Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Ascender

the ethics and morality of intentional misrepresentation

Hello all.
As per thread title.

Wondering how intententional misrepresentation may be considered when looked at in terms of ethics and morality?

May not have posed the question very well--hope sufficient to understand however. Apologies if not--will try to clarify if necessary.

petex
Old 27-02-2020, 09:23 PM
ant

Hi petex,

Can you give an example?

The question is to broad based and open ended as is.

Cheers
Old 29-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Ascender

Hello Elabr8Aspie.
I agree-- contemplating the question immediately sets me in sthg like an uncharted marshland full of ifs, buts, maybes, etc, -- not much to stand on.
Your suggestion could help.Give it a go, suggest a scenario and we shall see where it leads.
The thread is intended as an invitation to explore.
All the best. pete.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Hi petex,

Can you give an example?

The question is to broad based and open ended as is.

Cheers

An example I keep thinking of is when dating. I know a lot of people show only their best parts and become very agreeable. This in order to get someone to be interested in and even develop feelings for them. Personally, I believe this to be very misleading and false but I understand we may be genetically wired to do this in order to mate.

I believe in truth even if it hurts because as somebody else mentioned, decisions can be made based from an honest reality (however honest that can be) and not some falsity.
Old 29-02-2020, 10:27 PM
ant

Hi pete,

The ethics and morality of intentional misrepresentation.

Initially,what sprung to mind,were politicians,the elite.

Then the media,capitalism etc,

Then looking at the bigger picture,the creator.

I see it all serves a purpose,starting at first base.

Alas,there is no need to question,there is nothing to consider.

In it's entirety,intentional misrepresentation serves the purpose of this grand design.

Cheers
Old 01-03-2020, 11:05 PM
Ascender

Hello all.
It seems probable that if we consider an act of intentional misrepresentation as bein unethical, we do so in great part because we make the moral judgement that the act of intentional misrepresentation is form of lying.

However, there is more than just the act of lying to be considered-Imo.

There are the consequences of that act to consider.

Intentional misrepresentation seeks to substitute a false narrative to take the place of "reality".--and in doing so deprives who are taken in and mislead of the ability to make judgements on the basis of the actual reality.

Such deprivation. can--imo--be considered as a form of theft, robbing the mislead of their right to make judgements based on actual reality.

petex
Old 01-03-2020, 11:38 PM
ant

Hi pete,

Intentional misrepresentation on the human plane,by those who are misguided and still asleep.

Accept the things you can change,accept the things you can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Occupy the mind with what's unethical and immoral,keeps the mind in the loop.

Intentional misrepresentation by the creator;

Plant a seed into this corrupt system.

Program,brain wash and install false beliefs,fear and trauma etc.

Lures-addictions,habits,material possessions,money,attachments etc.

Health scare/Mid life crisis,

Find the faith or not?

Rinse and repeat.

Evolve.

My pov.

Cheers
Old 17-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Newbie ;)

An example may be Big Tobacco luring millions of people into addiction through misrepresentation through the media. US Government did virtually nothing for years because of Big Tobacco political and social contributions.

Intentional misrepresentation on the human plane,by those who are misguided and still asleep.

Accept the things you can change,accept the things you can't change and the wisdom to know the difference.

ntentional misrepresentation by the creator;

Find the faith or not?

Rinse and repeat.

Evolve.
Many years ago there was an African American preacher, Rev. Ike whose sermons consisted of increasing material wealth simply by asking God. I once considered this action as ludicrous, however, Karma reflects how one lives.

Some people are more adapt than others to lying and misrepresentation, however, I do not feel that God misrepresents Himself. Perhaps God is misrepresented by man.
Old 18-05-2020, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterhere
An example may be Big Tobacco luring millions of people into addiction through misrepresentation through the media. US Government did virtually nothing for years because of Big Tobacco political and social contributions.

ntentional misrepresentation by the creator;

Find the faith or not?

Rinse and repeat.

Evolve.
Many years ago there was an African American preacher, Rev. Ike whose sermons consisted of increasing material wealth simply by asking God. I once considered this action as ludicrous, however, Karma reflects how one lives.

Some people are more adapt than others to lying and misrepresentation, however, I do not feel that God misrepresents Himself. Perhaps God is misrepresented by man.

As for Tobacco:

I have somewhere in my notes a newspaper article printed in 1877. The news was fully aware that some of the ingredients in cigarettes are harmful...... but there is nothing the manufacturers could do. It was the consumers that insisted on such ingredients. One of the main reasons for some of the ingredients was consumers did not like to have to relight over and over again.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Ascender

Hello all.
As many of us have mentioned in one form or another, lots of "ifs" and "buts" and " maybe" arise when considering the topic.

Perhaps a number of such considerations can be gathered together as being concerned with "intent". --analysing/understanding the purpose of intentional misrepresentation.

But that is just one step, --for having formed some opinion concerning the probable/possible purpose in a particular case, it then becomes necessary--if there is the desire to do so-- to make further judgement as to what extent, if any, that purpose is justified--and to whom.

Then there arise further questions such as--is the representation simply the matter of the presentation of a differing opinion presented as fact?--or a differing belief presented as fact?--or the best available current understanding presented as absolute? etc.etc.

Marshland indeed. -but a landscape that we so need to understand and navigate because it is a landscape which has often swallowed us up as a species and sacrificed many to divisions, self seeking ambitions, self seeking ambitions sometimes flying the false flag of common concern, wars, etc.

petex