness of this' and there thoughts unravel and bring all feelings with them, but noone is there to react adversely to the worst or with desire to retain the most pleasent things, and in that awareness things are allowed to pass... as they inevitably will.

Too true big fella.....so what you are saying is that awareness will prevail organically over the unconcious & that the need to make a career out of trying to handle it is a wasted effort ...or did I get that wrong ??
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Too true big fella.....so what you are saying is that awareness will prevail organically over the unconcious & that the need to make a career out of trying to handle it is a wasted effort ...or did I get that wrong ??

This is where we enter a quandry, because what 'they' call true self is not off in the future somewhere, because you've been present all along and the body was a baby and a boy and a teen and a man... all that has gone by in some nature of presence... and experience will continue to go by in that fashion... and of course there is a perpetual awareness of it.

We are in great comfort so can afford to indulge in ideals, but in the end we can only do what is most practical to improve our levels of contentment.

Contentment doesn't mean one never feels sad, lonely or frustrated ... it's an underlying satisfaction with everything about self... and is a measure of the minds equanimity.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
This is where we enter a quandry, because what 'they' call true self is not off in the future somewhere, because you've been present all along and the body was a baby and a boy and a teen and a man... all that has gone by in some nature of presence... and experience will continue to go by in that fashion... and of course there is a perpetual awareness of it.

We are in great comfort so can afford to indulge in ideals, but in the end we can only do what is most practical to improve our levels of contentment.

Contentment doesn't mean one never feels sad, lonely or frustrated ... it's an underlying satisfaction with everything about self... and is a measure of the minds equanimity.

gem I've abviously lost way too many brain cells in the course of this life because everytime I try to read this my head hurts
Old 09-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
gem I've abviously lost way too many brain cells in the course of this life because everytime I try to read this my head hurts

It's like banging it against a wall. Tee hee.