Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-08-2020, 01:32 PM
bartholomew

Two things. First regarding the ego. Some of us use that word to describe the personality life. Others mean the soul. I subscribe to the later.

Second regarding reincarnation being of the lower planes. This is a fact which is well known to esotericists but not commonly spoken of. It's easy (easier) to simply say "we reincarnate" and the soul guides the personality and so on.... A closer look though reveals more. It is true for us all when we are young souls that our reincarnating life ascends after death but only to a certain level (a point in the Earth's heavens which is below the soul's plane). I cannot speak for this teacher but it seems to me that he is referring to this phenomena. Here's more.

When we pass and leave the physical Earth we reside for a while in our ethereal bodies. Here we are still connected to the usual astral and mental planes and, from our point of view then, we are the same person we always were but things are a bit different. Colors are brighter, sometimes there is a profound silence, we can move about at will and meet others that we know to have died, etc etc.... Being here is commonly reported by NDE experiencers when they return. Advanced souls pass (ascend) again and again, each time to higher planes where they have work to do. Junior souls and those who commit suicide though make quick turn arounds (from the lower planes) and come back for another go, a new physical life. The reason? There is less need for these to spend time analyzing the life just past. They move quickly and often return to the same settings so that lessons in progress can be resumed.

It may be that if the fuller context of the teacher (you mention) were presented here we might have more information about the ego types he was referring to.

It is helpful here, I think, to repeat what Jesus is reported to have said: "My Father's house has many mansions."

To sum up: Junior souls are less interested in their projections to the Earth in the beginning so, after death the "egos" ascend only to the lower or mid heavens and then make a quick turn around. Regardless of this the soul (on it's own plane) receives the benefits gained by the personality in the life just past. More advanced souls, though, have come to be closer, more interested in what their projections are doing and so after death the process of ascension continues until the 'ego" is again joined with the soul. Here the real between lives work begins.

Have we heard the title: Ascended Master? Yes. We all ascend in accordance with the position of growth of our souls but one who has completed the cycle (of incarnations) makes the final ascension (in the Earth system) and takes on different responsibilities. Compare the very junior soul to the very advanced one and find a sort of hierarchcial, almost linear, transitional series of movements. Young souls don't go very high in between lives. Old souls go much higher. Most of us are somewhere in the middle.

James/Bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Ramana Maharshi has stated that the "reincarnating ego is of the lower planes". What are your thoughts about that ?
Old 09-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
We are human souls born to and residing more or less permanently in a particular area of a particular spiritual plane which is a part (an actual component) of the Earth "system".

The goal is to express and thus raise ourselves up to higher levels. We are compelled in this. We are "of the creator" and must migrate, returning to the source.

This sort of "raising up" is not a matter of mere knowledge. It's much more than that. We have to gain wisdom. But how to do this?

Knowledge can gained in our spiritual home but no so wisdom. Wisdom only results from meeting and overcoming adversity. This, we cannot do in heaven. The heavenly fields are segregated by vibrational signatures. Kindred souls tend to remain cloistered.

This is the reason we come to a dense planet like the Earth. Down here in the lower spiritual levels it is possible to mix it up
with all types of people and situations.
As we are totally immersed in these struggles we come out the other end with.... wisdom.

Sure, Earth is a tough choice but the rewards are stupendous. Souls that come to Earth for a series of lifetimes advance much quicker
than those who opt for easy worlds.

Can we obtain true knowledge of what is really going on and thus realize how it all makes sense? Sure we can. Spiritual growth begins with promises taken on faith.
These slowly morph into sure knowledge. Then after we apply what has been learned we gain that which frees us.... wisdom.

May I suggest you study the lives of holy men and women who, in history, have overcome all in service to humanity? This is not to say anyone can do that.
It is to say we all can join those greater ones by doing just something good for someone each day. Here's an analogy.

If we owe money to a lender we are required to make a certain minimum payment each month. If we do this but pay a little extra as well then that amount over the required figure is applied to the loan principle. In this way the loan is paid much quicker and the pain of debt is reduced. OK so it's the same with our spiritual lives.
We carry on but always doing just a bit more (help for someone in need) and the blessings flow like crazy. Later we find we have done the work of ascension.

