Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 07-01-2021, 05:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It seems to me that everything you need to understand them you have already included in your posts. Maybe you have all the puzzle pieces and just need to put them together.

This is the ultimate puzzle.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:03 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is the ultimate puzzle.
For the mind perhaps.
"Hence always rid yourself of desires in order to observes its secrets;
But always allow yourself to have desires in order to observe its manifestations.
These two are the same
But diverge in name as they issue forth.
Being the same they are called mysteries,
Mystery upon mystery –
The gateway of the manifold secrets."
The Tao te Ching
Sometimes, having the instructions, or the answers, doesn't really help one understand. One must still spend the time working the problem.
"The way that can be spoken of
Is not the constant way;
The name that can be named
Is not the constant name."
The Tao te Ching
Can one describe Om to another and have them understand it just as if they heard it for themselves?
“Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Every ripple, rapid, and waterfall of the river, every individual drop of water, eventually becomes one with every other drop, and one with the ocean itself.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
For the mind perhaps.
"Hence always rid yourself of desires in order to observes its secrets;
But always allow yourself to have desires in order to observe its manifestations.
These two are the same
But diverge in name as they issue forth.
Being the same they are called mysteries,
Mystery upon mystery –
The gateway of the manifold secrets."
The Tao te Ching
Sometimes, having the instructions, or the answers, doesn't really help one understand. One must still spend the time working the problem.
"The way that can be spoken of
Is not the constant way;
The name that can be named
Is not the constant name."
The Tao te Ching
Can one describe Om to another and have them understand it just as if they heard it for themselves?
“Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Every ripple, rapid, and waterfall of the river, every individual drop of water, eventually becomes one with every other drop, and one with the ocean itself.

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.

I am well aware of The Tao te Ching though I did not spend much time to read more about it, I am already well acquainted with its wisdom, already knowing it in within myself.

When I was a child I thought God was like a Guide that would help me with everything but also let me go through hard things as part of my journey. When I did wrong, I felt that God was sad, when I did right, I felt that God was happy. This was my understanding at that time, something that was already in me from a very young age.

I grew up and religion came and changed things, God now became a man in the sky who will reward the good and punish the bad.

I grew up a little more and I said there is no God and I told all people there's no God.

After so more growing up, I am here, now, knowing that God is in all things.

Yet after all of this, something is still missing, the ever present awareness of God, sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. When my awareness can sense God's presence in all things, I am at my best, very happy, full of love and joy, when my awareness can't sense God's presence, I feel totally empty, a void that can't be filled.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.

I am well aware of The Tao te Ching though I did not spend much time to read more about it, I am already well acquainted with its wisdom, already knowing it in within myself.

When I was a child I thought God was like a Guide that would help me with everything but also let me go through hard things as part of my journey. When I did wrong, I felt that God was sad, when I did right, I felt that God was happy. This was my understanding at that time, something that was already in me from a very young age.

I grew up and religion came and changed things, God now became a man in the sky who will reward the good and punish the bad.

I grew up a little more and I said there is no God and I told all people there's no God.

After so more growing up, I am here, now, knowing that God is in all things.

Yet after all of this, something is still missing, the ever present awareness of God, sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. When my awareness can sense God's presence in all things, I am at my best, very happy, full of love and joy, when my awareness can't sense God's presence, I feel totally empty, a void that can't be filled.

Well, I suppose sometimes it is hard to see that the river is connected to the ocean, even though we know that it is and will eventually get there.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Well, I suppose sometimes it is hard to see that the river is connected to the ocean, even though we know that it is and will eventually get there.

You're right.. but when the ocean can't be seen, then finally it is seen, one experiences a great joy.