Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2022, 09:54 AM
Master
@asearcher

Yes we live and learn, through the hand we’ve been dealt, we grow and build new ways to become through those early struggles.

Empowerment and authenticity are a nice combo.

Your welcome. Thanks for reading and responding. x
Old 22-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Just Be - I have the word "Authenticity" written on a small white board that is affixed to the front of my refrigerator .
Thanks for sharing your story blackraven, it’s not always easy to take back your own power where you’ve given it away to others. One of the greatest catalysts of deeper empowerment, is through taking a stand against a loved one and having to feel how painful that can be, feeling them reacting.

Being authentic, does change the way you have been previously, in the undoing, your mending and repairing the way differently. It can be very foreign and being ok in everything you feel is important.

Practice builds ease and balance.
Old 22-05-2022, 10:07 AM
ImthatIm

To receive is to give and to give is to receive.
Because Source gives, it naturally spills out of those who receive clear from Source.
There is no desire for giving or receiving but only to experience Love in it's highest form.
Which I would say is authentic and I just see it as play or dance.
Though ego can devise all sorts of twisted logic to confuse and constrict the clear channel from Source.
Darn silly little ego.
Old 22-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Master
Just because I believe you today imthatim I may not believe you tomorrow ‘winks’
Old 22-05-2022, 10:56 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Just because I believe you today imthatim I may not believe you tomorrow ‘winks’
LOL
That's right, you JustBe you.
Old 22-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your story blackraven, it’s not always easy to take back your own power where you’ve given it away to others. One of the greatest catalysts of deeper empowerment, is through taking a stand against a loved one and having to feel how painful that can be, feeling them reacting.

Yes, that's exactly what happened and the guilt drove me to tears. But at the same time, it taught me I can say no, something that has always been hard for me. Thanks for your kind response.
Old 30-05-2022, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Yes, that's exactly what happened and the guilt drove me to tears. But at the same time, it taught me I can say no, something that has always been hard for me. Thanks for your kind response.
I learned to be very defiant in my ‘no’ early in in my world.
I think that age stage development period around age two yrs, we get to practice most naturally. Sadly most children are infused with all kinds of harsh treatments and confusion when they express strong reactions such as no.

Not all but often those more sensitive types pick up all on external reactions more so.

Children are often given unnatural consequences in their feelings and resistance. Yet often parents are not adequately equipped to give natural consequences, which in the moment empowers a child to move itself more willingly. The power struggle then ceases, and a natural understanding of itself and the world it wants to participate in, lends them to choose and cease the defiance most naturally.

As an example a parent says to a resistant child not willing to co operate.

“If you don’t pick up your toys I’m taking away your bike”

Rather than, if you pick up your toys you can then go ride your bike.

A resistant defiant child suddenly feels he has control over his own world. He can resist, feel what he feels but naturally moves as he chooses more willingly without the fight in place. Plus the rewards are he moves in his/her world with more ease and acceptance of what is.

I think not being able to say no later in life comes through fears developed very early in life. Sadly, again it’s about losing the ability to express no in a supportive acceptable environment. Two yrs a child needs to push the bounds, feel stronger emotions and source an understanding of itself moving through its world, in a more fair and safe co operative way, these skills allow them to identify ‘I have control in my world’ ‘ my sense of self is not infused with power struggles or others telling me I cant’ ‘ I see their is a way to say no, still be co operative in some way and find more enjoyment in my world through all that’(Within the bounds of its own age stage, safety of course)
Old 30-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
...a parent says to a resistant child...
"If you don’t pick up your toys I’m taking away your bike”
Rather than, if you pick up your toys you can then go ride your bike.

A resistant defiant child suddenly feels he has control over his own world.
Excellent, example!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2022, 10:28 PM
Master
JustBe - What you wrote about childhoods and upbringing seemed to me as quite insightful psychologically and in looking back, it conjured up all kinds of memories. I was told that I never cried and was a perfect angel, always doing just what I was told. As a teen I would put my drunk mother to bed before my Dad got home from work after she left me in charge of younger siblings so she could hang out at the bar. I learned quickly to lie for her to protect her and therein, became my lifelong inability to easily say no. Sounds like the makings of a passive adult, I know. I have a fear of letting people down because I always aim to please people. So putting the word "Authenticity" on my fridge is something I truly need.
Old 30-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Master
Hi Blackraven

Thank you for sharing so openly your story.
As you show there are often many reasons and experiences that create our limitations as adults. Regardless of they couple I shared, it’s important each person understands for themselves what it all means for them. Your story reminded me of a friend of mines similar experience and story. I’ve watched her find her way through life and dig deep beyond all she endured. I’m so glad you’ve found a way to remind you, your important in this world, just as you are. When we can recognise the story of others, is only part of our makeup and also, it is an ever changing story, you can empower yourself to create a new way, a new story that fits you perfectly.

xx