What do you think?
James

What do we think? Wow, very clear and inspiring. THANK YOU!!Love it! The whole post.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-08-2020, 07:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Advanced souls pass (ascend) again and again, each time to higher planes where they have work to do. Junior souls and those who commit suicide though make quick turn arounds (from the lower planes) and come back for another go, a new physical life. The reason? There is less need for these to spend time analyzing the life just past. They move quickly and often return to the same settings so that lessons in progress can be resumed.

To sum up: Junior souls are less interested in their projections to the Earth in the beginning so, after death the "egos" ascend only to the lower or mid heavens and then make a quick turn around. Regardless of this the soul (on it's own plane) receives the benefits gained by the personality in the life just past. More advanced souls, though, have come to be closer, more interested in what their projections are doing and so after death the process of ascension continues until the 'ego" is again joined with the soul. Here the real between lives work begins.

Have we heard the title: Ascended Master? Yes. We all ascend in accordance with the position of growth of our souls but one who has completed the cycle (of incarnations) makes the final ascension (in the Earth system) and takes on different responsibilities. Compare the very junior soul to the very advanced one and find a sort of hierarchcial, almost linear, transitional series of movements. Young souls don't go very high in between lives. Old souls go much higher. Most of us are somewhere in the middle.

James/Bartholomew

Thanks, James/Bartholomew. A couple more thoughts from the esoteric literature.

Junior souls spend less time between lives because there is less need to spend time analysing their physical incarnation, as you say. But also their astral and particularly their mental vehicles are relatively undeveloped, so they lack the ability to function consciously on these higher planes. Hence the quick turnaround.

Average souls would spend longer on the astral planes, but their time on the mental planes would be limited because they are still developing their mental body.

More advanced souls would be sufficiently developed to consciously rest in the causal vehicle enjoying the devachanic state, where the soul absorbs all the positive aspects of the incarnation just finished.

And I have read that the disciple on the path of initiation may choose to forgo the devachanic state. There is sufficient contact between soul and personality for the soul to absorb the lessons learned while still in incarnation. The initiate may then work within their ashram on the higher planes, or they may incarnate again relatively quickly to complete their journey.

And while it may take countless lifetimes to reach the path of initiation, the various initiations then take place within a relatively small number of incarnations. Then, as you say, the Master who has completed their journey within the Earth scheme takes on very different responsibilities, as they choose which of the Higher Paths to follow.

Peace
Old 09-08-2020, 09:11 PM
janielee

Quote:
We make too much of a big deal regarding reincarnation. I am guilty in this area myself.

We are human souls born to and residing more or less permanently in a particular area of a particular spiritual plane which is a part (an actual component) of the Earth "system".

The goal is to express and thus raise ourselves up to higher levels. We are compelled in this. We are "of the creator" and must migrate, returning to the source.

This sort of "raising up" is not a matter of mere knowledge. It's much more than that. We have to gain wisdom. But how to do this?

Knowledge can gained in our spiritual home but no so wisdom. Wisdom only results from meeting and overcoming adversity. This, we cannot do in heaven. The heavenly fields are segregated by vibrational signatures. Kindred souls tend to remain cloistered.

This is the reason we come to a dense planet like the Earth. Down here in the lower spiritual levels it is possible to mix it up with all types of people and situations. As we are totally immersed in these struggles we come out the other end with.... wisdom.

Sure, Earth is a tough choice but the rewards are stupendous. Souls that come to Earth for a series of lifetimes advance much quicker than those who opt for easy worlds.

Can we obtain true knowledge of what is really going on and thus realize how it all makes sense? Sure we can. Spiritual growth begins with promises taken on faith. These slowly morph into sure knowledge. Then after we apply what has been learned we gain that which frees us.... wisdom.

May I suggest you study the lives of holy men and women who, in history, have overcome all in service to humanity? This is not to say anyone can do that. It is to say we all can join those greater ones by doing just something good for someone each day. Here's an anology. If we owe money to a lender we are required to make a certain minimum payment each month. If we do this but pay a little extra as well then that amount over the required figure is applied to the loan principle. In this way the loan is paid much quicker and the pain of debt is reduced. OK so it's the same with our spiritual lives. We carry on but always doing just a bit more (help for someone in need) and the blessings flow like crazy. Later we find we have done the work of ascension.

