Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Flexi-girl, I was wondering if you could trace back to where or when you got this idea.
I thought about it a little and I don't have that concept...of self worth....
definitely not with the word 'only'.
I do think most of us are taught to be kind to others, of course.

(I did read a biography of a political figure written by a family member and oddly,
he was NOT taught this...rather was praised when he did 'bad 'things'! Ha!
That was a basis of his self worth and self-esteem...''getting over'' on someone else, any way possible!! Lying, cheating, ruining their reputation...)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Ascender
Thanks Miss Hepburn. I would say these feelings have been like a splinter in my heart. It's always been there, but in the last few years, I have become more aware of the pain. If I had to trace it back, I would say it goes back to my childhood. I think out of necessity, I had to think about other peoples wants instead of my own. My mother often punished me for having my own thoughts and opinions that were separate from hers. I think social conventions up until recently, have also prevented me from me discovering what's genuine.

I don't believe, based on my temperament that I would ever try to "get one over" on people. I don't equate being selfish with such actions.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
...these feelings have been like a splinter in my heart. ...goes back to my childhood. I think out of necessity,
I had to think about other peoples wants instead of my own. ..
have also prevented me from me discovering what's genuine.
Can I ask, to be more clear, what feelings are a splinter?
Yeah, childhood! Being hyper vigilant so not to upset the basket! Many of us had that issue with volatile or intense parents.

Interesting, you are having a hard time knowing what's genuine...can you give me an example or 2?
(Sorry if I missed it, I haven't read the other posts...busy being a Mod!! Ha)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2022, 08:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
what feelings are a splinter?
I suppose of being unfulfilled; of being somewhat disposable.
Quote:
Being hyper vigilant so not to upset the basket!
Your consideration is appreciated, though I am not so easily triggered.
Quote:
Interesting, you are having a hard time knowing what's genuine...can you give me an example or 2?
By genuine, it may be a bit difficult to give clear examples because I think it's foundational to who I am. I feel this overall let down from living according to someone else's ideas of how should live. I haven't been honoring my dreams because I have just been focusing on getting by. Also because I feel like I have no sense of home.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Is our only purpose for existing to serve others? What's wrong with living for one's own self interest? . On the surface it seems distasteful, but the more I think about it, I feel it may be a more genuine and honest way to be.

Serving others is service to self. You make someone happy, that in turn makes you happy, and then you may want to do it again.
It reflects back to you, and how you feel about it.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:28 PM
Experiencer
@Flexi-Girl - From what you've said I DEFINITELY think you should re-align your priorities. You need to take care of you. Ideally, everything you do should make you feel better. Not necessarily in the short term, but long term. That can include helping others of course, but only to the extent that feels good to you. Your self-interest is primary, and needs to be addressed.

And no beating yourself up about being selfish. That idea is ruining your life.
Everything has an inborn right to live, including you.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:28 PM
Master
Do for yourself before you can do for others. Being selfish isn't wrong, some are, some aren't. Giving to others is a good thing yes but it's not a must.
utopia
Old 09-05-2022, 12:47 PM
Ascender
Thank you so much Justin Passing and utopiandreamchild for your uplifting as well as thoughtful words. I am grateful for your encouragement.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:57 PM
Ascender
After careful consideration, I have come to greater awareness. I now believe it's not simply not enough to give for the sake of giving. Giving must come from a place of greater integrity, and connection. There has to be a purity to it, something I haven't been capturing. Still, I feel there is something more. For now I will leave this in the hands of God.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
After careful consideration, I have come to greater awareness. I now believe it's not simply not enough to give for the sake of giving. Giving must come from a place of greater integrity, and connection. .
Give from the heart is all I've been taught in other words, give with love. What goes around comes around. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
utopia