Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-05-2022, 12:09 PM
Suspended
Guide

You can't see gas or oxygen, but it's there

PS, I've reincarnated as a newbie.
Old 15-05-2022, 12:11 PM
Master
Yes, because even if one doubts things or get puts into fearful situations, awareness is present

As long as there's awareness, there's no escaping the awareness towards the existence of spirituality
Old 15-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
As long as there's awareness, there's no escaping the awareness towards the existence of spirituality
What are you aware of? We are aware as living beings, every being is aware.

Your reality is defined by your perception, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. Does the definition of 'Spirituality' exist in your reality or does Spirituality itself exist?

In Spirituality, Spirituality is an 'invented thing'.

If you didn't have the word 'Spiritual' in your vocabulary, what then?
Old 15-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
No it's probably not possible but the idea is an opportunity to explore, I think. Does Spirituality exist in its own right, or does it exist because we believe in it?
I think the spirit realm exists in its own right based on personal experience at the same time as ours. Just adding this so you know the reason why I say there is more then just us (all life forms here). I am aware of it. And I wouldn't be surprised if that realm had it's own rules. I've noticed spirituality is always talking about rules to. So if somebody tells me there is more I already know.

I think it is right, we would believe in it, so both happen. So I say it is not an or but would say and. It is my belief even if I hadn't had the experience I think I would believe in it. The reason is in psychology.

This is what amazes me though. What if our ancestors were born with the same knowledge (and words) we have today and how belief would be. We still hold onto ideas thousands of years old and we think we can give up recent ideas, even reimage them. Based on the mind we cannot not believe what we start. I think both happen at the same time. We are unwilling to give idea we create.
Old 15-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I think the spirit realm exists in its own right based on personal experience at the same time as ours.
What is the 'Spiritual realm?' Is it 'Spiritual' or is it another level of existence, another dimension that simply hasn't been explained by science? I know there's more than just because as a medium I've given proof of survival to many, but for those that have never experienced anything like that?

While I quite agree with you, Spirituality is a belief system so no beliefs no Spirituality?

You said "I think I would believe in it" but what is that 'it'? That's the question. Is Spirituality an 'it' to believe in? If you'd never heard the word would you still be 'Spiritual'?

What we don't realise is that many of the beliefs we have today are the same as the beliefs our ancestors had from back to the cavemen days. Our ancestors believed something made the sun travel across the sky and today we have God. Isn't all we do is put different clothes on the same basic beliefs?
Old 15-05-2022, 08:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Spirituality is a belief system so no beliefs no Spirituality?
There is a difference between spirituality as a belief system and spirituality as experienced states of consciousness which have nothing to do with beliefs.

On a forum such as this all we can do is share ideas and perspectives. These are products of the mind. Everyone has their own perspective, hence all the agreements and disagreements.

Our experienced states of consciousness cannot be shared with others, and they do not depend on ideas and beliefs. Spirituality is a convenient label which we can apply to these states of consciousness, but such states of consciousness cannot be defined by labels.

Peace
Old 15-05-2022, 08:51 PM
Master
There is the 'experience' of what we think spirituality is, and there is the concepts/words etc. that are needed to talk about it here. This is how religions are created over time. We become more concerned with structure and formality. 'Spirituality' as we talk about it would indeed not exist without human agents. At the same time, 'it' can exist regardless of those same humans. To suggest otherwise would (I think) be solipsism.
Old 16-05-2022, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
'Karma' is a word from Spirituality, keeping it simple, so if karma didn't exist? What happens to that 'bad experience'/'negative karma, specifically how it's dealt with?
Why do people want there to 'be' punitive accounting for certain behaviors? Isn't consequences of actions sufficient?
Old 16-05-2022, 02:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There is a difference between spirituality as a belief system and spirituality as experienced states of consciousness which have nothing to do with beliefs.
Beautify said. The element of direct experience. One can have spiritual intersection happen (added) even if given belief says nope. Sometimes a choice.

Last edited by lemex : 16-05-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old 17-05-2022, 07:12 AM
Master
As long as there's love for spirituality.
Spirituality will be around for as long as it's loved and that could be a while.
utopia