Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Thankfully we all see things differently, some Theologians see the Didache as a 'Treasure from Heaven' the crown of Christian writings, being as close a link as there is to the original Teachings of Jesus....

Last time I read the Gospels they are full of rules/regulations and threats....

Can you point to anything in the Didache that is not already expressed in the Bible ? If so that could be considered as a gem…..:)
Old 05-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Thankfully we all see things differently, some Theologians see the Didache as a 'Treasure from Heaven' the crown of Christian writings, being as close a link as there is to the original Teachings of Jesus....

Last time I read the Gospels they are full of rules/regulations and threats....

Is not the Chapter on Baptism a set of rules?

As for the Gospel being full of rules/regulations and threats....... I don't see that. I see it for what it is..... Good News. The Gospels were good news when first written and are still good news today.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-05-2022, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Can you point to anything in the Didache that is not already expressed in the Bible ? If so that could be considered as a gem…..:)

About only thing I found in the Didache that you will not find in the Bible is the great information on how to do a Baptism. Baptism was originally a Jewish thing that got transferred over to the Christian belief. If a person knew about Jewish Baptisms then they had a good idea of how to do a Christian Baptism.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 05-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
About only thing I found in the Didache that you will not find in the Bible is the great information on how to do a Baptism. Baptism was originally a Jewish thing that got transferred over to the Christian belief. If a person knew about Jewish Baptisms then they had a good idea of how to do a Christian Baptism.

BigJohn,

Even that is not clearly defined….too much ambiguity. No explanation of what ‘living water’ means. Jesus used it as a metaphor for truth and/or the Spirit. Perhaps they had running water in mind….like a stream or river ? Preferably cold but warm was OK ? If you have neither ? What else is there besides cold and warm ? And the fasting ? 1 day or 2 days for the baptized….is there a difference ? The only way we could know would be if the baptized could report if these specific steps proved to be better than other baptisms they had heard about. Rules are rules and logically should be more specific…..that if you accept the man made rules of others. In my tradition only one baptism ritual is necessary in one’s life……the specifics are irrelevant. It is the intent and expectation of the baptism that gives validity….
Old 05-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Is not the Chapter on Baptism a set of rules?

As for the Gospel being full of rules/regulations and threats....... I don't see that. I see it for what it is..... Good News. The Gospels were good news when first written and are still good news today.

All religions set 'Rules and regulations.' Including Christianity....
Old 05-05-2022, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:

I like and find very interesting the 'Eucharist Prayers', not found in the Bible....
Old 05-05-2022, 05:52 PM
Master
The Gospel of Mathew...

Theologians have stated that Mathew was influenced by the Didache..
Old 05-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Master

Quote:

BigJohn,

I have often wondered about the evolution of baptisms. I have heard the suggestion that the death of Lazarus was due to a baptism gone wrong. Correctly done the baptism was intended to provide what we call a NDE……it was intended to be an initiation rite for entrance to the spiritual realm.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:15 PM
Master
Baptism.

Baptism is not a uniquely a Christian rite. Early Mesopotamian, Egyptian, and Eastern religions practiced various forms of baptism, it's not unique to Christianity.... Each Religion takes this practise and alters it to suit..
Old 05-05-2022, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Theologians have stated that Mathew was influenced by the Didache..
From what I have seen, Mark's Gospel was the main influence for Matthew. The Didache is only a summation of the Apostle's teachings.