What do you think?

James

It's fair and beautiful, and your style is as always kind, gracious, beautiful --

But I feel like I have failed, and thus ascension seems like it's for another.

Doing good - service - helping another; I once felt that was my thing, but I can't even help myself..the reality check is hard for me.

Love

JL
Old 09-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Master

I respect your right to your beliefs.

Quote:
... May I suggest you study the lives of holy men and women who, in history, have overcome all in service to humanity? ...
--- from one of bartholomew's praised posts.

What would any of you think about such a suggestion while in your dream? I mean to study the lives of the holy men and women of your dream, and about their purpose of acting in service of the dream humanity?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:33 PM
bartholomew

I understand you brother. On this forum when I get into philosophy and spirituality it's not me, James, who is the author. I am channeling Bartholomew in real time. All the "tall talk" comes from Bartholomew. That's why I often excuse myself from proof reading. I get tired. Believe me when I say that my demons are just as real to me as yours are to you. But... I've learned to manage them and they know they have not the power to overcome me. You can do the same.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
It's fair and beautiful, and your style is as always kind, gracious, beautiful --

But I feel like I have failed, and thus ascension seems like it's for another.

Doing good - service - helping another; I once felt that was my thing, but I can't even help myself..the reality check is hard for me.

Love

JL
Old 10-08-2020, 02:56 AM
janielee

Thank you, James

In appreciation too, Bartholomew.

Old 10-08-2020, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Two things. First regarding the ego. Some of us use that word to describe the personality life. Others mean the soul. I subscribe to the later.

Second regarding reincarnation being of the lower planes. This is a fact which is well known to esotericists but not commonly spoken of. It's easy (easier) to simply say "we reincarnate" and the soul guides the personality and so on.... A closer look though reveals more. It is true for us all when we are young souls that our reincarnating life ascends after death but only to a certain level (a point in the Earth's heavens which is below the soul's plane). I cannot speak for this teacher but it seems to me that he is referring to this phenomena. Here's more.

When we pass and leave the physical Earth we reside for a while in our ethereal bodies. Here we are still connected to the usual astral and mental planes and, from our point of view then, we are the same person we always were but things are a bit different. Colors are brighter, sometimes there is a profound silence, we can move about at will and meet others that we know to have died, etc etc.... Being here is commonly reported by NDE experiencers when they return. Advanced souls pass (ascend) again and again, each time to higher planes where they have work to do. Junior souls and those who commit suicide though make quick turn arounds (from the lower planes) and come back for another go, a new physical life. The reason? There is less need for these to spend time analyzing the life just past. They move quickly and often return to the same settings so that lessons in progress can be resumed.

It may be that if the fuller context of the teacher (you mention) were presented here we might have more information about the ego types he was referring to.

It is helpful here, I think, to repeat what Jesus is reported to have said: "My Father's house has many mansions."

James/Bartholomew

Well said. Having had an NDE, I can relate well to all that you wrote.

Regarding ascended masters, my spiritual mentor's teacher was the ascended Master Morya often associated with Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society.

https://sirius-eng.net/liki/moria.htm
Old 10-08-2020, 06:24 PM
bartholomew

Yes. I know a little about the Master M. My understanding is that he is one of a group of high souls assigned to our world in a teaching capacity. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Well said. Having had an NDE, I can relate well to all that you wrote.

Regarding ascended masters, my spiritual mentor's teacher was the ascended Master Morya often associated with Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society.

https://sirius-eng.net/liki/moria.htm
Old 10-08-2020, 09:14 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You're in good company! Most do not understand much of this, even those who may appear to do.

There are many ideas about how reincarnation works and fortunately it happens - or doesn't happen according to how one thinks - without us needing to understand until the time is right for us to understand. And that time is when we're not living in a human shell.

In your human shell quite understandably you do not want any more suffering and who would disagree at a human level? But at a more spiritually-elevated level, and with help and support, you may see matters very differently.

But that's all in your future.

Sorry for the slow acknowledgement. Thank you. I was actually of the schooling - trust what is to be revealed, otherwise if it's not useful put it aside for now. My character does have impatience however, and that's a weakness of mine.

Namaste, and nice to meet you

J