Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 26-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Pathfinder
Please help me Identify These Crystals

Can anyone please help me identify these. The black one is a powerful magnet that is dark greyish in colour I wondered if that was haematite or could it also be steel?

Last edited by maejin : 26-04-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: link to image wasnt working
Old 26-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Dante1709

The "magnet" is magnetized hematite. Most people think it is hematite, but it's actually hematine, which is synthetic (made out of barium-strontium ferrite). Doesn't mean you can use it for metaphysical purpose ; it can probably be used to attract love and fortune. Keep in mind that not all man-made stones are bad..Carborundum, opalite, and some gems like sapphire, alexandrite and spinel are man made,but that doesn't mean they have no healing propertirs.

The blue looks like some type if dyed agate, but I could be wrong. The green stone looks a bit like aventurine, although I can't see the aventurescence..does it have tiny little sparkles when you put it in the sunlight?
Old 27-04-2014, 03:42 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks, Dante
But I have aventurine this is a much lighter and paler green than the aventurine. It's another stone.
Old 27-04-2014, 03:54 AM
Administrator
Hello

The clearish green one could be Smokey Quartz.

General Gemstone Details
Hematite is a metallic gray iron oxide mineral, and the same stone of a differing variety as specularite.

Ancient Egyptians used it to stanch blood and promote the formation of blood cells. In the Middle Ages is was known as the "blood stone" due to the fact that the water used to polish it would turn red during the process, as if the stone were bleeding. Native American folklore states that war paint made from hematite will make one invincible in battle. People in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries wore hematite jewelry during mourning.

Hematite decreases negativity and can help balance the mind - body - spirit connection; it draws negative energy away from you into itself. Its acts well as a stabilizing force.

It is a good stone to have around when you are being bombarded with vibrations and energies of other crystals and stones.

Lynn
Old 27-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Master
Isn't the left one aquamarine? The middle agate, not sure if it's dyed though, could just be that the colour is a bit funky due to camera/flash. Some colours aren't easy to photograph. The right one has been explained in detail :)
Old 27-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks. I've checked pics of tumbled aquamarine they look light blue. I thought this looked a bit similar to certain types of jade. But dont know
Old 27-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

The clearish green one could be Smokey Quartz.

I checked pictures of this online too, it seem different, but thank you for your suggestion
Old 27-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Master
They can be blue yes, but I think you just saw the gem quality. Aquamarine can be very green as well. Think it mostly is more green, don't think I've ever come across very blue ones?

Old 27-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder
yes fairycrystal I see. it could be aquamarine as well. how would i know for sure? there are a few possible contenders.
Old 27-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Master
If I wanted to be absolutely sure, I'd take it to a good crystal shop.