Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-02-2021, 09:21 PM
Pathfinder

Mind drifting?

I don't know is there a name in English for this (or in my language) or in "spiritual" dictionary.

I used to think its nothing and that it happens to everyone at times like when you are tired, lost of focus, concentration maybe? To me it happened often when I was a small kid, like pre puberty, mind would just get blank like i have no presence in myself but just for a second or few seconds at max. and then i would snap out of it. As I grow older it disappeared but as I said it could happen but really rare now when I'm tired.

Is there a "spiritual" explanation for this? What is it, what could it be? Or its nothing.
And if something or someone is triggering this state what does it mean?
Old 28-02-2021, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
I don't know is there a name in English for this (or in my language) or in "spiritual" dictionary.

I used to think its nothing and that it happens to everyone at times like when you are tired, lost of focus, concentration maybe? To me it happened often when I was a small kid, like pre puberty, mind would just get blank like i have no presence in myself but just for a second or few seconds at max. and then i would snap out of it. As I grow older it disappeared but as I said it could happen but really rare now when I'm tired.

Is there a "spiritual" explanation for this? What is it, what could it be? Or its nothing.

i actually try to get to that state sometimes, it is a welcome relief from an overactive mind. I look at it as kind of turning off the mind. I think one could cultivate a new kind of consciousness if they pursued it.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71

' Silent Awareness ' .
Old 01-03-2021, 07:49 AM
Master
Possibly, we should discern the difference between an ambedo trance (stupor) and heightened awareness (meditation). In both, we as subject, without any seeming object (of attention) yet contrast like night and day
Old 03-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Pathfinder

Neville Goddard Lecture – A Movement of Mind
24th Nov 1969

In the 33rd chapter of the Book of Job we are told that God speaks to man in two ways, but man does not perceive them. It is said:

“In a dream, in a vision of the night when deep sleep falls upon men while they slumber on their beds, he opens the ears of men and seals their instructions.”

Tell that to a psychiatrist and, because he separates the dreamer from God, he will tell you that all dreams come from the individual dreamer and not from God. But I tell you: God’s eternal name is I AM, and if I asked who is dreaming the dream – would the individual not say, “I AM?” And, are we not told that that is God’s name forever and ever?

You cannot separate the dreamer from God, and all dreams proceed from Him. Some are simple and need no interpretation, while others are revealed in a symbolic language and need an interpreter, as told us in the story of Joseph. His true identity is revealed when he looked into the faces of those who had had a dream and saw they were disturbed, for he said: “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dream.” Then he interpreted the dreams of the butler, the baker, and even Pharaoh himself, and they all came to pass just as he had said they would. Now, if only God can interpret a dream, why tell Joseph? Because he is a personification of God. His name was changed from Joseph (meaning “salvation”) to Joshua, which means “Jehovah is salvation.”
Old 03-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Pathfinder

Now back in 1954, I awoke from a dream hearing these words: “You do not move in waking any more than you move on your bed in sleep. It is all a movement of mind. The intensity is determined by the strength of the vortex you create, which is just like a whirlwind with a center of perfect stillness. You only believe that you are moving when you are awake, as you think you move in sleep.” Well, I am a rational being and reason could not accept that statement, but I wrote it down and placed it in my Bible to await further revelation.

Psychiatrists would say this message came from myself. I will not deny that, but I do know that it came from a depth of my own being which my rational mind does not reach. Today our three astronauts returned from a trip of half a million miles. You and I came here tonight in our cars, and throughout my lifetime I have traveled all over the world in ships and planes. And like Blake, in my dreams

“I have traveled through a land of men, a land of men and women, too. And heard and seen such dreadful things as cold earth wanderers never knew.”

We have all traveled, yet I know what I heard and wrote down. I know that I have traveled in my dreams and yet I know I have not physically left my room, for when I awoke in the morning I was still on the bed upon which I fell asleep. So I ask you: is this waking state no more than a dream? Is there a dreamer in the depths of my being who looks upon this world as a dream, just as I who . . having gone to a little lower of the dream at night . . awake to find I haven’t left my bed at dawn?

Paul tells us that
Old 03-03-2021, 02:45 AM
Pathfinder

Paul tells us that

“We are born anew through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”

I remember that night, for I felt myself waking from a deep, deep sleep, feeling a vibration which, although centered in my head, it seemed to be coming from without.

Then I awoke within the sepulcher – the skull in which I was buried, to come out to find all of the symbolism of the Christian mystery surrounding me. I saw the infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and the three witnesses to the event. Although unseen, as I was spirit, the witnesses spoke of me as the father of the child, the sign that my savior was born, fulfilling scripture:

“This shall be a sign unto you, you shall find a child wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”

That night I awoke from a far deeper level of my being to find the symbolism of my waking from the dream of life, just as day after day I wake from the dream of the night. So, could it be that the revelation I heard back in 1954 is literally true? Reason questions it, reason doubts it, and reason rejects it. So if the vision is true then reason is rejecting Jesus Christ, for Jesus Christ defines himself as the truth, saying: “I AM the truth…” If the revelation is true, and reason rejects it – Is not reason Satan, the doubting one?

This statement cannot be logically proved. Its truth must be experienced. I had completely forgotten it until I discovered my note today while looking in my Interpreter’s Bible, and there it was, the note I wrote on the 28th day of November 1954:

“You do not move in waking any more than you move on your bed in sleep. It is all a movement of mind. The intensity is determined by the strength of the vortex you create, which is just like a whirlwind with a center of perfect stillness. You only believe that you are moving when you are awake, as you think you move in sleep.”

Scripture speaks of two ages: this age of darkness and decay, and that age of light and eternal life. This age is one of motion and violence, turbulence and storms, as the dreamer in men is sound asleep and does not know that he is God. In the 44th Psalm, however, he is urged to “Rouse thyself, why sleepest thou, O Lord. Awake! Do not cast us off forever.” While occupying his dream God has the sensation of travel, motion and violence; but when he awakes he will find himself in the sepulcher, the skull of Man, where he deliberately laid himself down to sleep and was buried. God crucified himself on the cross of man and is dreaming this dream of life so that man may become God.