Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 13-12-2010, 05:12 AM
supernova

What brings you to spirituality?

I always wanted to share this, one aspect of myself. I am mostly straying and most of you know here on this forum. I wrote too much on sexual topics and that defaced my real self. I have to speak confessedly sinned in life by many standards and indulged in various activities and remain fallen in the eyes of the sacred.

Yet I have another self. The true self of myself and I was, incredibly, unlike the rest of other kids never stopped wondering at the miracles of God, nature, or something I cannot word and phrase it. The mystery of this universe. I was always skeptical and am still whenever I argue. Mostly when I argue I side with atheistic standpoints. I have read quantum physics and all the books including the Grand Design by Stephen Hawking. Quantum mechanics appealed to me greatly and I agree on so many subjects and theoretical propositions with him and with the rest of other physicists. Yet I never can live without questioning. I do not believe nature is chaotic. There are laws, systems, programs or consciousness in nature or something rules nature. All these questions brought me to spirituality. Not that I am a strong believer in God yet spirituality is a domain that can answer most of my questions and it is the realm I find myself with similar minded people.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Avalancediscoverer

Hi supernova,

Thanks for sharing this. People who needs to be there will be there one way or another.

I have been meditating since I was little. It goes so far as when I was around 5-6 years old. The first time I've heard about meditation, I have been fascinated by it. I have been meditating on and off for all these years in my life, mostly when I get scared or when I can't sleep. I became more interested in spirituality when I had a NDE. After that I viewed life in completely different manner. And recently I have been feeling like 1000s years of age, but before that I have always felt like 100 years of age.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Topology

I didn't have a choice. When you're in the thralls of existential crisis, the only effective salve is spirituality. Anything else is just shoddy patching on a sinking ship.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
I didn't have a choice. When you're in the thralls of existential crisis, the only effective salve is spirituality. Anything else is just shoddy patching on a sinking ship.

lol. Very well said, Topology. And very true.

My story isn't quite crisis mode, but I had a big "awakening" which left me with a lot of questions and soul searching and 'weirdness' .

My soul searching left me frustrated and angry more than anything else so I dropped it.

A few years go by and I still am having my little "lessons" which I learned a lot , but then I had to go and have another kick in the rear to wake me up again. But this time, things started to really make sense.

I feel I am in a good place (most of the time lol)

zipzip