Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 03-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
Whoa Kaere, you're a treasure chest of information. I forgot all about those dollar stores. Great ideas!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Master
Hi all thankyou Ihad a talk with dan about we have to get this moving and he's been dragging his feet so this talk better have got his enthusiasm up because I'm sick of the one doing all the work. Sorry just have to vent but it will be okay.
Spiritlite.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Master
With this kinda thing, it's always the way...heh!
Who's going to be around to help you out with this stuff?
(Learn to delegate ~ make 'em wanna do it.)
heehee

Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Hi all thankyou Ihad a talk with dan about we have to get this moving and he's been dragging his feet so this talk better have got his enthusiasm up because I'm sick of the one doing all the work. Sorry just have to vent but it will be okay.
Spiritlite.

vent away. Most men don't really plan much.

Have fun.

zipzip
Old 04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Knower

Congratulations Spiritlite! I didn't have a traditional wedding either. A lot of simple stuff which my sister helped me with. Sounds like you got a lot of good ideas.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Master
Thankyou guys maybe I'm just in freak mode....I'll figure it out, pray for me.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Master
Spiritlite :) congrats (...again LOL!!! )

When I was married, we also had a 2nd public ceremony and I had to figure out how to manage it. Simplicity was the key. If in doubt, I would choose the simpler or more classic...and usually vastly more affordable...option. LOL!

The potluck is a great idea! I love that...I would just add 'no seafood dishes please as the groom is allergic'. Afternoon is the easiest...just cake and coffee/tea...perhaps finger foods or side dishes if you want to keep things simple.

I think the simpler, the better for the ceremony. Let others pick some flowers or get silk ones @the thrift store...Pick a charming house of worship or outdoor setting as you prefer...and let the occasion speak for itself. Add some lovely background music (on CD is fine if live not an option)...

Pick the rings, pick the cake, pick something lovely to wear that is affordable, flatters and could be worn again...and you're done ;) except for showing up...

A nice suit the groom can re-use...much nicer than the tux unless you are going very formal...and if you are busty, a nice tailored suit or dress, or a slimming bias-cut dress will do wonders.

For favours...something simple, like sachets with a handful of white jordan almonds are classic and can be put together yourself with some netting and ribbon.

If you stick to something simple and classic...and then add your personal touches...it should take the pressure off...and keep the focus on you two

I'm sure it will be just lovely ;)

peace & blessings,
7L
Old 06-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Master
7 HUGS to you I'm printing out your suggestion that sounds wonderful that's exactly how I want it...thankyou so much, and thankyou to everyone else.
Spiritlite.